• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#41 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

The way these contests are won is dumb. I'm over it now. It should be one vote per email. This system proves nothing but who has the better tech guys.

I agree, it's pointless and stupid. I'd almost rather have ESPN analysts decide on the top goals and do a top ten than this.

#42 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

Tatar is going to lose. 1.4 million votes though. I agree the way they have the voting set up is retarded

#43 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

The way these contests are won is dumb. I'm over it now. It should be one vote per email. This system proves nothing but who has the better tech guys.

And that would be us :-)

It's really not hard to do, the 1 line of code is posted above. Use Google Chrome, push F12, then click the arrow, copy the code in the bottom, push enter.

#44 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

I agree, the voting set-up is stupid.   They should make it maximum 5 votes from each IP address, or however they can fix it to 5 votes.

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I agree, the voting set-up is stupid.   They should make it maximum 5 votes from each IP address, or however they can fix it to 5 votes.

Or just one vote per account, kinda like an election. I'm running the bot one 12 Windows, and clearly oshies bots aren't far behind either, but it should be done in a mire fair way.

#46 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

I've had 7 windows going since Sat AM at home, rebooting the PC due to some Windows updates, then resetting my router. I had seceral windows up on my work PC on Friday, but they reset the server late Friday evening.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#47 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

Approx 1 vote every 6 seconds is 10 votes per minute.

This is 14400 votes per day if you have one window running.  With 20 windows, its 288 000 votes per 24 hours.

Current totals are 1.55 million votes for Tatar, 1.50 million for Oshie.  

#48 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

This voting contest really comes down to like 5-6 really committed fans spamming bots. So if Tatar wins, the five of you should pat yourself on the back for carrying him to victory!

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

1.61 to 1.57 for Tatar right now. It's gonna be a close one to the finish. I hope my 12 Windows on my laptop are still voting.

#50 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

In my opinion, I don't think it is cheating anymore than using redial to call a radio station for concert tickets.  We're automating a task that gives us a better chance of success.  It is a technological resource.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#51 SteelTownWingsFan

SteelTownWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

I've had 17 different Chrome's open since about 3 hours ago on my PC, and 10 on my laptop. 

I really hope i'm doing it right, as per the instructions on this page. Is there a way to check ? 

#52 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

You guys really have nothing better to do in your life? Haha just kidding, I'm doing the same :)
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#53 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

We still need more bots! More bots! Lmao

#54 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've had 17 different Chrome's open since about 3 hours ago on my PC, and 10 on my laptop. 

I really hope i'm doing it right, as per the instructions on this page. Is there a way to check ? 

I've got about 36 open!

It looks like they're all voting, as far as I know.  I think the only way to check is the red button should automatically be clicked and then you will see it countdown 5 seconds until the next vote is automatically clicked.

Yes, I do have better things to do, that's why this process is automated  :lol:

Thanks to whoever wrote the code.  You are smart.

#55 SteelTownWingsFan

SteelTownWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

I've got about 36 open!

It looks like they're all voting, as far as I know.  I think the only way to check is the red button should automatically be clicked and then you will see it countdown 5 seconds until the next vote is automatically clicked.

Yes, I do have better things to do, that's why this process is automated  :lol:

Thanks to whoever wrote the code.  You are smart.

Lool I friggin went to my university's library and opened up 30 more bots here. I'm trying to log into as many PC's as I can but it won't let me sign into more than 2 at a time for some reason damn it. Or else I'd legit get 30 different systems with 50 different bots open lol. 

Don't ever mess with Red Wings fans. Ever. 

#56 SteelTownWingsFan

SteelTownWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

I just logged onto 2 more PC's in the library lol.........I have 100 different browsers open on 3 different systems here at school lol....And I have my PC and laptop running at home with around 30 or so browsers each lol....

We were down to only a 40,000 edge in votes.......but after the past hour and what i've been up to we're back up to 72,000.

I'm not done yet. I just continue to open up new browsers lol. In 10 minutes from now there will be at least 50 more browsers running bots.

Thank you so much for the code though lol, too unreal. 

PS, yes, all of these PC's here at school will be kept running over night until tomorrow morning. 

BRB - I have to open up more browsers. I

Edited by SteelTownWingsFan, 01 June 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#57 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Lol I love you guys

#58 SteelTownWingsFan

SteelTownWingsFan

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Wooooooooooo, we just extended the lead to over 100,000 votes!! It's steadily and gradually increasing now...

Pretty sure I have over 500 different browsers running on 6 different systems in total between my house and here at the school lol. I've opened up over 200 browsers on 2 systems here at school, and they just don't slow down!! These systems are so fast lol, so i'm taking advantage by opening up more and more browsers hahaha.

Time to do some homework, but before I leave the school tonight, I WILL open up at least 100 more browsers. Minimum 100. 

Edited by SteelTownWingsFan, 01 June 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#59 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

The Hertl goal is impressive, but not as impressive as people seem to think. 97% of the forwards in the league could pull it off (even goons are way more skilled than they're perceived to be), just as 97% of the goalies in the league could hit an empty net at the opposite of the rink. If you had everyone trying "the Hertl," you'd have at least one on NHL Tonight's nightly highlight reel for a couple months straight, and then goalies would catch on and it'd die out and no one would really miss it, cuz it's an unoriginal shootout move (lest we forget, Hertl wasn't the first to do it). If you had every goalie trying "the Brodeur," you'd have at least one on NHL Tonight's nightly highlight reel for a couple months straight, and then the novelty would wear off.

Nyquist's goal is something else. How many times have we seen "the Nyquist" before? How many times will we see it again? Sure, it's largely luck, but 1) he earns that luck, and 2) so what? (There's a little bit of "luck" in every goal.) For me, it's just a classic hockey play. Not a nifty little shootout move that, with enough practice, anyone could pull off. Determination, sheer force of will, and then a one-in-a-hundred oh-why-not swing for the fences, since he's battled so hard for it anyway (and that's a hell of a battle, btw) - and he connects, and he knocks it out of the park. And that goalie he beats? One of the best in the league this season. (As we now know, he was the Lightning's season. They're not the same team without him. Just saying.)

The other thing about the Hertl goal - the game was already decided. I think it's much easier to pull that off when the opposing team has laid down and died. It's "Good for you, have a cookie" territory. It's awesome that it was his fourth or fifth of the night, but, well, sorta case in point.

All computer voting gimmicks aside, The Hertl goal was great, but, yeah, I ve been watching guys at my local rink doing that for over 10 years now.

Nyquists was uniquely amazing: can not and will not ever be duplicated.

#60 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Its going to be funny how drastic the difference in vote totals will be if we get another all Wings final.

We'll go from 5 to 6 milion votes in the semi-finals to less than 300 thousand in the finals.

I think Oshie and Tatar have more votes in this round than all the other match-ups in the brackets combined.