• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
laporte15

Phaneuf being shopped?

Rate this topic

Rumor is that Toronto is looking to make a major move & there open to shopping there captain! Should we make an offer? What would it take to get him? I would love to see us make this kind of a move! I just wouldn't include Mantha in the trade.

Lol I appreciate it I'm new to this as you can see by my posts! But they were talking about Toronto possibly absorbing some of the cap hit to make it more like a 5 mill year hit.

Lol I appreciate it I'm new to this as you can see by my posts! But they were talking about Toronto possibly absorbing some of the cap hit to make it more like a 5 mill year hit.

I would consider it for $5mil but what we would have to give up may be pricey

The Leafs are a perfect example of a top - down mess:

run by two companies who hate each other, than you have:

VP - GM - Ass. GM's - Cap magicians I mean going through this whole process must be an absolute mess and it's difficult to make the right decisions with so many cooks in the ktichen.

Man Phaneuf doesn't even have a NTC Nmc clause wow he could easily end up with Edmonton :(

Article I read said that he was available, but not being actively shopped, and would only be moved to a Western conference team, with the Laffs being willing to eat some salary.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/12/on-those-phaneuf-trade-rumors/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Lol not that I want him but when were in the west teams only willing to deal to the east, when were in the east teams only willing to deal to the west

I'll take it a step further and say Phaneuf is a defensive liability. He is likely being shopped for a reason, he has been getting worse in his own end and the money that comes along with him i'd stay FAR away from him. He only had 31 points in 80 games, which is a lot less than Kronwall put up, and he takes a lot of penalties unnecessarily. I have zero interest in Phaneuf, he's a shadow of the top defenseman he used to be and I don't see the Wings benefiting from his presence at all.

This guy sucks big time as a leader and number 1. I think he would be a great third defenceman as he can hit and somewhat move the puck and be a small threat offensively.

At a 5 mil cap hit i'd be interested without giving up too much. Maybe a defensive prospect and a 2nd..

And that wouldn't be enough so yeah lol