• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Shero & Bylsma Fired

Rate this topic

Sources say NBC analyst Pierre McGuire has had two interviews for the Penguins' GM job. McGuire was an asst coach on their '92 Cup team.

Don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but I can tell you that Pierre is tight with multiple people in the organization.

For the love of all that is good in this world, PLEASE let the Pens hire Pierre McToolGuire as their next GM.

That would make my day. Week. Month. Year. Possibly decade...

Sources say NBC analyst Pierre McGuire has had two interviews for the Penguins' GM job. McGuire was an asst coach on their '92 Cup team.

Don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but I can tell you that Pierre is tight with multiple people in the organization.

Whenever the pundits say to fire the GM or the coach, the first question I ask is, who out there is better on the market right now than who they have in the position.

Is Pierre an upgrade over Shero? I don't believe he is. Especially considering he has been a TV analyst for years.

He may be annoying and awkward as part of the broadcast team, but Pierre has a great hockey mind. Very knowledgeable about the game.

I agree completely. He's a doofus and awkward on television, but he knows a ton about hockey. I can appreciate what Pierre brings to a telecast far more than fan boy Edzo. He's just a cheerleader on national broadcasts.

Guest midnightpulp

Mcguire is actually fine... he's not as bad as people make him to be IMO

it's Edzo that I can't stand.. i wouldn't shed a tear if he and his family died in a fire

If McGuire hasn't changed his ways since his time as coach of the Whalers he'll be a disaster as a GM.

http://articles.courant.com/1994-05-21/sports/9405210429_1_pierre-mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren

Although anything that hurts pittsburgh is good in my eyes.

So how does his time as a coach show how good of a GM he is going to be? Sure, he may not have been a people person back in 1994, but he knows the game. Being a general manager is more about the people he has around him.

No. Because he is obnoxious, clearly biased on national broadcasts, annoying, and he gets away with it all.

I agree that he is annoying, and I don't think his charisma and how he carries conversations allow him to be an effective tv personality, but as far as broadcasters and analysts that work for NBC, I think Pierre is one of the least biased of the group.

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe I don't give a crap, but I can honestly say that I've never heard Mcguire being 'clearly biased'...Yeah - he chats up certain players/teams, but he's doing it because they're exceptional.

I agree with what you are saying. I really don't think he is biased at all either. His job is to talk up the star players, and he does just that. Since we are Wings fans, anyone who doesn't kiss the asses of the Red Wings is obviously biased against the Wings.

Guest Playmaker

If he gets the job, I wish him well. He's a tv analyst. Why on Earth would anyone wish for another person to fail?

Ok, Pierre knows the game. Knows it well. And I have no doubt that he'd surprise some ppl as a GM. But he is incredibly biased IMO, whether that translates into his possible management career remains to be seen.

Ok, Pierre knows the game. Knows it well. And I have no doubt that he'd surprise some ppl as a GM. But he is incredibly biased IMO, whether that translates into his possible management career remains to be seen.

He's the least biased of the broadcast crew, imo. What led you to the conclusion that Pierre is biased?