• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Shero & Bylsma Fired

Rate this topic

That fan girl squeal every time Sid hits the ice

Part of his job is to promote the marketable players, and Crosby is #1 on NBC's list. In his defense, there have been games where he very bluntly called out Crosby for not back-checking, or for taking a stupid penalty, etc.

I don't really mind Pierre. When he does his weekly interview with Hradek and Mears, he's a surprisingly likeable person, same with Edzo. I think they both play up their quirks for NBC, to the point where they become caricatures of themselves. Whatever sells the show, I guess.

As for biases - well, for starters, Pierre likes the Wings. He's made that clear. But I get the argument. Really, I think it's whichever team is controlling the game, that's the one he's going to talk up. Because if he doesn't, well, then he looks biased. So he can't win. And yeah, he's going to pay special attention to Crosby, but I've never gotten the impression that it comes from this sinister place in the darkest region of his soul. He likes Crosby because he's a great player, and even if that weren't the case, you know there's a mandate to Sell the Sport (and the show), so Crosbyvision is happening no matter what, with or without Pierre, whether we like it or not.

Edzo. I do think it's pretty clear that he's not the biggest fan of the Wings, but we blow it way out of proportion. He has his Edzoisms that he needs to get in at least once a night, regardless of the teams that are playing. Subtle interference, dangerous and reckless way to take a hit along the boards, four-on-four means D get D and forwards get forwards, "You cannot allow [insert thing you cannot allow]," etc.

But getting back on topic - I can see Pierre being a pretty good GM, but, honestly, I don't have much to base that on, and I could just as easily see it being a disaster. He knows his hockey, and he seems to be pretty ok in dealing with hockey people. But being the general manager of an NHL organization is a crazy-big job. It's more than just knowing your hockey and doing scripted two-minute "interviews" with cliche-packing hockey players. It's more than knowing where everyone played his junior hockey. I'm sure there's more to him than that, but enough to guide the Penguins to the multiple Cups they feel they deserve? That's the question.

I wouldn't want him as our coach, but I'd take him as an assistant. He'd surely help the offense and PP you'd have to think. Not like every player on Pittsburgh's team didn't have about 2,000 powerplay points this year.

I wouldn't want him as our coach, but I'd take him as an assistant. He'd surely help the offense and PP you'd have to think. Not like every player on Pittsburgh's team didn't have about 2,000 powerplay points this year.

Yeah but like, Crosby Malkin

I think they need to heavily pursue him for an assistant spot. At least that way, if Babcock does move on soon, we have two options to fill the vacant spot already in the organization (Bylsma & Blashill). Also, I agree with some that Bylsma might help the offense out, which we need in all areas.

From TSN:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are scheduled to talk to Marc Crawford and Ron Wilson about their head coaching vacancy, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported on Tuesday.

Looks like the Penguins organization is intentionally trying to pizz off their fan base.