• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (4) Les Canadiens de Montréal

Rate this topic

Henrik Lunquivst once again STEALING a game for the Rangers! To anyone who ever questioned Howard being close to the King can look at this and never again make that comparison again. He was the sole reason they beat the Pens and, just continues to dominate. He was simply unreal tonight, jaw dropping with some of his saves.

But the best thing for me was watching Michielle Terriens post game conference and it was an exact replica of the one he had in 2008 against the Wings complaining about the refs. He is such a joke.

And is about to be extended by the Canadiens.

Henrik Lunquivst once again STEALING a game for the Rangers! To anyone who ever questioned Howard being close to the King can look at this and never again make that comparison again. He was the sole reason they beat the Pens and, just continues to dominate. He was simply unreal tonight, jaw dropping with some of his saves.

But the best thing for me was watching Michielle Terriens post game conference and it was an exact replica of the one he had in 2008 against the Wings complaining about the refs. He is such a joke.

What do you expect from this coach? He I'd just extremely cocky and acts like his never wrong

He's been a starter in the nhl for 9 years, and this is the only the second time he makes it passed Tue second round. For the world's best goaltender, not getting to the finals in 9 seasons sure is something

He's been a starter in the nhl for 9 years, and this is the only the second time he makes it passed Tue second round. For the world's best goaltender, not getting to the finals in 9 seasons sure is something

Hasek didn't get past the 2nd round for 6 years, and in his 9 seasons with the Sabres only made it past the second round twice.

I'm not saying Lundqvist is necessarily the world's best goaltender, but that's a pretty strange metric you're using.

Hasek didn't get past the 2nd round for 6 years, and in his 9 seasons with the Sabres only made it past the second round twice.

I'm not saying Lundqvist is necessarily the world's best goaltender, but that's a pretty strange metric you're using.

I'm not saying he isn't a great goalie. I'm just saying great goalies can only get you so far. The fact that "the king" has only gotten past the second round for the second time now just goes to show that even if we had the best goalie in the league we wouldn't fare any better in the playoffs if we can't defend properly or score more

I'm not saying he isn't a great goalie. I'm just saying great goalies can only get you so far. The fact that "the king" has only gotten past the second round for the second time now just goes to show that even if we had the best goalie in the league we wouldn't fare any better in the playoffs if we can't defend properly or score more

You mean that is where that term "team effort" comes into play?

Lundqvist is a solid goalie and one of the best in the NHL now but he hasn't won a Cup yet and I wouldn't call him a "King" until he earns himself a title like that. They got their work cut out for them if they do make the Cup cause neither the Hawks or Kings are gonna be pushovers.

Edited by GoWings!

Lundqvist is a solid goalie and one of the best in the NHL now but he hasn't won a Cup yet and I wouldn't call him a "King" until he earns himself a title like that. They got their work cut out for them if they do make the Cup cause neither the Hawks or Kings are gonna be pushovers.

Hockey is a teamgame you can have two superstars and still need others to show up and play hard, otherwise you won't win see Crosby and Malkin in Pittsburgh. He is known as the king because Lundqvist has by far been the most consistent and reliable goalie for the last decade without him the Rangers won't make the playoffs.

The King could play perfect each game but if his team doesn't score it wouldn't matter and that's exactly why hockey is so great the TEAM needs to show up.

Whoever is coming out of the west will be the heavvy favorite that's for sure.

Hockey is a teamgame you can have two superstars and still need others to show up and play hard, otherwise you won't win see Crosby and Malkin in Pittsburgh. He is known as the king because Lundqvist has by far been the most consistent and reliable goalie for the last decade without him the Rangers won't make the playoffs.

The King could play perfect each game but if his team doesn't score it wouldn't matter and that's exactly why hockey is so great the TEAM needs to show up.

Whoever is coming out of the west will be the heavvy favorite that's for sure.

I'm confused, are you making the point that hockey is a team game and requires a team effort or are you making the point that one guy (Lundquist) dragged his team into the playoffs every year for a decade?

I'm confused, are you making the point that hockey is a team game and requires a team effort or are you making the point that one guy (Lundquist) dragged his team into the playoffs every year for a decade?

Wait, I am confused... Are you saying that he is saying that hockey is a team effort, the Rangers are playing an team with effort and Lundquist stellar play gives them the advantage?

They have a way to go to catch up in cups. Besides, I don't see them winning it again this year. I think the Ducks or Kings would both beat them.

I somehow forgot to include "recent" in my post. I meant file and finals appearances during the Wings 95-2009 streak.

Edzo's looking pudgy. Must've binged on ice cream last night.

EDZO: "I hate those Kings! I hate them I hate them I hate them!" *cries, wolfs down five whole scoops of mint choco-chip in three seconds, gets brain freeze, wails like a banshee*

PIERRE: "something something something, wouldn't you say, Eddie?"

EDZO: "....................................I hate you, Pierre."

Edited by Dabura

P.K. mouthing along to the Star-Spangled Banner. For some reason, I find that really awesome.

Not awesome: Prust blindsides Stepan with a piece-of-s*** hit up high on Stepan, well after the puck had left him. Stepan goes to the locker room, teams officially hate each other, it's getting nasty. Therrien loves him some thuggery.

Rags are getting sucked in. Can't stoop to Therrien's level.