• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Wow, he's out for the rest of the series. Tough break. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Habs are done without Price in my opinion. Rangers are going to advance to the finals. I just really hope the Kings can somehow beat the Hawks. I want a NY-LA Stanley Cup Final.

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

So, who breaks Kreider's legs with a couple ninja slashes? Murray? Prust? Therrien?

Edited by Dabura, 19 May 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

In a way, it's sort of poetic. They rolled over a Bishop-less Bolts team. Their whole thing now is "No one respects us. We deserve everyone's respect. We proved ourselves. We're an elite team." I guess we'll see.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Kreider_Fleury_gif_medium.gif

He's no Nick Kypreos.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 19 May 2014 - 01:19 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#46 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Well, let's hope NYR can at least win a game against the Hawks.

Funny, for all this talk of parity, sure seems like a handful of teams dominate this league. But that's OK as long as the Red Wings are no longer of them.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#47 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

It's hard to tell if he did it on purpose but thats three times now? some of these big guys go down rather easy, while it takes a wrecking ball to move datsyuk lol

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

3-1 rangers

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#49 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

I just got home and turned it on. First thing I saw was subban going in for a hit and you threw a punch at the same time...right in front of a ref lol.

Still one of my favorite players but needs to control himself.

#50 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Things not looking good for the Habs.

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Rangers lead the series 2-0 going back to the Garden.

#52 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

Henrik Lunquivst once again STEALING a game for the Rangers! To anyone who ever questioned Howard being close to the King can look at this and never again make that comparison again. He was the sole reason they beat the Pens and, just continues to dominate. He was simply unreal tonight, jaw dropping with some of his saves. 

But the best thing for me was watching Michielle Terriens post game conference and it was an exact replica of the one he had in 2008 against the Wings complaining about the refs. He is such a joke.

#53 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Henrik Lunquivst once again STEALING a game for the Rangers! To anyone who ever questioned Howard being close to the King can look at this and never again make that comparison again. He was the sole reason they beat the Pens and, just continues to dominate. He was simply unreal tonight, jaw dropping with some of his saves. 

But the best thing for me was watching Michielle Terriens post game conference and it was an exact replica of the one he had in 2008 against the Wings complaining about the refs. He is such a joke.

And is about to be extended by the Canadiens. 

#54 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

Dat obstruction tho.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

What do you expect from this coach? He I'd just extremely cocky and acts like his never wrong

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#56 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

He's been a starter in the nhl for 9 years, and this is the only the second time he makes it passed Tue second round. For the world's best goaltender, not getting to the finals in 9 seasons sure is something

#57 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

He's been a starter in the nhl for 9 years, and this is the only the second time he makes it passed Tue second round. For the world's best goaltender, not getting to the finals in 9 seasons sure is something

Hasek didn't get past the 2nd round for 6 years, and in his 9 seasons with the Sabres only made it past the second round twice. 

I'm not saying Lundqvist is necessarily the world's best goaltender, but that's a pretty strange metric you're using.

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hasek didn't get past the 2nd round for 6 years, and in his 9 seasons with the Sabres only made it past the second round twice. 

I'm not saying Lundqvist is necessarily the world's best goaltender, but that's a pretty strange metric you're using.

I'm not saying he isn't a great goalie. I'm just saying great goalies can only get you so far. The fact that "the king" has only gotten past the second round for the second time now just goes to show that even if we had the best goalie in the league we wouldn't fare any better in the playoffs if we can't defend properly or score more

#59 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm not saying he isn't a great goalie. I'm just saying great goalies can only get you so far. The fact that "the king" has only gotten past the second round for the second time now just goes to show that even if we had the best goalie in the league we wouldn't fare any better in the playoffs if we can't defend properly or score more

You mean that is where that term "team effort" comes into play?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

You mean that is where that term "team effort" comes into play?

What's this team effort you speak of? And where do we get one?