• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (4) Les Canadiens de Montréal

Rate this topic

Hopefully the refs lay off the ticky tacky BS calls on the Rangers and let the better team actually decide the outcome tonight, or at least call the Habs on their "obstruction interference" penalties when they constantly lay the body on the Rangers guys not allowing them to forecheck or backcheck.

I'm glad the Rangers are going back to the Finals, but you have to think that if Carey Price didn't get hurt, Montreal would be there instead.

Tokarski played well, and isn't to blame, but he's not on that same level.

It's hard to win when your team doesn't score.

This would be the Wings if they'd gotten Girardi. But noooooooooo.

But srsly, the Rangers looked fantastic tonight. Their quick-strike transition game, like LA's, is relentless. Their speed is lethal. They make good, hard, tape-to-tape passes, know how to work below the goal line in the o-zone, their defensive positioning and stickwork is A+, they've got the best goalie in the world, they're a true four-line team, top-notch PK, they check exceptionally well - there's a whole lot to like about this team, which is why I picked them as my bandwagon team in the first round. I think they put up a better fight against LA/Chicago than most will be expecting.

I'm glad the Rangers are going back to the Finals, but you have to think that if Carey Price didn't get hurt, Montreal would be there instead.

Yeah maybe.

Or maybe if Bishop hadn't been injured, the Habs don't make it out of Round 1.

Circle of life.

They definitely didn't miss Price as much as we all assumed they would. Tokarski was phenomenal.

First team to play the maximum 14 games across the first two rounds and make it to the Cup Finals. I can't believe that's true, but apparently it is.

Tokarski is no Price, but I think he did a great job for a rookie, I'm not sure Price would have won it though. You had Montreal trying to come back all series long, and Lundqvist would have competed on a different level vs. Price, not sure that 7-4 game would have existed.

Tokarski gave Montreal a chance, and that's all you can ask of him.

Congrats to the Rangers for a successful season no matter what happens in the Cup but I think it shows how weak the Eastern Conference is. I really don't think they would've beaten Boston. I still don't see them beating anyone out West but we'll see what happens cause you never know.

Guest DeGraa55

Congrats to the Rangers for a successful season no matter what happens in the Cup but I think it shows how weak the Eastern Conference is. I really don't think they would've beaten Boston. I still don't see them beating anyone out West but we'll see what happens cause you never know.

All comes down to king henrik.