• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

2014 Memorial Cup

Rate this topic

I think Val D'or has to win tonight to be in the semi-final. It's 2-2 going into the 3rd.

...now it's 3-3 going into OT

No matter what they will have a chance to get into the Semi-final game. If London loses tomorrow then Val d'Or automatically plays Edmonton in the semi-final.

If London wins then they play in a tie-breaker game vs the loser of tonight's game, with the winner of that game playing in the semi-final vs the winner of tonights game.

Given that Gelinas (Val d'Or's best defenceman) is injured I think they're in far better shape winning this game and getting an extra day of rest.

Guest DeGraa55

Bertuzzi being helped off the ice after a knee on knee. The classy London fans boo him.

What is with all the knee on knee hits in the Memorial Cup? It's nuts.

That's crazy. I know players fake injuries at certain times to get a timeout(nfl a lot) but IMO it's never good to boo. Cause you just don't know if it is a legit injury or not.

Hope he is all right.

Going into the tournament it was all about Mantha, but it's become all about Bertuzzi. 5 goals to lead the tournament and a physical pest on every shift, can't wait for this guy to make the Wings roster in a couple years.

I hope he turns into his uncle

Guest DeGraa55

I hope he turns into his uncle

My god I'd love to eat some crow and have that happen. That's literally EXACTLY what this team needs....

I just don't see it :(. Hope to god I'm wrong!

Mantha shifts are wayyyy to long..he floats 80% of the time

He definitely looked tired at the end, but it was triple OT after playing 4 games in 8 days with every team being relentlessly on him. Also, add in the long QMJHL playoffs. Of course, The NHL playoffs would be even more of a grind so maybe it does show a bit of a weakness.

As for taking long shifts, that seemed to be the norm for his team and coach just kept sending him out trying to get the winning goal so I'm not sure you can fault Mantha for that. He actually looked pretty good in the last game to me. He had a lot of chances and probably should have had a goal or two.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk