• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Just I finished watching it , kids awesome ... Redwings future is beyond stacked full of potential

Just because he is scoring in juniors doesn't mean he will make it in the NHL. Let's see how he's does with the big boys first.

I still think he is a 4th liner at best.

Its just like mantha yes I think he will be good. But I don't think he should make the jump to nhl to start the year. Maybe like halfway through but not to start. I wanna see how he does in the ahl(and I can watch him a lot live then to!).

#42 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

nm 

Edited by rick zombo, 18 May 2014 - 04:25 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#43 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Just because he is scoring in juniors doesn't mean he will make it in the NHL. Let's see how he's does with the big boys first.

Its just like mantha yes I think he will be good. But I don't think he should make the jump to nhl to start the year. Maybe like halfway through but not to start. I wanna see how he does in the ahl(and I can watch him a lot live then to!).

Nothing he said was inaccurate. 

He said the Wings future was full of potential...Not full of NHL 1st liners.

Just because they have potential doesn't mean they will all reach it.

Right now the Wings prospect pool is ranked 3rd in the NHL, not bad for a team that has picked in the top 20 only twice in the past couple decades.

#44 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Nothing he said was inaccurate. 

He said the Wings future was full of potential...Not full of NHL 1st liners.

Just because they have potential doesn't mean they will all reach it.

Right now the Wings prospect pool is ranked 3rd in the NHL, not bad for a team that has picked in the top 20 only twice in the past couple decades.

I just think comparing mantha nyquist and others potential(high) to bertuzzi(low) is kind of insulting. They're not in the same sentence. IMO

#45 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hey, if Mantha thinks he can get the AHL scoring title next year, then by all means....leave him down there to cook another season lol. 

#46 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I just think comparing mantha nyquist and others potential(high) to bertuzzi(low) is kind of insulting. They're not in the same sentence. IMO

Yan Golubovsky had pretty high potential too. Then our 10th round pick from that year turned out to be way better and the best net front forward in the league. I think it's insulting to write off a player just bc u have some perceived idea that his potential is lower bc he's not Daigle hyped.

#47 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Yan Golubovsky had pretty high potential too. Then our 10th round pick from that year turned out to be way better and the best net front forward in the league. I think it's insulting to write off a player just bc u have some perceived idea that his potential is lower bc he's not Daigle hyped.

He did something most people don't predict. When someone is a horrible skater and shooter you don't think much of them. Who would predict he would go on to be able to handle such abuse and screenig ability and a talent to direct shots.

It's called LUCK and heart. Two things that no one can measure. The wings have been fortunate in both ends.

But with that said I still have the believe he will not amount to much. Because he doesn't have the natural talent. But maybe he has the heart.

#48 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Bertuzzi-Glendening-Callahan..just a fantasy, I know, but that would be a Troll line 

#49 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Looks like London has been "Out-Huntered" by Guelph.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#50 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Some of Guelph's sportswriters think that Bertuzzi is the MVP of that team despite not being near the lead in scoring.

He missed a large portion of the year, both regular season and playoffs with injuries but still manages to put up PPG numbers playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.

He also gets no PP time and kills penalties, even taking faceoffs in certain situations.

Do I think he'll be as good as Mantha...No, 

but could he? yes.

#51 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

I think Val D'or has to win tonight to be in the semi-final. It's 2-2 going into the 3rd.

...now it's 3-3 going into OT

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 20 May 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#52 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

I think Val D'or has to win tonight to be in the semi-final. It's 2-2 going into the 3rd.

...now it's 3-3 going into OT

No matter what they will have a chance to get into the Semi-final game. If London loses tomorrow then Val d'Or automatically plays Edmonton in the semi-final.

If London wins then they play in a tie-breaker game vs the loser of tonight's game, with the winner of that game playing in the semi-final vs the winner of tonights game.

Given that Gelinas (Val d'Or's best defenceman) is injured I think they're in far better shape winning this game and getting an extra day of rest.

#53 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, I just figured it out from the intermission discussion. I was wondering why there wasn't much urgency in the commentary

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 20 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#54 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

Nice goal from Richard.  Kid has himself some speed there.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#55 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

If Guelph win tonight, is it then a straight Guelph v Val D'or final?

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm pretty sure Val D'or has to play the semi-final Friday, against Edmonton again...I think.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#57 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

From Memorial Cup 2014:

A Knights' win forces a Tiebreaker game against the Oil Kings on Thursday, whereas a Storm win secures the WHL champions a place in the Semi-Final in a rematch against the Foreurs on Friday.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#58 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Bertuzzi being helped off the ice after a knee on knee. The classy London fans boo him.

What is with all the knee on knee hits in the Memorial Cup? It's nuts.

#59 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Bertuzzi being helped off the ice after a knee on knee. The classy London fans boo him.

What is with all the knee on knee hits in the Memorial Cup? It's nuts.

That's crazy. I know players fake injuries at certain times to get a timeout(nfl a lot) but IMO it's never good to boo. Cause you just don't know if it is a legit injury or not.

Hope he is all right.

#60 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Going into the tournament it was all about Mantha, but it's become all about Bertuzzi. 5 goals to lead the tournament and a physical pest on every shift, can't wait for this guy to make the Wings roster in a couple years.

#NOMOREKINDL