• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jjyoung500

P.K. Subban

Rate this topic

Is there any reason that the Wings shouldn't make a huge push for Subban this summer? He is a restricted free agent that will probably make 8-9 million per year on a new contract.

Not sure of the cap space, but Subban is a 25 year old Norris Trophy winner who plays with speed and reminds me of Kronwall when he hits people

Now what to do about Franzen....ugh

I think the main reason they shouldn't, is because they would be wasting their time. The Red Wings would most likely have to offer him a salary over $10M/year to compete with other interested teams and to entice him to want to leave a team it sounds like he is very happy to be a part of.

Plus, Bergevin has already stated that he would likely match any offer sheet that comes PK's way.

IF the Wings were somehow able to sign Subban to an offer sheet and have Montreal not match, they'd have to cough up four 1st rounders. That would likely do more longterm harm than good. The Red Wings two "elite" forwards are on the wrong side of their prime, and it's getting harder in todays league to replace players like that through Free Agency and trades. Missing four chances to grab a couple of potential "elite" forwards, would make it that much more difficult to replace them.

Hes a good player, but vastly overrated...

Hes been benched before for various reasons and is just as bad as bertuzzi for taking penalties. He is PURELY an offensive defenceman which is fine for us because we need one; However, at 8-10 mil? no.

Hes a good player, but vastly overrated...

Hes been benched before for various reasons and is just as bad as bertuzzi for taking penalties. He is PURELY an offensive defenceman which is fine for us because we need one; However, at 8-10 mil? no.

Pretty much this. When's the last time a restricted free agent was given an offer that wasn't matched? Even ridiculous ones like the contract the Canes offered Fedorov that made almost all of it paid in the first year if his team made it past the second round or whatever it was got matched. If the Wings offered him max money for 7 years, the Habs might let him go, but then they'd be sitting with a guy who acts like a spoiled child and takes bad penalties and has issues in the D zone making more than any other defenseman in the NHL, taking up a big chunk of cap space. I'd rather have a $6 mil guy and a $4 mil guy than one $10 mil guy.

No. Never.

Everytime it seems I watch highlights of Habs games he is the defenseman that blew it for the other team to score. I put him in the Barret Jackman category of "Never Do This On Defense."