• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF: (6) California Dreamin' v (5) The Night Chicago Died

Rate this topic

I think Chicago will win, but who knows with the Kings. They're an interesting team. But I bet Chicago wins and goes on to win the Cup. Three Cups in five years if they pull it off. They're easy to hate, but that they're at all in the position they are again even now proves a lot of the naysayers wrong. It really makes me wish we still had at least one guy with the last name of "Bowman" involved in our organization...it's been a steady downhill since Scotty left for us while the Blackhawks are on the brink of dynasty.

I know this may sound weird, but the teams with the color yellow incorporated in the logo/uniform in any fashion, have been ousted so far in the playoffs, besides Chicago... A trend?

Edited by Rivalred

I know this may sound weird, but the teams with the color yellow incorporated in the logo/uniform in any fashion, have been ousted so far in the playoffs, besides Chicago... A trend?

Umm and the teams with green too, must be a conspiracy

I think Chicago will win, but who knows with the Kings. They're an interesting team. But I bet Chicago wins and goes on to win the Cup. Three Cups in five years if they pull it off. They're easy to hate, but that they're at all in the position they are again even now proves a lot of the naysayers wrong. It really makes me wish we still had at least one guy with the last name of "Bowman" involved in our organization...it's been a steady downhill since Scotty left for us while the Blackhawks are on the brink of dynasty.

They'd be the first team since the Oilers to do that. In this era, that's amazing.

They'd be the first team since the Oilers to do that. In this era, that's amazing.

Actually, I think the way the cap works is changing. Between lockouts 2 and 3 it was constant turmoil and teams only had a 2 or 3 year window to win the cup. Now, all the best teams have all their star players locked up on 6, 7, 8 year contracts. Because the cap will still keep going up they are able to afford to keep most of their good 2nd tier players which is what truly turns a team into a contender and the contending window is being pushed wider.

Anyway, reasons for wanting the Kings to win

1) Because Detroit were the last team to win back to back cups. Lets keep it that way.

2) Kings wear black, white and silver these days, just as they should

3) Because Detroit were the last team to win back to back cups. Lets keep it that way.

4) Daryl Suter is pure awesome

5) Because Detroit were the last team to win back to back cups. Lets keep it that way.

6) Kopitar and Doughty don't get anywhere near enough recognition for their game because they play on the west coast.

7) Because Detroit were the last team to win back to back cups. Lets keep it that way.

What a joke power play. Players get cleared out from in front of goalies all the time. If they called that a whistle there would be one after every shot attempt and whistle.

Other series they were calling snowing the goalie. Now not only do they not call it but they reward a dive. Crap like that drives me nuts. It's after the play. The ref is right there. It's not about not seeing what happened. It's just incompetence. Should've let them both go.

Hawks are Penguins west with a better defense...

Good to hear that d-bag Olczak is not doing this game.

What's funny is the Hawks have become masters of subtle interference if anyone has.

Watch when the Kings are trying to gain the blueline, or as the Hawks are breaking out of the zone. These playoffs refs are letting a lot of interference like that go in general. Especially at the blueline.