• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF: (6) California Dreamin' v (5) The Night Chicago Died

Rate this topic

Exactly. Which is the complete opposite of how the Kings have typically won previous years.

Two years ago, he was incredible, as was the entire team.

His stats this year in the playoffs are pretty subpar for today's era. Their offense is carrying the load.

You know the state of NHL officiating is poor when Dan O'Halloran is selected for a Game 7 in the conference finals. Should have just teamed him up with Brad Watson while they were at it.

It's brutal to see such a great series decided by power plays on ticky tacky BS calls.

Quick in this playoffs is reminding me of Osgood in 1998. This team is winning in spite of him, and not because. He's lucky they've scored so many goals to bail his ass out in these playoffs.

Not even close. Osgood had some dud games in that run, sure, but overall, he was fine. He bounced back from some of his bigger gaffs strong too. I double checked some of the games logs to be sure, because I don't recall many blowouts, and it turns out he gave up 4 goals or more in 3 games, and only more than 4 once. Quick has been rocky the whole time and given up 4 goals or more now 7 times in less games and more than 4 in 3 games, and he's accomplished this in 1 less game.

Osgood was much better in 2008 and 2009 than in 1998, but he wasn't nearly as lousy in 1998 as Quick has been this year.

It's brutal to see such a great series decided by power plays on ticky tacky BS calls.

NHL hockey...

And anyone who still really believes that any team making the playoffs has a legitimate chance is delusional. There is a big gap between teams like Chicago and nearly everyone else. If the Wings want to have a prayer or truly contending in the next few years, a lot has to change.

No matter who wins this series, is there any possible way the Cup finals won't be a letdown after this??

This is the Stanley Cup finals to me. One of these teams is likely to win the Cup. This is the series that matters.

But this year, who knows...?

No matter who wins this series, is there any possible way the Cup finals won't be a letdown after this??

No kidding. This is one of the most exciting playoff series I can ever recall. The Rangers have Lundqvist to keep the final maybe somewhat respectable, but it just feels like these are the two best teams and the winner is going to be the champion.

OT in game 7 after being down 3-1 in a series, seen this before

How nuts is that? Who would ever have thought it was going to come to this when the Kings were up 3-1? I was watching that third period like if it was the Wings playing. I really, really want the Kings to win this.

How nuts is that? Who would ever have thought it was going to come to this when the Kings were up 3-1? I was watching that third period like if it was the Wings playing. I really, really want the Kings to win this.

No kidding. For some idiotic reason, God seems to like the Blackhawks.

If I was God, they'd lose on a goal that bounces off the referee's whistle and into the net.

KINGS! That was the loudest I ever cheered for a goal not scored by the Red Wings.

What a series. I honestly want the Rangers to win it all now, but the main mission of no Blackhawks, Penguins, or Bruins is accomplished. I hope Edzo cries himself to sleep for the next four months and all of their fans do too.

Edited by GoWings1905