• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF: (6) California Dreamin' v (5) The Night Chicago Died

Rate this topic

No kidding. For some idiotic reason, God seems to like the Blackhawks.

If I was God, they'd lose on a goal that bounces off the referee's whistle and into the net.

You almost got your wish.

What a series though. First rate hockey. Glad to see the Kings win. Looking forward to the East/West SCF.

KINGS! That was the loudest I ever cheered for a goal not scored by the Red Wings.

What a series. I honestly want the Rangers to win it all now, but the main goal of no Blackhawks, Penguins, or Bruins is accomplished.

LoL! I NEVER in my life cheered that loud for another team. I was jumping up and down.

Wow.

I wouldn't have been as worked up as some if Chicago had won, but I'm plenty glad that we're able to stay the last team to win back to back Cups.

The Kings are having such an unbelievable run in these playoffs in the way that they're winning these series. It's a whole lot of ugly but they're finding a way to finish. After that first round, maybe it was fair to assume that this was destiny, but Chicago proved they're still one of the best teams in the NHL the way they came back in this series.

The Kings got the lucky overtime bounce tonight to seal it for this year, but I'll be surprised if the Hawks aren't right back in the thick of it next year, and more surprised if they don't win another Cup or two in the next five years. Like it or not, they're just too good of a team, even with Crawford in net, and they've got a GM that seems to know how to keep the team competitive, salary cap be damned.

I don't know what to think about the Finals. I think the Kings win, but given how things have gone, who knows? Maybe they've used pump all their luck. Quick has been terrible too so unless he tightens things up, it won't be easy. But eh, I don't know. It hasn't even started yet somehow I already feel underwhelmed.

Thank God!

What a game and that was one of the best hockey playoff series in quite some time.

I hope the Kings win it all now but if the Rangers were to win it I am still good with it. We avoided the Montreal/Chicago series from hell.

This. Beautiful. Chicago can suck it. And their dbag fair weather fans. Wings better make a hell of an offseason and get healthy and conditioned and get their s*** together.

Edited by plopster

Wow.

I wouldn't have been as worked up as some if Chicago had won, but I'm plenty glad that we're able to stay the last team to win back to back Cups.

The Kings are having such an unbelievable run in these playoffs in the way that they're winning these series. It's a whole lot of ugly but they're finding a way to finish. After that first round, maybe it was fair to assume that this was destiny, but Chicago proved they're still one of the best teams in the NHL the way they came back in this series.

The Kings got the lucky overtime bounce tonight to seal it for this year, but I'll be surprised if the Hawks aren't right back in the thick of it next year, and more surprised if they don't win another Cup or two in the next five years. Like it or not, they're just too good of a team, even with Crawford in net, and they've got a GM that seems to know how to keep the team competitive, salary cap be damned.

I don't know what to think about the Finals. I think the Kings win, but given how things have gone, who knows? Maybe they've used pump all their luck. Quick has been terrible too so unless he tightens things up, it won't be easy. But eh, I don't know. It hasn't even started yet somehow I already feel underwhelmed.

This series just goes to show how hard it is to win cups. Yeah Chicago has plenty of talent and they will be a force for a while but that doesn't mean they'll keep winning cups. Look at the teams the Wings have had and they got bounced out a lot of times when they probably should have won. You just never know.

KINGS! That was the loudest I ever cheered for a goal not scored by the Red Wings.

What a series. I honestly want the Rangers to win it all now, but the main mission of no Blackhawks, Penguins, or Bruins is accomplished. I hope Edzo cries himself to sleep for the next four months and all of their fans do too.

Edzo hates the Bruins, you know...he hates them like we hate Pittsburgh. And there's a lot of good things to say about Chicago because they're a really ******* good team, like it or not.

Please don't take that as me defending that ass clown though. I can't stand the guy at all, and oftentimes want to punch my TV when he talks. But I think some get a bit carried away with how much they dislike him because of his comments on the Wings, even though we are far from the only team he inanely dumps on. In reality, he is a self-aggrandizing and bitter failed coach who's colossally full of s*** 95% of the time no matter what or whom he's talking about.

He's just a s***ty commentator, plain and simple. Thankfully, he really wants to coach again, so hopefully someone will give him another chance to make a fool of himself again soon. Then, instead of having to listen to his phenomenally horrible ramblings during NBC games, we can simply laugh at his sure to be hysterical post-game interview rage fits instead.

This was a very entertaining series. Both goalies were good at times making some unreal saves, but overall they were below average. LA is a very good team, but there is no denying that they have benefited in this years' playoffs from some crappy goaltending against them. It is going to be an entirely different story in the finals as Henrik Lunquivst is completely on his game. I think it is going to be a lot more low scoring in the finals and, despite what everyone thinks, I think the Rangers are going to take it just because Lunquivst looks significantly better then Quick. IMO, this is the finals that we should have seen 2 years ago instead of LA and the Devils.

For once this went the exact way I was hoping for! The night the Wings got eliminated I sat and looked at the remaining teams and concluded that my best case scenario for the finals would be Rangers Vs Kings (in terms of my level of hatred for the other teams). And sure enough, that's how it went down. Now I'm saying Go Rags cause the Kings just got a Cup a few years back, and the Rangers have been Cupless for 20 years. But if the Kings do win it definitely won't break my heart by any means.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings