• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF: (6) California Dreamin' v (5) The Night Chicago Died

Rate this topic

This was a very entertaining series. Both goalies were good at times making some unreal saves, but overall they were below average. LA is a very good team, but there is no denying that they have benefited in this years' playoffs from some crappy goaltending against them. It is going to be an entirely different story in the finals as Henrik Lunquivst is completely on his game. I think it is going to be a lot more low scoring in the finals and, despite what everyone thinks, I think the Rangers are going to take it just because Lunquivst looks significantly better then Quick. IMO, this is the finals that we should have seen 2 years ago instead of LA and the Devils.

So, I'm guessing then that Quick gets 3 shutouts and the Kings sweep just to give the proverbial middle finger to history...?

No, in all seriousness, I hear you. I don't think it'll come easy, but I'm just not going to be against the Kings at this point, and I'm just not really sold on the idea of the Rangers as Cup winners. Something about them just screams "bound to fail in utterly stellar fashion!!!" But again, this year, who the hell really knows?

For once this went the exact way I was hoping for! The night the Wings got eliminated I sat and looked at the remaining teams and concluded that my best case scenario for the finals would be Rangers Vs Kings (in terms of my level of hatred). And sure enough, that's how it went down. Now I'm saying Go Rags cause the Kings just got a Cup a few years back and the Rangers have been Cupless for 20 years. But if the Kings do win it definitely won't break my heart by any means.

It's crazy that it's been twenty years already. I remember watching it clearly as that's when the feeling of dread hit because that's when the Wings Cup drought really started to come into the spotlight.

Richards, Carter and Williams all drafted and played for Philadelphia. Some team they could have had.

Philly sucks at developing its own, though.

Re: Williams - dude is now the clutchiest Game 7 player in NHL history. 14 points gives him more than Gilmour (13), more than Gretzky (12, I think). 14 points. In seven game sevens.

This has to be one of the most incredible runs ever in NHL history. Come back from 3-0 down in the first round, blow a 3-1 lead and be down 2-0 in Game 7 on the road against the defending Cup champs, win three Game 7's in a row on the road... its astounding! All due respect to the Rangers, the Kings deserve the Cup.

As for Chicago, lots of "dynasty" talk in the media after they won Game 6. They did do a lot of good things in Game 7, enough to win, I think, but the Kings ended up with the lucky bounce in the end. I always tell people, its hard to be a Wings fan (or fan of any other successful team) because while you do win a lot and that's great, when you lose, its devastating especially the deeper you get into the playoffs. That's a loss that will stick with Hawks fans for awhile. You don't come back from a 3-1 deficit, force a Game 7 and blow the lead three times and lose in OT at home and get over it anytime soon.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Guest midnightpulp

Went for a nap at 4-3 at the end of 2nd, believing the ***** had already won

Woke up, turned TV on literally 10 seconds before Martinez's goal

Chicago has lost, in OT of game 7, on home ice.

Their season is over, there's no repeat happening.

There is, there is a god!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by midnightpulp

Guest midnightpulp

lol Chiraq fans are still crying about jeff carter being offside for that goal, while ignoring the entire 2nd period where the zebras called everything against the kings even on blatant dives from chiraq. if there's one fanbase deserving of the treblinka treatment it's them.

Edited by midnightpulp

Guest midnightpulp

I was hoping LA would win - however a very tiny part of me felt that even though Chicago is an despised rival - they're still a Midwest town just like Milwaukee, and that little part was sorta pulling for a Hawks win.

Found myself rooting for them subconsciously actually.. can't ignore the fact that they're probably the most entertaining team in the playoffs. f***ers just wouldn't die without a fight. looking back now i'm quite content with how everything turned out... much better than for them to just give up in that St Louis series down 2-0