#201 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Wow.  What a series.  The right team won... go Kings!   And Chicago sucks. LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#202 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

No kidding.  For some idiotic reason, God seems to like the Blackhawks.  

If I was God, they'd lose on a goal that bounces off the referee's whistle and into the net.  

You almost got your wish. 

What a series though.  First rate hockey.  Glad to see the Kings win.  Looking forward to the East/West SCF.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#203 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

KINGS! That was the loudest I ever cheered for a goal not scored by the Red Wings. 

What a series. I honestly want the Rangers to win it all now, but the main goal of no Blackhawks, Penguins, or Bruins is accomplished. 

LoL! I NEVER in my life cheered that loud for another team. I was jumping up and down.

#204 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

I now feel like those retard Blackhawks fans who used to root against us every year, back when their team sucked and ours didn't.   

Hopefully, we don't have to do this for much longer.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#205 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's such a relief that there's 2 teams in the SCF that I like. Pulling for the Kings, but I won't be disappointed either way.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#206 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#207 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

I now feel like those retard Blackhawks fans who used to root against us every year, back when their team sucked and ours didn't.   

Hopefully, we don't have to do this for much longer.  

Gimme my ten bucks. :P

Posted Image

#208 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

YES OMG NOW I CAN NOT CARE WHAT HAPPENS FOR THE REST OF THE PLAYOFFS

SUCK IT

RED WINGS REPEAT GAME TOO STRONG

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#209 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#210 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Wow.

I wouldn't have been as worked up as some if Chicago had won, but I'm plenty glad that we're able to stay the last team to win back to back Cups.

The Kings are having such an unbelievable run in these playoffs in the way that they're winning these series. It's a whole lot of ugly but they're finding a way to finish. After that first round, maybe it was fair to assume that this was destiny, but Chicago proved they're still one of the best teams in the NHL the way they came back in this series.

The Kings got the lucky overtime bounce tonight to seal it for this year, but I'll be surprised if the Hawks aren't right back in the thick of it next year, and more surprised if they don't win another Cup or two in the next five years. Like it or not, they're just too good of a team, even with Crawford in net, and they've got a GM that seems to know how to keep the team competitive, salary cap be damned.

I don't know what to think about the Finals. I think the Kings win, but given how things have gone, who knows? Maybe they've used pump all their luck. Quick has been terrible too so unless he tightens things up, it won't be easy. But eh, I don't know. It hasn't even started yet somehow I already feel underwhelmed.

-Elliot

#211 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Thank God!

What a game and that was one of the best hockey playoff series in quite some time. 

I hope the Kings win it all now but if the Rangers were to win it I am still good with it.  We avoided the Montreal/Chicago series from hell.

#212 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

As nerve racking as it was, it's extra sweet that they beat them in OT, game 7, in Chicago.  

It's also nuts that the Kings have played three straight 7 game series and won them all on the road. 

They have defeated three very good teams.  

#213 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

3 words: f*** The Hawks. I cheered pretty loud when that puck went in the net, going to enjoy the hockey in the finals.

#NOMOREKINDL

#214 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

This. Beautiful. Chicago can suck it. And their dbag fair weather fans. Wings better make a hell of an offseason and get healthy and conditioned and get their s*** together.

Edited by plopster, 01 June 2014 - 10:39 PM.

mccarty3

#215 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Wow.

I wouldn't have been as worked up as some if Chicago had won, but I'm plenty glad that we're able to stay the last team to win back to back Cups.

The Kings are having such an unbelievable run in these playoffs in the way that they're winning these series. It's a whole lot of ugly but they're finding a way to finish. After that first round, maybe it was fair to assume that this was destiny, but Chicago proved they're still one of the best teams in the NHL the way they came back in this series.

The Kings got the lucky overtime bounce tonight to seal it for this year, but I'll be surprised if the Hawks aren't right back in the thick of it next year, and more surprised if they don't win another Cup or two in the next five years. Like it or not, they're just too good of a team, even with Crawford in net, and they've got a GM that seems to know how to keep the team competitive, salary cap be damned.

I don't know what to think about the Finals. I think the Kings win, but given how things have gone, who knows? Maybe they've used pump all their luck. Quick has been terrible too so unless he tightens things up, it won't be easy. But eh, I don't know. It hasn't even started yet somehow I already feel underwhelmed.

This series just goes to show how hard it is to win cups. Yeah Chicago has plenty of talent and they will be a force for a while but that doesn't mean they'll keep winning cups. Look at the teams the Wings have had and they got bounced out a lot of times when they probably should have won. You just never know.

#216 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

I know this may sound weird, but the teams with the color yellow incorporated in the logo/uniform in any fashion, have been ousted so far in the playoffs, besides Chicago... A trend?

Cough cough
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#217 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

but...but...we're blackhawks fans and we're entitled...what gives?

I sure can't wait for Chicago to disappear of the face of the NHL earth again.

Boston, Puttsburgh, Chicago....you can't touch this!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#218 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

If I was allowed to ask one question to one famous person, in private, I’d be tempted to ask Justin Williams how he mentally prepares for game 7s. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#219 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

L.A. takes out the NHL's trash.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#220 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

KINGS! That was the loudest I ever cheered for a goal not scored by the Red Wings. 

What a series. I honestly want the Rangers to win it all now, but the main mission of no Blackhawks, Penguins, or Bruins is accomplished. I hope Edzo cries himself to sleep for the next four months and all of their fans do too.

Edzo hates the Bruins, you know...he hates them like we hate Pittsburgh. And there's a lot of good things to say about Chicago because they're a reallyf****** good team, like it or not.

Please don't take that as me defending that ass clown though. I can't stand the guy at all, and oftentimes want to punch my TV when he talks. But I think some get a bit carried away with how much they dislike him because of his comments on the Wings, even though we are far from the only team he inanely dumps on. In reality, he is a self-aggrandizing and bitter failed coach who's colossally full of s*** 95% of the time no matter what or whom he's talking about.

He's just a s***ty commentator, plain and simple. Thankfully, he really wants to coach again, so hopefully someone will give him another chance to make a fool of himself again soon. Then, instead of having to listen to his phenomenally horrible ramblings during NBC games, we can simply laugh at his sure to be hysterical post-game interview rage fits instead.

-Elliot