• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

If Renny goes to Florida, who replaces him?

Rate this topic

Blashill would probably be my top choice, although I wonder if Fischer would be a good candidate as well.

I heard the reason that Bylsma wasn't fired right now is because the Pens didn't want someone to take him right now. The reasoning is that if they wait until the new GM comes in, and then let him go, he won't be able to get a head coaching job this year. I don't think it's unheard of for a head coach (like Tom Renney) to get fired and then take an assistant job. But it is usually after they haven't had a job for a while. But anything can happen. I am also hoping that Renney goes to Florida. The special teams have been dreadful since he arrived. They got worse, not better, under him.

That may be, but imo I think it's more to do with evaluation from the new GM and if that current coach fits his vision/philosophy-- which usually results in the coach being fired anyway. I understand it's a business, but I wish teams would at least not screw over coaches like that.

He wasn't just good he was excellent the guy knows how to run the PP, when someone like Lidas talks you better listen and execute his plan. He doesn't need to coach just work on the strategy and Babcock then tells the team how to do it win-win.

Gretzky's coaching record: 143-161-24, 2 4th place finishes and 2 5th place finishes in the division.

Gretzky's coaching record: 143-161-24, 2 4th place finishes and 2 5th place finishes in the division.

Learn to read I didn't mention him as coach. Gretzky was the headcoach in phoenix

The point was good player == good coach automatically, be that Larionov Lidstrom Gretzky or whoever.

Hopefully Adam Oates. He didn't do a great job in Washington, but when he was an assistant in NJ I really admired his work. He didn't have a ton of talent (Except Parise and Kovalchuk) and ran their PP on the run to the cup they had in 2012. He'd be a perfect fit since we're looking for a better PP set up. Plus he's got Detroit connections and Babcock connections (coached him in 03).

Oates may have a brief connection here, but he was traded for dirt and run out if town because he was bitching about icetime. He felt that he was getting screwed because he was getting less time than Yzerman...not exactly the best relationship.