• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

If Renny goes to Florida, who replaces him?

Rate this topic

If Bylsma ends up getting fired by Pittsburgh and it's too late for him to get a HC job somewhere, I could see him coming. Babcock coached him in Anaheim and he's obviously a pretty decent coach, despite the Pens' recent playoff failures.

If Bylsma ends up getting fired by Pittsburgh and it's too late for him to get a HC job somewhere, I could see him coming. Babcock coached him in Anaheim and he's obviously a pretty decent coach, despite the Pens' recent playoff failures.

I could live with that.

I don't think Bylsma is getting fired, this season. If they were going to do it, they would have done it by now. Why wait until next year when it's harder to find a new HC? They would miss out on viable candidates.

If I remember correctly, Byslma does not like Babcock.

Quite a few coaches have gone to assistant positions after being fired, Renney being one of them. I don't disagree that Bylsma could afford to wait for an opening he liked, tho. Or he might decide there is a good succession plan in a good organization in Detroit. It's all moot until/if he becomes available anyway.

Guest Playmaker

I heard the reason that Bylsma wasn't fired right now is because the Pens didn't want someone to take him right now. The reasoning is that if they wait until the new GM comes in, and then let him go, he won't be able to get a head coaching job this year. I don't think it's unheard of for a head coach (like Tom Renney) to get fired and then take an assistant job. But it is usually after they haven't had a job for a while. But anything can happen. I am also hoping that Renney goes to Florida. The special teams have been dreadful since he arrived. They got worse, not better, under him.

Even if Bylsma were fired, he's not going to be an assistant coach. He can wait a year if no one gires him. You don't go backwards in a career like this.

Happens all the time. Kirk Muller's now serving under Ken Hitchcock. Renney is a former head coach in this league. Greg Gulutzan went from head coach of the Stars to serving under Torts in Vancouver. Jacques Martin (Blues, Sens, Habs, Pants) in Pittsburgh. Gerard Gallant (BJs) in Montreal. Dave Lewis (Wings) in Carolina.

I don't see this one happening, though. If only because of the recent history between the Wings and Pens. Maybe...Blashill? Whatever. If Renney does make his exit, they'll find someone. And, whoever it is, our power play will likely improve.

Rival, I was just going to ask if I am the only one who would love to see Larionov come here.... What makes him unavailable? His agent job? Iggy knows hockey...he would 1,000,000 X better as a coach in the NHL. Not that he is a bad agent, but I think he just may ponder a spot on the bench grooming young talent instead of taking there money...besides agents are DB's.