• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2014 SCF : (2) The Big Apple vs. (3) Hollywood

Rate this topic

Who takes home Lord Stanley?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is awesome. No Penguins. No Chicago. No Filapoola. I really don't care who wins. Well, I guess it's a toss up: do I want Alain Vinault to win more than I don't want Martin St.Loius to win. Hmm.

LA overcame a 3-0 deficit, and knocked out the powerhouse Blackhawks to get here. The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

LA wins in 5. They have already climbed over the two largest obstacles they are going to face in this years playoffs.

LA overcame a 3-0 deficit, and knocked out the powerhouse Blackhawks to get here. The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

LA wins in 5. They have already climbed over the two largest obstacles they are going to face in this years playoffs.

I want calling for Montreal to win the cup prior to the first round and to be honest, if Price didn't go down, I think Montreal would of made it

I'll be rooting for the Rangers 110% (sorry, haroldsnepsts), but I won't be devastated if the Kings win it. I certainly won't be shocked. (Who's actually picking NY to win this? Aside from their fans and people who don't watch Western Conference hockey.)

I'm expecting Kopitar to have a really huge series. With all due respect to the Blueshirts, they don't have a Toews or a Kane. The weight has been lifted, the shackles loosed.

What a matchup tho. Best goalie in the world in Lundqvist (IMHO), best defenseman in the world in Doughty (IMHO), Carter and St. Louis trading end-to-end chances back and forth with blinding speed, both teams are defense-first but can really open things up if necessary...this should be good. Realgud.

The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

I think it's a closer series if Price is in and Emelin doesn't also get hurt. But I think the Rags still win in six or seven. They proved they're the superior team, IMHO. They pretty much beat the Habs at their own game, killing them with speed, skill, and best-of-the-best goaltending. Their PK was better than the Habs' P.K.

King Henry vs the Kings. Ugh! Can't wait to hear NBC run that one into the ground. After what the Kings have been through, I feel like they kind of deserve it at this point. Although, the Rangers, the way they came back in the Pittsburgh series, they have plenty of guts too. I just can't imagine the Rangers winning this though. They really don't seem like they're that good of a team to be there let alone win it. They barely got past Philly, they looked like they were just barely hanging on against Pittsburgh and Carey Price got injured otherwise that would have been a different series.

Guest DeGraa55

I Personally hope the rangers win because they got several players I like. I think they CAN do it.

But if LA wins I won't be sad either.

Outside of the Wings winning, the Rangers are pretty much the best case scenario for me. At least now that Torts is gone. Seeing King Henrik lift the cup would be amazing. He's carried that franchise for years and now they finally have a decent team in front of him and a coach with a more offense-oriented hockey.

Kings will be the favorites but I think this could be close. Lundqvist is by far the best goalie LA has gone up against in these playoffs, and offensively the Rangers are less top heavy than some of the other teams they've faced.

Going with my heart, I'll say 4-3 Rangers.

Unless it's the Wings I don't like teams flirting with dynasty status. As such, the Kings are winning just a little too much for my liking. It's a hard pill to swallow because I like the way they play hockey. So I'm going to pull for the Rags (can't believe I'm saying that) because I like St. Louis, Lundqvist, Nash and a few others, and at least they won't be a dynasty.

Question though, if the Kings win what does that do to Babcock's status as "bestest coach eva"? I mean, it's getting to the point where a half dozen guys have done as much winning in the NHL as he has.

hate the Rangers and NY in general. But then again the only thing I like about LA is the Kings and that is mild...... Kings in 5. Bettman gets what he wants: the 2 largest TV markets in the final. Money is rolling in.

Kings in 6 maybe 7 if the refs wanna be nice imo. Good goalie matchup but the West is a better conference. 3 game 7 wins on the road against arguably the 3 best teams in the NHL this year? Meh,can't wait for 2014-2015 hockey. I want my Wings back and strong!

Also extremely happy that our 97 and 98 Wings are still the last team to go back to back! Woohoo!

Edited by GoWings!

Go Rangers! Rooting for them for a couple reasons: They seem to be the feel good story,with St.Louis. I also think it will be good for the league if a big market team, from the east coast (not named Pittsburgh) wins the Cup, NY has been hungry for a Cup since Messier. Another reason would be that my Nephew-a huge WIngs fan- lives in southern California and gets flack from his coaches and teammates who are Kings fans. I want the Rangers to win so they would Shut Up and my nephew doesn't have to listen to them celebrate.