Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2014 SCF : (2) The Big Apple vs. (3) Hollywood

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

Poll: Who takes home Lord Stanley?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What will the outcome of the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

85078712.jpg2014 Stanley Cup Finals85078712.jpg

new_york_los_angeles_skylines_a_l.jpg

225px-New_York_Rangers.svg.pngvs. Los_Angeles_Kings65.png

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 04 June 2014 - 12:05 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

This is awesome. No Penguins. No Chicago. No Filapoola. I really don't care who wins. Well, I guess it's a toss up: do I want Alain Vinault to win more than I don't want Martin St.Loius to win. Hmm.

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

LA are going to kill them.

But NY has waaaaaaay more skyscrapers .

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

The King needs to be(tter) Quick against the Kings

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

mark-messier-1994.jpg

gary-bettman.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

I say Kings sweep it.
I say Kings sweep it. Bring the cup to LA then send it to Detroit next year.

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

I'm happy that I'll be able to sit back and just enjoy this series, considering Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and San Jose are not playing.

mark-messier-1994.jpg

gary-bettman.jpg

Bettman almost looked like a human in 1994.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

LA overcame a 3-0 deficit, and knocked out the powerhouse Blackhawks to get here. The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

LA wins in 5. They have already climbed over the two largest obstacles they are going to face in this years playoffs. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#9 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

LA overcame a 3-0 deficit, and knocked out the powerhouse Blackhawks to get here. The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

LA wins in 5. They have already climbed over the two largest obstacles they are going to face in this years playoffs. 

I want calling for Montreal to win the cup prior to the first round and to be honest, if Price didn't go down, I think Montreal would of made it
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'll be rooting for the Rangers 110% (sorry, haroldsnepsts), but I won't be devastated if the Kings win it. I certainly won't be shocked. (Who's actually picking NY to win this? Aside from their fans and people who don't watch Western Conference hockey.)

I'm expecting Kopitar to have a really huge series. With all due respect to the Blueshirts, they don't have a Toews or a Kane. The weight has been lifted, the shackles loosed.

What a matchup tho. Best goalie in the world in Lundqvist (IMHO), best defenseman in the world in Doughty (IMHO), Carter and St. Louis trading end-to-end chances back and forth with blinding speed, both teams are defense-first but can really open things up if necessary...this should be good. Realgud.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

The Rangers had to battle through Dustin Tokarski to get to the cup final. I firmly believe that it's a LA/Montreal cup final is Price is healthy for that series.

I think it's a closer series if Price is in and Emelin doesn't also get hurt. But I think the Rags still win in six or seven. They proved they're the superior team, IMHO. They pretty much beat the Habs at their own game, killing them with speed, skill, and best-of-the-best goaltending. Their PK was better than the Habs' P.K.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#12 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

GO Rangers GO!  Sorry but I hate the Kings!

#13 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

Best case scenario, NHL cancels the rest of the season.  PLEASE! 

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

Pulling for the Kings, but ok either way.  Like others, I'm glad there's no Habs, Pens, Hawks, Sharks, etc.  Just gonna enjoy this one either way it pans out cause I like both teams.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

You now have a dream Stanley Cup Final, where either team's goalie has the potential to steal the series.

Has Uncle Gary gotten taller over the years?

Maybe it's the shoes.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

King Henry vs the Kings.  Ugh!  Can't wait to hear NBC run that one into the ground.  After what the Kings have been through, I feel like they kind of deserve it at this point.  Although, the Rangers, the way they came back in the Pittsburgh series, they have plenty of guts too.  I just can't imagine the Rangers winning this though.  They really don't seem like they're that good of a team to be there let alone win it.  They barely got past Philly, they looked like they were just barely hanging on against Pittsburgh and Carey Price got injured otherwise that would have been a different series.

#17 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

I Personally hope the rangers win because they got several players I like. I think they CAN do it.

But if LA wins I won't be sad either.

#18 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

Outside of the Wings winning, the Rangers are pretty much the best case scenario for me. At least now that Torts is gone. Seeing King Henrik lift the cup would be amazing. He's carried that franchise for years and now they finally have a decent team in front of him and a coach with a more offense-oriented hockey. 

Kings will be the favorites but I think this could be close. Lundqvist is by far the best goalie LA has gone up against in these playoffs, and offensively the Rangers are less top heavy than some of the other teams they've faced. 

Going with my heart, I'll say 4-3 Rangers. 

#19 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Unless it's the Wings I don't like teams flirting with dynasty status.  As such, the Kings are winning just a little too much for my liking.  It's a hard pill to swallow because I like the way they play hockey.  So I'm going to pull for the Rags (can't believe I'm saying that) because I like St. Louis, Lundqvist, Nash and a few others, and at least they won't be a dynasty. 

Question though, if the Kings win what does that do to Babcock's status as "bestest coach eva"?  I mean, it's getting to the point where a half dozen guys have done as much winning in the NHL as he has. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#20 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

I don't know if I want Lundquist to hoist the Cup or give it to LA just for taking out the Hawks.  Honestly, I'm good either way.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011