Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2014 SCF : (2) The Big Apple vs. (3) Hollywood

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

Poll: Who takes home Lord Stanley?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What will the outcome of the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

hate the Rangers and NY in general. But then again the only thing I like about LA is the Kings and that is mild...... Kings in 5. Bettman gets what he wants: the 2 largest TV markets in the final. Money is rolling in.

#22 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Kings in 6 maybe 7 if the refs wanna be nice imo. Good goalie matchup but the West is a better conference. 3 game 7 wins on the road against arguably the 3 best teams in the NHL this year? Meh,can't wait for 2014-2015 hockey. I want my Wings back and strong!
Also extremely happy that our 97 and 98 Wings are still the last team to go back to back! Woohoo!

Edited by GoWings!, 02 June 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#23 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Should have been back to back again in 2009, *sigh*

Posted Image

#24 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Go Rangers! Rooting for them for a couple reasons: They seem to be the feel good story,with St.Louis. I also think it will be good for the league if a big market team, from the east coast (not named Pittsburgh) wins the Cup, NY has been hungry for a Cup since Messier. Another reason would be that my Nephew-a huge WIngs fan- lives in southern California and gets flack from his coaches and teammates who are Kings fans. I want the Rangers to win so they would Shut Up and my nephew doesn't have to listen to them celebrate. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#25 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Finally, a SCF minus Detroit that I'm not insanely annoyed to watch. This should be a good one. 

No Boston?

No Chicago? 

No Pittsburgh?

normal.jpg

#26 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Feel like Animal House:  "This is going to be great!"

I am siding with the Kings, but I have no hate towards the Rangers at all if they were to win.  The Rangers won't be push overs either.  They may not be the Hawks, but the Kings need to clean up some of their play.

My man crush on Jeff Carter knows no bounds this post-season. 

#27 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Kings in 6 maybe 7 if the refs wanna be nice imo. Good goalie matchup but the West is a better conference. 3 game 7 wins on the road against arguably the 3 best teams in the NHL this year? Meh,can't wait for 2014-2015 hockey. I want my Wings back and strong!
Also extremely happy that our 97 and 98 Wings are still the last team to go back to back! Woohoo!

As a Wings fan it seems so ridiculous that the Kings have taken this kind of road to the final and they're not looking worn out at all and as far as I know aren't dealing with much of anything injury-wise. But they're still human, and there has to be some fatigue sooner or later. If the Rangers can take the series lead you never know, LA might not have the strength to turn things around yet again. 

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Will default to supporting Rangers because its been 20 years since their last. It would be good for Lundqvist to actually have a Cup to justify his nickname, and it prevents LA from racking up Cup wins over a short span.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 midnightpulp

midnightpulp

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Rangers take game 1, Kings backdoor sweep.

#30 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

I am secretly rooting for the Rangers but in the end, they are not the Wings so I dont care.

#31 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

Kings in 7 just for the hell of it
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#32 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

I'm happy that I'll be able to sit back and just enjoy this series, considering Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and San Jose are not playing.
Bettman almost looked like a human in 1994.

Or Steve Carrell. :)

I'm torn for this one, as others have said. I guess I'll pull for NY so Lundqvist gets a cup and to keep LA from pushing the dynasty. I do think LA is more likely to win, though.

Edited by TheXym, 03 June 2014 - 05:55 AM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

If it were anyone but the Kings in the finals I'd probably be pulling for the Rangers, but now GO KINGS!

What's crazy is the Kings have already played more games than when they won the Cup in 2012.  Going through some of the best teams in the league in the process.  I hope they haven't used up all their mojo just to get to the Finals. 

#34 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

If it were anyone but the Kings in the finals I'd probably be pulling for the Rangers, but now GO KINGS!

What's crazy is the Kings have already played more games than when they won the Cup in 2012.  Going through some of the best teams in the league in the process.  I hope they haven't used up all their mojo just to get to the Finals. 

Kings earned their place. This will be a very good SCF to watch
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#35 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

No Boston ...good those friends can shut up

No Pittsburgh ...good those friends can shut up

No Chicago ...THANK YOU LA!! cause those friends are sooo obnoxious! In fact they are still not responding to txt messages of did you see the score of game 7?

So I have only one friend whose is a Rags fan been the most quiet of the bunch so going go be hard to root against her. But it has to be done!

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#36 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Kings are capable to close this series in 4 or 5.

However, given two biggest markets, everybody want this series as long as possible, say 9 games would be magnificent. Thus watch out for referees tweaking the outcome.

I'd say Kings in 6. f*** the Kings, f*** the Rangers!

#37 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

It's about time that NBC has returned with prime time coverage of the NHL.

Slackers.

From NHL:

National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman today ruled that the suspension toNew York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo will be revised to six (6) games for his actions in violation of Rule 40.4 in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final in New York on May 22.

Carcillo had originally been assessed a suspension under Rule 40.3 for deliberately applying physical force to an official. A violation of that particular Rule requires a minimum suspension of "not less than ten (10) games."

After considering Carcillo's appeal during a hearing at the NHL's New York office on Friday, May 30, the Commissioner ruled that Carcillo's actions were more appropriately deemed a violation of Rule 40.4 for deliberately applying "physical force to an official for the sole purpose of getting free of such official during or immediately following an altercation." The Commissioner determined that as appropriately re-classified under Rule 40.4, and under the totality of the circumstances, a suspension of six (6) games was the proper penalty.

It took this long to come to that decision?

"Uncle Gary, it's Mr. Sather on Line One."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#38 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I can't believe Carcillo's suspension actually got reduced. Looked like pretty blatant abuse of a referee to me.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#39 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

It's about time that NBC has returned with prime time coverage of the NHL.

Slackers.

From NHL:

It took this long to come to that decision?

"Uncle Gary, it's Mr. Sather on Line One."

I'm sure he wanted to wait and see if the Rangers would win the series.  If they lost, you know the suspension wasn't getting reduced because it'd be regular season games. 

But Gary found a loophole and reclassified what Carcillo did under a different violation so he'd be able to play in the Cup Finals. 

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

One thing I agree with that Bettman has done.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman