• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2014 SCF : (2) The Big Apple vs. (3) Hollywood

Rate this topic

Who takes home Lord Stanley?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feel like Animal House: "This is going to be great!"

I am siding with the Kings, but I have no hate towards the Rangers at all if they were to win. The Rangers won't be push overs either. They may not be the Hawks, but the Kings need to clean up some of their play.

My man crush on Jeff Carter knows no bounds this post-season.

Kings in 6 maybe 7 if the refs wanna be nice imo. Good goalie matchup but the West is a better conference. 3 game 7 wins on the road against arguably the 3 best teams in the NHL this year? Meh,can't wait for 2014-2015 hockey. I want my Wings back and strong!

Also extremely happy that our 97 and 98 Wings are still the last team to go back to back! Woohoo!

As a Wings fan it seems so ridiculous that the Kings have taken this kind of road to the final and they're not looking worn out at all and as far as I know aren't dealing with much of anything injury-wise. But they're still human, and there has to be some fatigue sooner or later. If the Rangers can take the series lead you never know, LA might not have the strength to turn things around yet again.

I'm happy that I'll be able to sit back and just enjoy this series, considering Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and San Jose are not playing.

Bettman almost looked like a human in 1994.

Or Steve Carrell. :)

I'm torn for this one, as others have said. I guess I'll pull for NY so Lundqvist gets a cup and to keep LA from pushing the dynasty. I do think LA is more likely to win, though.

Edited by TheXym

If it were anyone but the Kings in the finals I'd probably be pulling for the Rangers, but now GO KINGS!

What's crazy is the Kings have already played more games than when they won the Cup in 2012. Going through some of the best teams in the league in the process. I hope they haven't used up all their mojo just to get to the Finals.

If it were anyone but the Kings in the finals I'd probably be pulling for the Rangers, but now GO KINGS!

What's crazy is the Kings have already played more games than when they won the Cup in 2012. Going through some of the best teams in the league in the process. I hope they haven't used up all their mojo just to get to the Finals.

Kings earned their place. This will be a very good SCF to watch

No Boston ...good those friends can shut up

No Pittsburgh ...good those friends can shut up

No Chicago ...THANK YOU LA!! cause those friends are sooo obnoxious! In fact they are still not responding to txt messages of did you see the score of game 7?

So I have only one friend whose is a Rags fan been the most quiet of the bunch so going go be hard to root against her. But it has to be done!

Kings are capable to close this series in 4 or 5.

However, given two biggest markets, everybody want this series as long as possible, say 9 games would be magnificent. Thus watch out for referees tweaking the outcome.

I'd say Kings in 6. f*** the Kings, f*** the Rangers!

It's about time that NBC has returned with prime time coverage of the NHL.

Slackers.

From NHL:

National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman today ruled that the suspension toNew York Rangers forward Daniel Carcillo will be revised to six (6) games for his actions in violation of Rule 40.4 in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final in New York on May 22.

Carcillo had originally been assessed a suspension under Rule 40.3 for deliberately applying physical force to an official. A violation of that particular Rule requires a minimum suspension of "not less than ten (10) games."

After considering Carcillo's appeal during a hearing at the NHL's New York office on Friday, May 30, the Commissioner ruled that Carcillo's actions were more appropriately deemed a violation of Rule 40.4 for deliberately applying "physical force to an official for the sole purpose of getting free of such official during or immediately following an altercation." The Commissioner determined that as appropriately re-classified under Rule 40.4, and under the totality of the circumstances, a suspension of six (6) games was the proper penalty.

It took this long to come to that decision?

"Uncle Gary, it's Mr. Sather on Line One."

It's about time that NBC has returned with prime time coverage of the NHL.

Slackers.

From NHL:

It took this long to come to that decision?

"Uncle Gary, it's Mr. Sather on Line One."

I'm sure he wanted to wait and see if the Rangers would win the series. If they lost, you know the suspension wasn't getting reduced because it'd be regular season games.

But Gary found a loophole and reclassified what Carcillo did under a different violation so he'd be able to play in the Cup Finals.

I'm sure he wanted to wait and see if the Rangers would win the series. If they lost, you know the suspension wasn't getting reduced because it'd be regular season games.

But Gary found a loophole and reclassified what Carcillo did under a different violation so he'd be able to play in the Cup Finals.

I assume you're suggesting he did this all in an effort to make NY lose, considering they're a better team without Carcillo out there being a liability.

Damn you Bettman, trying to stack the Rangers with garbage players by exploiting loopholes!

I assume you're suggesting he did this all in an effort to make NY lose, considering they're a better team without Carcillo out there being a liability.

I wouldn't say Carcillo has been a liability. He's scored 2 goals (including one in OT against Philly) in 8 playoff games this postseason. Not saying he's an offensive threat every time he's on the ice, but he's not a liability. I suspect he will be back in the lineup for the Rangers in the finals. Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I wouldn't say Carcillo has been a liability. He's scored 2 goals (including one in OT against Philly) in 8 playoff games this postseason. Not saying he's an offensive threat every time he's on the ice, but he's not a liability. I suspect he will be back in the lineup for the Rangers in the finals.

Which is nearly half his point total for the entire year. Even a blind dog gets a bone now and again. Putting Carcillo in your lineup is line putting Tootoo in your lineup. And I highly doubt anyone would insinuate that Gary Bettman was exploiting the rules in an unfair way if he did it to get Tootoo back in our lineup. I think the general response would be "meh...great...now can we hurry up and scratch him so that Glendening and come and play some defense or something?"

Damn you Bettman, trying to stack the Rangers with garbage players by exploiting loopholes!

You assumed wrong. I wasn't insinuating it had any conspiracy implications.

It's the difference between keeping a player out of a few more regular season games to "send a message" versus keeping him out of Cup games. As soon as playoff games become a factor, suspensions get shorter.

Carcillo is a moron and he gave a ref a forearm shiver. He should sit 10 games, no matter which ten they are. Play like an idiot, sit out of the chance of a lifetime for being an idiot. Bettman caved.

Which is nearly half his point total for the entire year. Even a blind dog gets a bone now and again. Putting Carcillo in your lineup is line putting Tootoo in your lineup. And I highly doubt anyone would insinuate that Gary Bettman was exploiting the rules in an unfair way if he did it to get Tootoo back in our lineup. I think the general response would be "meh...great...now can we hurry up and scratch him so that Glendening and come and play some defense or something?"

Which is why you probably should have figured out I was in no way insinuating something that stupid.

I know, which is why I said he's not a constant offensive threat. He's just not a liability.

Carcillo should be sitting the full 10, regardless.

I think the refs should be given full face masks a choice of a mace or brass knuckles, and gloves and make the refs an active participant in fighting.

If he wins, you're suspended the ten games.

If you win, he can't call a penalty on you the rest of the game.

Regular season would be relatively normal, playoffs come around and all hell breaks loose.