Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2014 SCF : (2) The Big Apple vs. (3) Hollywood

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

Poll: Who takes home Lord Stanley?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What will the outcome of the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'm sure he wanted to wait and see if the Rangers would win the series.  If they lost, you know the suspension wasn't getting reduced because it'd be regular season games. 

But Gary found a loophole and reclassified what Carcillo did under a different violation so he'd be able to play in the Cup Finals. 

I assume you're suggesting he did this all in an effort to make NY lose, considering they're a better team without Carcillo out there being a liability. 

Damn you Bettman, trying to stack the Rangers with garbage players by exploiting loopholes!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

I assume you're suggesting he did this all in an effort to make NY lose, considering they're a better team without Carcillo out there being a liability. 

I wouldn't say Carcillo has been a liability. He's scored 2 goals (including one in OT against Philly) in 8 playoff games this postseason. Not saying he's an offensive threat every time he's on the ice, but he's not a liability. I suspect he will be back in the lineup for the Rangers in the finals.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 03 June 2014 - 10:54 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I wouldn't say Carcillo has been a liability. He's scored 2 goals (including one in OT against Philly) in 8 playoff games this postseason. Not saying he's an offensive threat every time he's on the ice, but he's not a liability. I suspect he will be back in the lineup for the Rangers in the finals.

Which is nearly half his point total for the entire year.  Even a blind dog gets a bone now and again.  Putting Carcillo in your lineup is line putting Tootoo in your lineup.  And I highly doubt anyone would insinuate that Gary Bettman was exploiting the rules in an unfair way if he did it to get Tootoo back in our lineup.  I think the general response would be "meh...great...now can we hurry up and scratch him so that Glendening and come and play some defense or something?"

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,823 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

There is now a poll in the OP, who will win? Cast your vote now! 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

Damn you Bettman, trying to stack the Rangers with garbage players by exploiting loopholes!

You assumed wrong. I wasn't insinuating it had any conspiracy implications. 

It's the difference between keeping a player out of a few more regular season games to "send a message" versus keeping him out of Cup games.  As soon as playoff games become a factor, suspensions get shorter.

Carcillo is a moron and he gave a ref a forearm shiver.  He should sit 10 games, no matter which ten they are.  Play like an idiot, sit out of the chance of a lifetime for being an idiot.  Bettman caved.

#46 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

Which is nearly half his point total for the entire year.  Even a blind dog gets a bone now and again.  Putting Carcillo in your lineup is line putting Tootoo in your lineup.  And I highly doubt anyone would insinuate that Gary Bettman was exploiting the rules in an unfair way if he did it to get Tootoo back in our lineup.  I think the general response would be "meh...great...now can we hurry up and scratch him so that Glendening and come and play some defense or something?"

Which is why you probably should have figured out I was in no way insinuating something that stupid.

#47 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

I know, which is why I said he's not a constant offensive threat. He's just not a liability.

Carcillo should be sitting the full 10, regardless.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#48 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

I think the refs should be given full face masks a choice of a mace or brass knuckles, and gloves and make the refs an active participant in fighting.

If he wins, you're suspended the ten games.
If you win, he can't call a penalty on you the rest of the game.

Regular season would be relatively normal, playoffs come around and all hell breaks loose.

#49 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,823 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

go-kings-go-o.gif

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#50 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

What? NHL hockey on NBC on a weeknight? 

How is this possible???

#51 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

GO RANGERS GO!

#52 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

I am genuinely excited for this series. It will be nice to watch the final without having to root so intensely against one team like previous years. I thought one or both of Boston and Chicago would be playing in this. 

I want the Rangers to win, but I won't be upset if the Kings do either. I really like Lundqvist and McDonagh especially though. After the WCF, I was pretty convinced that the winner of that series would ultimately be the champion for sure, but I could see the Rangers pulling it off. The Kings have played three consecutive seven game series already and might have somewhat of a letdown coming off Chicago, plus Lundqvist is easily the superior goalie with the way Quick has been playing. 

That being said, I find it tough to pick against LA as they always find a way to get it done. So, Kings in seven (of course) and Kopitar wins the Conn Smythe. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 04 June 2014 - 05:29 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#53 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I love both these teams. It sucks/is awesome. I'd love Rangers in seven.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#54 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

I'll be pulling for the team that's losing. Gotta lean towards LA a little for knocking Chicago out.

LET'S GO SOME TEAM!!!

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#55 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Gotta lean towards LA a little for knocking Chicago out.

But if they win the Cup, that's two in three years, and then there's two teams in the West that could become modern dynasties. :-(

Don't Toews me, bro!

#56 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Which is why you probably should have figured out I was in no way insinuating something that stupid.

Well you've already suggested that Gary Bettman arbitrarily manipulated a loophole in the rules so that Dan Carcillo could play in the finals.  My question is, "to what end"?  Because it would help NY?  Because it would help LA?  Because the fan just love the guy?  As a personal favor to Carcillo?

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Viewing party in Bryant Park?! How cool is that!

Ugh, Kenny Albert.

Edited by Dabura, 04 June 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

CBC's coverage started at 19:30.

NBC: FUMBLE!

Go CBC Go!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

But if they win the Cup, that's two in three years, and then there's two teams in the West that could become modern dynasties. :-(

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#60 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

aww no doc emrick tonight

kings win because west>east