• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ryan Suter is one of the premier two way defensemen in the league and his cap hit is 7.5 million a year, not 12.  You're just jooking stats to make a point.  He's getting paid exactly what he deserves and so will Niskanen. 

his cap his is 7.5 yes, his salary is 12, he has one of them there front loaded contracts. He is being overpayed, like so many complain Franzen is, and mention how his cap hit is too long and all that jazz. I am not here to debate Suter's contract though, I used it as reference, and you ignored all the other players I mentioned anyways. Niskanen will be vastly overpayed, it is almost guaranteed. id put $100 on it he will be getting at least $6 million for at least 5 years

#22 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

his cap his is 7.5 yes, his salary is 12, he has one of them there front loaded contracts. He is being overpayed, like so many complain Franzen is, and mention how his cap hit is too long and all that jazz. I am not here to debate Suter's contract though, I used it as reference, and you ignored all the other players I mentioned anyways. Niskanen will be vastly overpayed, it is almost guaranteed. id put $100 on it he will be getting at least $6 million for at least 5 years

It's the cap era, nobody gives a s*** about his actual salary.  It's Mike Illitch's money, not ours.  Cap hit is all that matters, not salary and you know that.  Again, you're just using that figure to try and win an argument.  As for the rest...

David Clarkson got a 2.6  million dollar raise.

Clowe, 1.2 million dollar raise. 

Bickell, 3.5 (coming off entry level contract)

Perry, 3.3 (elite player and Hart trophy winner)

Parise, 1.5 million dollar raise

Letang, 3.7 million

Phaneuf, .5 million

These are the biggest overpayments you can think of off the top of you head and they're still not nearly as big as the 4.7 million dollar raise you're saying Niskanen will get.  If you're so sure he's going to get so hugely overpaid, or at least more overpaid than your list here, I just want to know why?  What's so much more extreme about this year than all those you mentioned here?  Remember, the Parise/Suter UFA class was weak too and they don't get a 300% markup on their contracts.

Edited by kipwinger, 02 June 2014 - 08:39 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#23 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

It's the cap era, nobody gives a s*** about his actual salary.  It's Mike Illitch's money, not ours.  Cap hit is all that matters, not salary and you know that.  Again, you're just using that figure to try and win an argument.  As for the rest...

Letang, 3.7 million
Phaneuf, .5 million

These are the biggest overpayments you can think of off the top of you head and they're still not nearly as big as the 4.7 million dollar raise you're saying Niskanen will get.  If you're so sure he's going to get so hugely overpaid, or at least more overpaid than your list here, I just want to know why?  What's so much more extreme about this year than all those you mentioned here?  Remember, the Parise/Suter UFA class was weak too and they don't get a 200% markup on their contracts.

Those were all overpayments and there isn't that much difference between the raise bickell got and what I am suggesting niskanen will get. You may be right, who knows, but I think I'm right. And that's about all we know for sure.

Letang, 3.7 million
Phaneuf, .5 million

These are the biggest overpayments you can think of off the top of you head and they're still not nearly as big as the 4.7 million dollar raise you're saying Niskanen will get.  If you're so sure he's going to get so hugely overpaid, or at least more overpaid than your list here, I just want to know why?  What's so much more extreme about this year than all those you mentioned here?  Remember, the Parise/Suter UFA class was weak too and they don't get a 200% markup on their contracts.

And parise got way way ore than he is worth

#24 haulinbass

haulinbass

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Euro_twins every post I have ever read of yours is just rediculous. The amount of money they make per year means nothing, why would you even try to angle something so stupid into your post? Niskanen will get paid more than he is worth but 6 or 7 million lets get serious... He is certainly a desirable D to add to your roster but nobody is going to pay him number one money. I expect around 4.5-5 million.

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Euro_twins every post I have ever read of yours is just rediculous. The amount of money they make per year means nothing, why would you even try to angle something so stupid into your post? Niskanen will get paid more than he is worth but 6 or 7 million lets get serious... He is certainly a desirable D to add to your roster but nobody is going to pay him number one money. I expect around 4.5-5 million.

Since you've been a member for less than a month, and it's the off season, and since I don't really care what you think of my opinions I'll let your snide remarks, and insults slide. I believe he will be offered a contract that is a ridiculous overpayment in the range of $6-7million. That is my opinion, and you have yours. Now I'm going back to my more important matters, thanks for your well thought out and not at all rude comments

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

this thread is turning into a 'what our team needs' thread...to stick to the original topic, if we are talking the best RH dman the Wings have had in the last 20 years, hands down, bar none, it was and is still Vladdy. To this day they have never been able to replace him or find a combination of two players to equal him.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,111 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

Chelios ('02, '08)

Dandenault ('97, '98, '02)

Konstantinov ('97)

UWE KRUPP

Murphy ('97, '98)

Olausson ('02)

Rafalski ('08)

Rouse ('97, '98)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,111 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

What's to stop Chris Chelios from making a comeback?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

What's to stop Chris Chelios from making a comeback?

Not so loud. He might here you

#30 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,950 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Wasn't Andy Delmore right handed?

:lol:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Wasn't Andy Delmore right handed?

:lol:

What's Mike Commodore up to these days?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

What's Mike Commodore up to these days?

There was actually just a new interview with Commie posted today.  Check the news feed.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#33 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Chelois can't come back...Babcock dislikes Americans...it's like he's Keri Russell or something.

#34 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

The Kings have the uncertainty of re signing Gaborik.  Willie Micthell and Regehr are aging players. I think moving Franzen and Kindl for Voynov makes perfect sense. It takes the pressure off LA from resigning Gaborik, after all Franzen is such an offensive threat, and Kindl theoretically can provide LA with a veteran defenseman to replace two aging veterans.

#35 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

The Kings have the uncertainty of re signing Gaborik.  Willie Micthell and Regehr are aging players. I think moving Franzen and Kindl for Voynov makes perfect sense. It takes the pressure off LA from resigning Gaborik, after all Franzen is such an offensive threat, and Kindl theoretically can provide LA with a veteran defenseman to replace two aging veterans.

Just ooooooozzzzzzzing with s.........