• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DSM

Am I the only one that winces when seeing another "Edler to Red Wi

Rate this topic

I just don't get the hype. To me the guy seems like a more productive and expensive version of Jakub Kindl. He's coming off a pretty bad season, where he may or may not have had issues adjusting to a new coach and was a league worst minus-39.

It'll likely take a few good assets to acquire him, and he's under contract for the next 5 years with a $5mil cap hit. I just don't think he'll make the team any better, and if he continues playing like he did this past season, he'll be an expensive plug to work around.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

*Oops, title was supposed to finish with ""Edler to Red Wings" rumors?". I must've hit some limit. I can't find how to fix it... :/

Edited by DSM

I personally think it would be an OK fit, if we didn't have to give up a whole lot. Edler is a top 4 defenceman, even if he had a bad year. However we'd have to give up way too much for him, and we'd be adding another LH defenceman at a high cap hit with a longish term. In the end, its not worth it

Well we can stop worrying since Linden said they are not going to trade him.

This. If it was feasible to trade for him before, it isn't now. They really think they can turn Edler's game around, so the trade package for him would most likely be more than most fans and management would be comfortable offering.

for some reason...i shy away from canuck players. the mantra there is...fuzzy.

especially kesler. does the joe have a diving board? look kinda funny hanging off the mezzanine.

no to all canucks.

yes...even bieksa.

for some reason...i shy away from canuck players. the mantra there is...fuzzy.

especially kesler. does the joe have a diving board? look kinda funny hanging off the mezzanine.

no to all canucks.

yes...even bieksa.

You'd say no to Kesler? Even at the right price?

Edited by wings4thecup06

You'd say no to Kesler? Even at the right price?

I'd say no to Kesler purely bc of what is required to get him. Also, I met him at a tiger game and he was skinny as a rail. And that was during his prime seasons.