17 replies to this topic

#1 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

Who is better.....

in regards to the TSN Play of the Year?  The finals have started today with both Wings players as the final 2.
http://poy.tsn.ca

Tatar's Goal

Nyquist's Goal

For those wondering last year's player (that's right, not plural) in the finals was Datsyuk.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425997

Edited by drumnj, 06 June 2014 - 11:31 AM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#2 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Why have other teams involved in these competitions. Everyone knows we have the best fans in the NHL.

#3 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Looks like the Slovakian's really want Tatar to win.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

The TSN video on the final is hilarious.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#5 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Awesome!!!

#6 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

I like tatars better but wings fans everywhere need to get together to make it an even 50/50 split :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#7 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Tomas Tatar @Trto90 2h

Don't forget vote for TSNKlondikePOY. It's red wings final and it did start today. What do you think @GNyquist http://poy.tsn.ca/1-nhl2014/match/31-tatar-vs-nyquist 

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#8 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

nah its Tatar for me on this one. Don't get me wrong, Nyquist's was incredible too, I just liked Tatar's more. 

temp 1

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

I like how noodles was like I've been getting a lot of heat for not picking any wings players to win, so here I am voting for Tatar... He does realize we aren't retarded and know he is only doing it cause they are both wings players and he has no choice right? lol. he acts he had a choice lmao

#10 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

I like Tatar's goal. However Nyquist's goal was more important for the Wings. Earned 2 points to put them in playoffs. 50/50.

#11 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Tatar - 1 vote

Goose - 1 vote

Tatar - 1 vote

Goose - 1 vote

:scared:

#12 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

I just saw that on TSN and am quite impressed that Detroit players keep on being final candidates ... we're really lucky to have such skilled players.  

Tatar - 1 vote

Nyquist - 1 vote

Geeks, time to turn on the bots for the Goose, he's way behind.  

Edited by RedWingsRox, 09 June 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#13 WeBleedRed

WeBleedRed

Booya

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

That's the joke... :|

I like how noodles was like I've been getting a lot of heat for not picking any wings players to win, so here I am voting for Tatar... He does realize we aren't retarded and know he is only doing it cause they are both wings players and he has no choice right? lol. he acts he had a choice lmao

#14 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Lest we forget Jamie McLennan's final moments as an NHL player...

Might explain why he never voted for a Red Wing until he had no choice...

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#15 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Lest we forget Jamie McLennan's final moments as an NHL player...

From his wiki page:

On April 21, 2007, in a playoff game against the Detroit Red Wings, McLennan came in the game to relieve Kiprusoff, who had given up five goals. He was in the game for a total of 18 seconds before he slashed Red Wings forward Johan Franzén twice in the leg. He was due to be assessed a minor penalty, but shortly after play was stopped, he violently slashed Franzén in the stomach and was ejected from the game.[2] McLennan was suspended five games for the incident and the Flames lost Game 6 the next day. Coach Jim Playfair and the Flames organization were also heavily fined, in part because the NHL made actions late in games that were out of hand a particular point of emphasis. The incident was thought to be out of character for McLennan by stunned broadcasters Pierre McGuire and Ed Olczyk. In his book, McLennan said that his initial slashes against Franzén were an effort to spark his team. He also admitted that he hit Franzén in the stomach because he thought he was skating towards him to throw a retaliatory punch. He wrote that he instantly regretted the decision and sent an apology to the Detroit dressing room after the game. 

:hysterical: 

No way in the world he thought Franzen was coming after him.  First, he was obviously skating to the side, not towards the net.

Second, the worst Johan would have done would be to ****** his mouthguard*.  That hardly rates swinging for the fences.

*Yes, I know that's not actually the case.  It's a joke!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#16 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Tats' goal was nicer from an aesthetic perspective - which is what the title is awarded for. Nyquist's was all heart but wasn't all that pretty in comparison. So my vote goes to Tats.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#17 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

I like both  goals a lot, Tats goal showed more end to end skills but Nyquist absolutely scored from an unbelievable ankle whoever wins deserves it.

Pasha just being Pasha "you are the best, I'm just a regular hockeyplayer" the man is just wow.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#18 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

And Tater wins it all. Atta boy.

http://poy.tsn.ca/1-nhl2014/winner

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand