Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

http://www.tennessea...-game/10090869/

#2 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

It would be kind of cool for the Preds to host for the first time. Always a great boost for the whole organization. Looking at the old stats, it looks like the Wings haven't hosted an All-Star weekend since 1980. I imagine we are due since it's been 34 years since our last opportunity.

#3 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

It would be kind of cool for the Preds to host for the first time. Always a great boost for the whole organization. Looking at the old stats, it looks like the Wings haven't hosted an All-Star weekend since 1980. I imagine we are due since it's been 34 years since our last opportunity.

i wasn't even  born yet in 1980

btw:i was born in 1986

#4 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

Detroit will be on the short list for a future All Star Game, and a Draft, once the new arena is constructed.

I'd imagine the Preds will get their shot sooner rather than later.  Would be a good chance to expand their fanbase too.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#5 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

We still have All Star games?!  :g:

1.  Nashville and Detroit should have hosted for some time now.

2.  My God I wish we still had Wales/Campbell format with those wicked good jerseys.

and for 3.  If we can't have that give us one roster of All Stars and have them play a pro team from Sweden, Russia, or Germany.  Or an all-star team from their leagues.