Trading up?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 trule23

trule23

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

What would you guys think of making a deal with florida for their first pick in this years draft? we cld ship this years and next years first rounder plus a second rounder and Franzen shld get it done. Then we cld pick Ekblad who already has the size for the nhl and could play next season plus we get the right hander we need.

#2 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

florida wld not do that

#3 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

According to media reports and rumor sites, Tallon has said that Florida has received exactly ONE worthwhile offer for the 1st round pick.  I'm certain it wasn't from Kenny Holland.

Florida sh(ou)ld keep it and w(ou)ld benefit themselves greatly by taking Ekblad.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#4 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

but we cld trade down

#5 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

Depending on who's available and if it comes with making a trade... I think we sh(ou)ld.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

I don't understand the purpose of making fun of someone's shorthand with words.  We all knew they meant "could" and "should".

#7 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Never going to happen.........never going to happen.

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

I've said it a couple times before and I'll say it again: I'm 100% down with (the idea of) trading for the pick and taking Ekblad. I'd be willing to consider moving any of the players in our system to get this done.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Get Ekblad, sign Stralman. That would be divine. I feel like Tallon would probably want Ericsson (plus whatever else), but I wonder if Smith+Kindl (plus whatever else) would do it. Can you imagine? (Rhetorical question!)

Kronwall  Ekblad

DeKeyser  Stralman

Ericsson  Ouellet

Lashoff

Don't Toews me, bro!

#10 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

I've said it a couple times before and I'll say it again: I'm 100% down with (the idea of) trading for the pick and taking Ekblad. I'd be willing to consider moving any of the players in our system to get this done.

I must agree with you on this one. Ekblad would be worth the risk. I'd be willing to trade Dekeyser and two first rounders. Losing Dekeyser would suck but the first overall is not going to be cheap.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#11 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Zetterberg for Ekblad?

If so, you cray cray.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#12 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

wld, cld... it's all hypothtcl  :P

srsly tho.. doesn't seem like Kenny's style. I don't see it happening.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#13 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Zetterberg for Ekblad?

If so, you cray cray.

Some people let their fandom bias get in the way of actually thinking.

I for one would rather trade our first and a few players to get someone good. I'd still like to win soon not five or seven years from now....but that's where holland is half assing it and needs to make up his mind.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Franzen would enjoy playing in Florida.  Hopefully, their scouts haven't seen a Wings game since 2010.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Franzen would enjoy playing in Florida.  Hopefully, their scouts haven't seen a Wings game since 2010.  

Franzen for kopecky!!!!

#16 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Ekblad would be an amazing pick-up, but we'd have to ship over a good chunk of our prospect depth, and a body on the roster to get that pick.

On a similar note, it's weird how Florida just butchers player development. A few years ago, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Robak and Petrovic were shaping up to be a pretty darn good defense core for the Panthers... they've all appeared to fall short of expectation.

#17 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

On a similar note, it's weird how Florida just butchers player development. A few years ago, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Robak and Petrovic were shaping up to be a pretty darn good defense core for the Panthers... they've all appeared to fall short of expectation.

Most likely because with the Panthers, prospects are thrust into starting roles before they understand the game and make mistakes, lose confidence and eventually fade out. One of the reasons we are so successful is because our prospects are prepared and confident when they finally get starting roles.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 12 June 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#18 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Zetterberg for Ekblad?

If so, you cray cray.

I'd do it, and I dont think it would be very crazy. Zetterberg is nearing the end of his career and Ekblad is a possible franchise defenseman.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#19 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'd do it, and I dont think it would be very crazy. Zetterberg is nearing the end of his career and Ekblad is a possible franchise defenseman.

"Possible" franchise player for our Captain? There have been plenty of 1st overall picks that didn't turn out to be what we thought they would. I'll keep Z thank you.

#20 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Some people let their fandom bias get in the way of actually thinking.

I for one would rather trade our first and a few players to get someone good. I'd still like to win soon not five or seven years from now....but that's where holland is half assing it and needs to make up his mind.

Holland has made up his mind...he just made a decision you don't like. He's not going all in to win right now, he's banking on the prospects keeping us contenders long term.

Whether he's right or not only time will tell.

Personally I think this is the worst draft in years to trade up in..I'd rather trade down or trade away the 1st round pick. Buffalo has 3, 2nd round picks I'd rather get them if we're looking to deal.

It would be utter insanity.

Ekblad may not even be the first defenceman taken in this draft, or the one with the most successful career. If he's lucky he'll become a top pairing defenceman, but he's far from a Franchise player.