• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
trule23

Trading up?

Rate this topic

What would you guys think of making a deal with florida for their first pick in this years draft? we cld ship this years and next years first rounder plus a second rounder and Franzen shld get it done. Then we cld pick Ekblad who already has the size for the nhl and could play next season plus we get the right hander we need.

According to media reports and rumor sites, Tallon has said that Florida has received exactly ONE worthwhile offer for the 1st round pick. I'm certain it wasn't from Kenny Holland.

Florida sh(ou)ld keep it and w(ou)ld benefit themselves greatly by taking Ekblad.

Get Ekblad, sign Stralman. That would be divine. I feel like Tallon would probably want Ericsson (plus whatever else), but I wonder if Smith+Kindl (plus whatever else) would do it. Can you imagine? (Rhetorical question!)

Kronwall Ekblad

DeKeyser Stralman

Ericsson Ouellet

Lashoff

I've said it a couple times before and I'll say it again: I'm 100% down with (the idea of) trading for the pick and taking Ekblad. I'd be willing to consider moving any of the players in our system to get this done.

I must agree with you on this one. Ekblad would be worth the risk. I'd be willing to trade Dekeyser and two first rounders. Losing Dekeyser would suck but the first overall is not going to be cheap.

I've said it a couple times before and I'll say it again: I'm 100% down with (the idea of) trading for the pick and taking Ekblad. I'd be willing to consider moving any of the players in our system to get this done.

Zetterberg for Ekblad?

If so, you cray cray.

Guest DeGraa55

Zetterberg for Ekblad?

If so, you cray cray.

Some people let their fandom bias get in the way of actually thinking.

I for one would rather trade our first and a few players to get someone good. I'd still like to win soon not five or seven years from now....but that's where holland is half assing it and needs to make up his mind.

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen would enjoy playing in Florida. Hopefully, their scouts haven't seen a Wings game since 2010.

Franzen for kopecky!!!!

Ekblad would be an amazing pick-up, but we'd have to ship over a good chunk of our prospect depth, and a body on the roster to get that pick.

On a similar note, it's weird how Florida just butchers player development. A few years ago, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Robak and Petrovic were shaping up to be a pretty darn good defense core for the Panthers... they've all appeared to fall short of expectation.

On a similar note, it's weird how Florida just butchers player development. A few years ago, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Robak and Petrovic were shaping up to be a pretty darn good defense core for the Panthers... they've all appeared to fall short of expectation.

Most likely because with the Panthers, prospects are thrust into starting roles before they understand the game and make mistakes, lose confidence and eventually fade out. One of the reasons we are so successful is because our prospects are prepared and confident when they finally get starting roles. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I'd do it, and I dont think it would be very crazy. Zetterberg is nearing the end of his career and Ekblad is a possible franchise defenseman.

"Possible" franchise player for our Captain? There have been plenty of 1st overall picks that didn't turn out to be what we thought they would. I'll keep Z thank you.

Some people let their fandom bias get in the way of actually thinking.

I for one would rather trade our first and a few players to get someone good. I'd still like to win soon not five or seven years from now....but that's where holland is half assing it and needs to make up his mind.

Holland has made up his mind...he just made a decision you don't like. He's not going all in to win right now, he's banking on the prospects keeping us contenders long term.

Whether he's right or not only time will tell.

Personally I think this is the worst draft in years to trade up in..I'd rather trade down or trade away the 1st round pick. Buffalo has 3, 2nd round picks I'd rather get them if we're looking to deal.

I'd do it, and I dont think it would be very crazy. Zetterberg is nearing the end of his career and Ekblad is a possible franchise defenseman.

It would be utter insanity.

Ekblad may not even be the first defenceman taken in this draft, or the one with the most successful career. If he's lucky he'll become a top pairing defenceman, but he's far from a Franchise player.

"Possible" franchise player for our Captain? There have been plenty of 1st overall picks that didn't turn out to be what we thought they would. I'll keep Z thank you.

Well good luck trading for a sure fire franchise player.

It would be utter insanity.

Ekblad may not even be the first defenceman taken in this draft, or the one with the most successful career. If he's lucky he'll become a top pairing defenceman, but he's far from a Franchise player.

Did you know that Ekblad is the first defenseman to be granted exceptional status and compete in the CHL a year before eligable age. Tavares was given the same status in 2005. Zetterberg has a few more season's in him at most, if his back will not force him into early retirement, that is.

Did you know that Ekblad is the first defenseman to be granted exceptional status and compete in the CHL a year before eligable age. Tavares was given the same status in 2005. Zetterberg has a few more season's in him at most, if his back will not force him into early retirement, that is.

Ekblad is an awesome prospect but he also plays the toughest position to transition to the pro game in.

There are all kinds of highly touted defenceman who have fizzled out without reaching their potential, and its a position we are deepest in prospect wise.

If we had the 1st overall pick I wouldn't hesitate to take him but that's entirely different than trading away our best player for the right to pick him. We'd be making a far bigger hole than we're fixing.

If you trade to five you should have one of Bennett, Reinhart, Nylander or Draisaitl. Any one of those four would immediately become the club's top C prospect.. Offer this year's first and third and next year's 2nd.