• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Spezza Requests Trade

Rate this topic

I like Spezza quite a bit, but I don't see a fit at all for the Wings. They have plenty of depth up the middle. The need is a top-six winger ideally with some size that can score goals.

Besides, I'm not willing to part with the assets it will take to acquire Spezza. The Ducks, Blues or Predators seem to be mentioned the most in regards to trading for Spezza.

I can as well. It's actually a fair trade straight up and it solves both their problems. That being said I hope it doesn't happen because I would love either player.

You can still love them, I mean, it's ok to love. :-)

I like Spezza quite a bit, but I don't see a fit at all for the Wings. They have plenty of depth up the middle. The need is a top-six winger ideally with some size that can score goals.

Besides, I'm not willing to part with the assets it will take to acquire Spezza. The Ducks, Blues or Predators seem to be mentioned the most in regards to trading for Spezza.

Agreed. He's a phenomenal player and would be great on this team, but he doesn't fit our needs.

Surely we can acquire a winger for less than the asking price of Spezza.

No way Ottawa trades with us after we join their division and steal their captain

You mean we can't just send them some odd parts for the other guy who's been the other face of the franchise for a decade? How about Weiss for Spezza? :D

Good two way player

Not really. But I'd love to have him, at the right price.

The interesting wrinkle here is Murray's probably gonna have to sell low, or at least much lower than he'd like for his best forward (arguably their best player, period). Not that that wouldn't have been the case anyway, but asking for a trade, when this guy's your captain? He's gotta be moved. The other interesting thing is the Sens don't have a lot of Realgud players. Seriously. Look at their roster and their pipeline. We're waist-deep in quality assets, any one of which they'd probably love to have.

For better or worse, I doubt the idea of Spezza to Detroit (reunion with Alfie?) is at all appealing to Murray or Melnyk. But you can be sure Kenny will pursue this. It'd be a very Ken Holland pickup.

Guest DeGraa55

Spezza is a good player, but not what this team needs, I think they already have the skills available that Spezza would bring (at least in the near term)

I disagree he has decent size IIRC. And is a short term answer at 2c until we see if Weiss will be and a long term answer at 1c once dat retires. He is a perfect guy to have for the next 4-8 years depending how long he maintains his level of play.

Yup just looked 6 3 220. AND for those who don't know....IS A RIGHTY

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest DeGraa55

No way Ottawa trades with us after we join their division and steal their captain

And we didn't steal anything. Ottawa let him go cause they decided they couldn't pay him and he chose to come here(why? No idea...not like we were going to compete for a cup lol).

And we didn't steal anything. Ottawa let him go cause they decided they couldn't pay him and he chose to come here(why? No idea...not like we were going to compete for a cup lol).

Doesn't change the fact that there is probably 0.5% chance that Ottawa deals with Holland.

Sorry to ruin everyone's capgeek armchair GM fun times.

The whole reason Ottawa is looking to get rid of him is because MacLean shares Babcock's philosophy that any team can be successful as long as they have good 2 way centers throughout the line-up.

Spezza is great offensively, but terrible in his own end. They feel that they'd be better off even with a less gifted offensive center providing he comes with a little defence.

Not really a good fit for Detroit,

Guest DeGraa55

The whole reason Ottawa is looking to get rid of him is because MacLean shares Babcock's philosophy that any team can be successful as long as they have good 2 way centers throughout the line-up.

Spezza is great offensively, but terrible in his own end. They feel that they'd be better off even with a less gifted offensive center providing he comes with a little defence.

Not really a good fit for Detroit,

That's all fine and dandy but we have more than enough two way players. Spezza is EXACTLY WHAT this offense needs.

I disagree he has decent size IIRC. And is a short term answer at 2c until we see if Weiss will be and a long term answer at 1c once dat retires. He is a perfect guy to have for the next 4-8 years depending how long he maintains his level of play.

He might be 6'3, and 220... but he's also S-A-W-F-T, saaaawft.

As far as his actual destination, I think a Spezza for Kesler swap makes a ton of sense, but I'm sure they'd want to tweak it beyond a straight up deal.

That's all fine and dandy but we have more than enough two way players. Spezza is EXACTLY WHAT this offense needs.

You can never have too many two way players.

Spezza would make our second line better offensively, but lets not forget there were only 4 forwards in the league with worse +/- numbers.

He's not the cure to any of the Wings problems.

What good is decent size if you don't use it? He has a reach advantage...that's about it...

I like Spezza...but to be drooling over his size like he's some kind of power forward is just silly.

so BM is throwing the next guy under the bus by going publically with his demands ? Way to screw over your pricetag now everyone knows Spezza wants out. Great player and sadly another one getting run out of town because the Canadian media is out of control.

Murray's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If it goes public, "He's throwing Spezza under the bus. The little s***." If it doesn't go public, "He forced Spezza out, all secret-like. The little s***." All I "know" is, from all the things I've seen and heard and read about the state of the Sens organ-I-zation, it's a screwed up enterprise. And it has very little to do with Bryan Murray (who I rank as a really good GM) and a whole lot to do with the owner, Eugene Melnyk, who's insane and/or evil.

I don't know if Spezza has a NTC or NMC or whatever, but I'm guessing Murray's probably not in a position to be super-choosy about the ultimate destination, i.e. I think Detroit is, in theory, a possibility, given our wealth of good young assets and futures. (Plus, the similarities in our systems and emphasis on skill and possession.) Remember, they're a budget team, not a cap team; they want cost control. I mean, sure, ideally they'd probably do a "hockey trade" (value for value), but, failing that, they'll look to bring in a couple solid young players and a good pick. Again, I think that puts us in the conversation. If nothing else, this screams Ken Holland. Screams.