Spezza Requests Trade

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#41 twopups

twopups

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Helm for Spezza....or Franzine for Spezza...

Francine straight up for  Spezza I would do in an  instant. Toss in  Kindl if needed.

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I don't want Spezza on this team, but this plus minus talk is silly.  You can't use his -26 this year against him and then fail to give him credit for his career +53.  He's got a better career plus minus than Mike Richards, who was a finalist for the Selke Trophy. 

Either it's a terrible stat and shouldn't be used at all, or it's a good enough stat which has to be used to validate a player just as much as it's used to denigrate them. 

Personally, I don't think Spezza's a great defensive player.  BUT, he's better than his -26 indicated this season, and he's probably worse than his career high +26 indicates as well. 

It's a limited stat. That's how I think of it. It can tell you something, but, generally, don't take it at face value. Case in point: Jason Spezza this season. The Sens sucked this season. (Apologies to the resident Sens fan.) They absolutely leaked goals. Neither of their goalies could stop a beach ball. And yet, Spezza was, I think (haven't formally checked), about a point-per-game player. So, on the second line of a defensively responsible team like the Wings? I tend to think he'd be a difference-maker, without having the baggage of a captaincy and being The Guy. If I'm Spezza, that's what I want.

What happened to the Ducks? I thought they were in on him? That'd be an interesting match.

Francine straight up for  Spezza I would do in an  instant. Toss in  Kindl if needed.

Take away the 15 goals Franzen's going to score against the Sens every season and they become a playoff team. :lol:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Getting a guy like Spezza would be a very good move depending on cost and if he agrees to an extension in advance. He would be our best offensive forward the day he arrives. His career points per game average is better than Datsyuk and Z. Not much, but it is better. He has good size: 6-3/220 and is a right handed shot. No he is not a banger. he does use his size to protect the puck. he is great in the puck possession game. 4 different years he has scored 30+ goals. Not he turns 31 tomorrow and has had back issues, which is a concern. But he would make us better.

All that being said, will we get him? No. Even though he is a Holland type of a player.

#44 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Holland has to be inquiring

#45 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

I'd rather overpay vanek than give up assets for spezza

#46 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

No chance Murray trades in division. Even if he did, the Leafs would overpay ridiculously for Spezza, Holland wouldn't. Knows better. (And I'm a guy who wants to see some movement, no thanks on Captain Awkward Laugh)

#NOMOREKINDL

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=CLTuggsNZPw

#48 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

No chance Murray trades in division. Even if he did, the Leafs would overpay ridiculously for Spezza, Holland wouldn't. Knows better. (And I'm a guy who wants to see some movement, no thanks on Captain Awkward Laugh)

Last pizza liner wanting out goof job Murray and fans. Spezza would be the perfect fit for the Blues there is no way he waives for Toronto. Canadian fans are often asking whzly free agents don't want to play there well noe they know why.

High pressure market, poor owner and some fans that think players should deal with this crap 24/7...

Best of luck to Spezza guy is ridiculously underrated

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

Last pizza liner wanting out goof job Murray and fans. Spezza would be the perfect fit for the Blues there is no way he waives for Toronto. Canadian fans are often asking whzly free agents don't want to play there well noe they know why.High pressure market, poor owner and some fans that think players should deal with this crap 24/7...Best of luck to Spezza guy is ridiculously underrated

Pizza liner, goof job? Sounds like I could fill that position :)

Edited by Euro_Twins, 13 June 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#50 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Are we talking about spezza or Kesler list of teams,i do know that spezza gave a list of 10 teams that he doesn't wanna be traded to

I was more interested in Kesler's list. I knew one existed but i don't know what teams are on it.

#51 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Helm for Spezza....or Franzine for Spezza...

Franzen for Spezza? 

You betcha!

On a more serious note...I'd be shocked if Holland makes a move this summer...If anything - maybe he tries to move Weiss for Spezza.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#52 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Franzen for Spezza? 

You betcha!

On a more serious note...I'd be shocked if Holland makes a move this summer...If anything - maybe he tries to move Weiss for Spezza.

Of the bigger name ufas available and the guys rumored to be on trade market spezza IMO sounds to me the most likely holland would target. Elder as far as I've seen hasn't been rumored to bein market but if so maybe he'd be number one.

#53 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

I was more interested in Kesler's list. I knew one existed but i don't know what teams are on it.

After doing a little googling,I have found four of the six teams that might be on his list:

Anaheim
Philly
Pittsburgh
New York rangers

#54 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

After doing a little googling,I have found four of the six teams that might be on his list:

Anaheim
Philly
Pittsburgh
New York rangers

Yeah I haven't been able to find anything substantial on it. Some links I read said he would only accept a trade to Pittsburgh or Chicago, others have mentioned a list of six but no offical names. I was wondering if I was looking in the wrong places. Anyway thanks for looking.

#55 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

At the trade deadline Detroit and Chicago were on the list as well, but may have been dropped since.  The gist then, as now, is that Kesler wants to play for a contender.  Not a team that misses the playoffs, like his current team...or Ottawa.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#56 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

BryanMurrayOttawaSenatorsGeneralManagerS

"That means I have to choose another Captain? Hmmmmm."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#57 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

BryanMurrayOttawaSenatorsGeneralManagerS

"That means I have to choose another Captain? Hmmmmm."

Ryan or karlsson....unless they wanna just get rid if then to I'll give up anyone they want considered a prospect including dekeyser nyquist Tatar and smith.

Ok I'll stop dreaming now back to work.

#58 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

That's all fine and dandy but we have more than enough two way players. Spezza is EXACTLY WHAT this offense needs.

A right handed PMD?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#59 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Haven't we learned by now + - isn't really a good stat. I mean look at his team. When you're on a bad team your stats will look worse simple as that.

+/- isn't a good stat when you're comparing players from different teams or when you're using a small sample size but over the course of a season you can easily see which players are on the ice for more goals for than against and vice versa.

Spezza had 66 pts this year and was a -26, nearly twice as bad as anyone playing on another line, and to make it worse according to advanced stat sites he didn't even play as tough of competition as Turris you finished +22. Spezza and his linemate Michalek were on the ice for more goals against than any other forwards in the entire NHL. In fact the Senators gave up almost twice as many goals with Spezza on the ice as they did when he was off it.

No matter how you spin it, Spezza's good offensive game doesn't make up for his horrific defensive lapses.

#60 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

+/- isn't a good stat when you're comparing players from different teams or when you're using a small sample size but over the course of a season you can easily see which players are on the ice for more goals for than against and vice versa.

Spezza had 66 pts this year and was a -26, nearly twice as bad as anyone playing on another line, and to make it worse according to advanced stat sites he didn't even play as tough of competition as Turris you finished +22. Spezza and his linemate Michalek were on the ice for more goals against than any other forwards in the entire NHL. In fact the Senators gave up almost twice as many goals with Spezza on the ice as they did when he was off it.

No matter how you spin it, Spezza's good offensive game doesn't make up for his horrific defensive lapses.

Karlsson is a giveaway machine as well. I saw a bunch of games this year where he turned the puckover in his own zone and it resulted in a goal against. It's not all on Spezza. He also has to deal with other teams top forwards / defenders.

Edited by darkmanx, 13 June 2014 - 12:39 PM.