• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

The original coaching staff of the Predators is no more.

Ben Vanderklok was named goaltending coach on Thursday, replacing Mitch Korn, who had been with the franchise since its inaugural season in 1998-99.

Korn will join the Washington Capitals under Barry Trotz, the original head coach of the Predators, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Vanderklok has been goaltending coach with Nashville's American Hockey League affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals, since 2009. He joins new coach Peter Laviolette's staff, which currently includes assistants Kevin McCarthy, Phil Housley and Lane Lambert.

Korn helped develop two-time Vezina Trophy runner-up Pekka Rinne, Tomas Vokoun and Chris Mason. He also brought along Carter Hutton, who was 20-11-4 in his first full NHL season and received a new two-year contract on June 2.

Korn is now reunited with Trotz, whose contract with the Predators was not renewed.

"Ben has worked closely with all the goaltenders in our organization and has been integral in their development and success while learning from one of the best in Mitch Korn," general manager David Poile said. "This is a natural fit to have Ben transition into the lead role, and his relationship with Pekka Rinne and Carter Hutton will make this process seamless."

http://www.tennessea...coach/10392331/

#2 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

Preds always gave fits for their defense and goaltending.  Even in their off years they were never easy.

It is still something to see how long Trotz and Co were with that team.  It is one of the big reasons the Preds have found success in a non-traditional market...stability and identity.  Now they need to push it higher and further in the playoffs.

And is it just me or would anyone else here if they had the last name Korn sign papers but write it in the fashion of the band?

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

If you're not interested in the thread, simply don't post in it. 

#4 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Preds always gave fits for their defense and goaltending.  Even in their off years they were never easy.

It is still something to see how long Trotz and Co were with that team.  It is one of the big reasons the Preds have found success in a non-traditional market...stability and identity.  Now they need to push it higher and further in the playoffs.

And is it just me or would anyone else here if they had the last name Korn sign papers but write it in the fashion of the band?

Preds losing mitch korn is gonna hurt them,but the guy that they got to replace him has been working under korn,so hopefully he has learned a lot from korn

#5 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Preds losing mitch korn is gonna hurt them,but the guy that they got to replace him has been working under korn,so hopefully he has learned a lot from korn

Ya that'll be interesting if rinne can regain his old form after that disease he had. Cause they could be one of the best teams in terms if goals against.

#6 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Ya that'll be interesting if rinne can regain his old form after that disease he had. Cause they could be one of the best teams in terms if goals against.

According to new predators head coach peter laviolette,Rinne looked great at the world championship.was named tournament mvp for finland

#7 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Rinne's probably my favorite goalie. I hope he can bounce back!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

I think Mitch Korn can do alot of good for Holtby in Washington. Kolzig almost ruined the kid last year, and Korns rap sheet with Preds goalies is impressive. Never forget: Under him, Dan Ellis was a starter in Nashville.

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Wow hard to like that move for the Predators, guy did wonders for Rinne - one of my favorite goalies in the NHL - I hope his replacement will be as good for you guys.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !