• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

:blink: Really? Ok, Leino, Brunner, Brunnstrom...does that answer your question?

Leino - traded for some picks. Brunner - helped us immensely in the playoffs that year, and one of our better goalscorers that season. Brunnstrom - played like 6 games.

Which one of these signings hurt the team again?

I would take Brunner back in a second. I loved the kid
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#82 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Leblanc butted heads with his AHL coaches and couldn't ever even crack the AHLs top6. He had his chances. Hopefully for his sake the Ducks give him a 4th chance.

That's why I wrote he needs to improve his physical condition (esp. wght), and work on his game tough task with only ~ 3 months to go till camp.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#83 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

Guess we will see what the kid has as he can prove his worth in camp, until then, well... You all know
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#84 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

That's why I wrote he needs to improve his physical condition (esp. wght), and work on his game tough task with only ~ 3 months to go till camp.

Even with his skill he hasn't put up decent numbers since 2011. At least Jarnkrok could play the minors, this kids a bust.

#85 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

I don't get why people were calling Brunner a bust. Signs on a contract that's cheap as s*** and produces very, very respectable numbers without any kind of NHL/AHL development beforehand. He doesn't sign with us after because he wanted more money and it didn't work out for him, but the bottom line is we got him for a year on an ELC and he helped our team immensely. Not a waste at all.

People aren't calling him that. One person is.

Posted Image

#86 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

I have no problem with signing as many of these no risk entry level deals as they can

#87 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

I have no problem with signing as many of these no risk entry level deals as they can

I think this shows how ahead of the game we still are. In the 90s it was grabbing Russians and other euros that no one else thought to pursue. Now it's the guys that didn't get drafted cause they were injured or bloomed late. As long as we produce Brunners and DDs we will be prime destination for these types, at least until the name of the game changes again. Glad Holland and co are still ahead of the curve in this regard....

#88 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=xaSelZdKess

Nice little video on the Czech's at the development camp.

#89 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Jiri seems so excited about this kid and brings up really his only question mark: health.  He has/had the skills to be drafted, but not healthy.  If they can keep him on the ice, I think he'll be one of those guys whom surprises everyone.