• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Slow News Day Thread

Rate this topic

Maybe I'm going too far here (I'M OUT OF CONTROL, MAN), but I thought it might be nice to have a thread of random hockey-related news item stuff. The idea being, like, I come across this a few minutes ago...

https://twitter.com/BarDown/status/477884296900800512/photo/1

...and I kinda wanted to make a thread about it, in which I'd say, "Yeah, slow news day." But it'd be a stupid thread that'd get, like, one reply.

I dunno. Can we give it a try? We're bound to have some really slow news days this summer, even with the draft and free agency and prospect stuff and whatnot. Cool?

Saw that the Wings brass (including draper) interviewed Brendan, son of Claude, Lemieux at the combine. I hope I don't have to start liking the Lemieux's.

It was probably just to hell him not to piss off the wings or he would get his ass beat just like his daddy and the whole team did.

It was probably just to hell him not to piss off the wings or he would get his ass beat just like his daddy and the whole team did.

Apparently it was a serious interview, and Brendan said the Wings were very professional about everything and wouldn't mind playing for us.

Saw that the Wings brass (including draper) interviewed Brendan, son of Claude, Lemieux at the combine. I hope I don't have to start liking the Lemieux's.

It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!

"Some people pull the cello and some people play the cello" - Pavel Datsyuk

That's a stand-up bass. I know this because I play the cello. ;)

Yup. (I was making a Weezer reference, ftr.)

I've actually been needing a celloist for a few of my own recordings. I'll keep you in mind and nothing will ever come of it because I have a bad back and I'm lazy.

In other news...

NHL's West is best again in Stanley Cup Finals [Larry Lage, Associated Press]

"Both of those teams have built programs with a lot of depth after being terrible for a long time," Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said in a phone interview. "They made good picks and made the right moves."

Mike Babcock, folks. He'll be here all week, hopefully longer.

OMG I knew it, thats why he couldn't stay with any of those chics he bragged about banging, cuz he tried to bring another guy in on it and they weren't down with him giving the other guy all the attention. Sucks bad for elisha cuthbert. Jeez

Hilarious Babcock would call them terrible like that. I don't see that coming from him. I look at Chicago and Pittsburgh more at being terrible then getting some high picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Honestly, another Larionov and McCarty would make me squeal... At least more than another Bertuzzi did

Agreed. I wouldn't even care if they sucked*, just seeing those names on the back of a Wings jersey again would make me cry, laugh, get a LadyBoner and find religion.

*I would totally care if they sucked.

@JasonGregor: MacT admits they went after Dekeyser last summer. Met him for dinner and had great meeting, but his licence plate had Red Wings on it.

@JasonGregor: "That was not a good sign for us," laughed MacTavish about DeKeyser's licence plate. #Oilers

:lol: