• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Jiri Sekac

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if I should post this here, or in the rumours section so Mods feel free to toss it where ever you like.

I was looking into highly sought after UFA forward Jiri Sekac to learn more about him and when I googled him I found this : http://redwings.nhl.com/club/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=10614

which is a profile for him on the Red Wings offical site.

Does this mean that they are going to sign him?

What do you guys think?

Yep, Holland's M.O.

How many times is he going to go to this well? I wouldn't mind these undrafted, unproven European "projects" if they were for GR only to learn the NA game and EARN a spot in the NHL. If Holland wants to sign Nosek and Sekac or Ballsek for all I care for GR then fine, but these guys expect NHL spots...we already have a log jam up front and NEED legit top line scoring....not projects.

Holland's M.O. is also to let players over-ripen and earn their spot on the team at training camp.

Who said he's jumping directly into the NHL?

All these guys are going to have to make the team through camp, you know that!!

So, don't get your knickers in a bunch ...and what harm is there in restocking our forward prospects?

I mean you were all crying about Jarnkrok being traded, here's KH restocking the cupboards.

Sekac is listed at 6'2" 174lbs.

For reference:

Calle Jarnkrok - 22 y/o

Height: 6' 0" (1.83 m)

Weight: 188 lbs (85 kg)
So this guy, Sekac, needs to put on a few pounds. Big whoop. What Euro coming over the league doesn't need to?
He's also two inches taller than Jarnkrok. So... ultimately bigger?

Y'all are still mad only because you can't get the coolest name in hockey on a Wings jersey, right?

Edited by e_prime

I was NOT crying about Jarnkrok being traded....not once. Brunner, for example, was guaranteed a NHL spot in order to sign here...I am saying, if these are indeed signings to restock GR at forward and allow them to develop the NA game and earn a spot, I am all for it! But please, for the love of God, NO MORE "projects" with guaranteed Detroit spots.....

About Jarnkrok -- I wasn't calling you out specifically, Lefty.

HOWEVER,

So, with exactly ONE, promised spot and in his first year with the league Brunner put up:

12 Goals, 14 Assists (over a shortened season) // 5 and 4 in the play-offs.

2012-13 Detroit Red Wings NHL 44 12 14 26 12 -6 14 5 4 9 4

...and then we didn't re-sign him because he wanted too much out of his next contract.

So, exactly where was that a mis-step?

Projects and Prospects balanced with Free Agent signings and Trades is how it works. Sorry! :bye:

That's fine....but make the trade for the top line scorer, sign the D guys you need to make things better back there and then bring in a project or two... Our needs are top line scoring (whether or not that will be Nyquist or Mantha I am not sure) and make our D harder to play against. Cover our NEEDS along with trying to discover our next gem in a haystack and I am on board!

I did like the analogy that Nosek pretty much replaces the second rounder we traded...maybe this guy would replace the 1st rounder if it is traded for a need...

That's fine....but make the trade for the top line scorer, sign the D guys you need to make things better back there and then bring in a project or two... Our needs are top line scoring (whether or not that will be Nyquist or Mantha I am not sure) and make our D harder to play against. Cover our NEEDS along with trying to discover our next gem in a haystack and I am on board!

I did like the analogy that Nosek pretty much replaces the second rounder we traded...maybe this guy would replace the 1st rounder if it is traded for a need...

The problem is you'll just have to wait for the rest. It's not Draft Day and Free Agency has yet to begin. So those things can't be done yet. At least not in that order.

See! You can see the bright side of things! Holland is doing SOMETHING!! :tounge:

Edited by e_prime

There seems to be very inconsistent info on this guy. ELiteprospects has him at

183 cm / 6'0".

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41014

Anyway, he doesn't look small in the Hockeybuzz video.

There is nothing anywhere mentioning guaranteed spots on the roster for Nosek or sekac (or even if we have him) so I don't know what the problem. I also don't know why you had a problem with Brunner. I don't think anyone would say that he didn't deserve a spot on the roster.

These are no risk pickups. no assets given. small salaries. I say rock on.

I forgot weight. That link has him at 174. Who knows what is the most up to date or accurate?

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Yep, Holland's M.O.

How many times is he going to go to this well? I wouldn't mind these undrafted, unproven European "projects" if they were for GR only to learn the NA game and EARN a spot in the NHL. If Holland wants to sign Nosek and Sekac or Ballsek for all I care for GR then fine, but these guys expect NHL spots...we already have a log jam up front and NEED legit top line scoring....not projects.

Where does it say they're being given a spot? Nowhere. Mantha says his goal is the NHL immediately, "oooh such confidence.". Nosek says something about the NHL immediately, "he's being handed a spot wtf stoopid Holland.". Even Brunner wasn't just given the spot, he played well enough in the brief camp to earn it. It seems like you're complaining before there's anything to complain about.

Yep, Holland's M.O.

Every single player drafted outside a Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin is a "project". Every draftee takes conditioning and time to turn into an NHL caliber player - if anything, guys like Nosek and Sekac are a bit ahead of the curve.

They "expect" NHL spots because they say they want a spot? Every single player better say that, otherwise why the heck are you a hockey player? Stating the playing in the NHL is your goal should come out of every player's mouth. These guys are 21, not 17-18, just selected in the draft. If they're not good enough to play in the NHL, they'll be bumped down to GR, just like any prospect who plays in Detroit's training camp.

i look at it as if they are draft picks. no worries..only potential.

it seems there going to release a few griffins and these guys can fill the tank back up.

it just seems akward looking up his status....is he with us or what?