• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#121 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

I watched all 82 Red Wings games last season and the funny thing is my jaw dropped when I saw Cleary played 52 games this season. If I would have guess i would have said around 25. That's how unmemorable he was last season. He was close to literally doing nothing for us offensively.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 19 June 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#122 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

I watched all 82 Red Wings games last season and the funny thing is my jaw dropped when I saw Cleary played 52 games this season. If I would have guess i would have said around 25. That's how unmemorable he was last season. He was close to literally doing nothing for us offensively.

Same here. I thought he was hurt pretty much since November. I can't recall watching him play really. Pretty sure he and Babcock have a thing on the side.
mccarty3

#123 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

maybe holland is trying to do cleary a favor and show other teams that there is interest in him despite his terrible stats...? please? 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#124 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

If Dan Cleary ends up wearing the Winged Wheel again this year, I will find a new team to support until Holland is gone.  Oh and by the way, all of you who think a 2-way is a good idea are delusional.  GR spots are pretty valuable too - especially when you need to be re-tooling via youth and there are waiver rules AND the GM has shown no ability to make a reasonable free agent signing in a number of years - (41 year old Alfie not withstanding)

I remember each and every painful game.  I found it hard to not be drawn to his ineptitude on the ice.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#125 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

The only way I will forgive Cleary signing if Holland brings in Weber. I hope KHL overpays Cleary and gets him out of Detroit.

#126 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Just retire cleary ffs!

#127 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

If he signs a two way deal and spends the year in GR....I'm Ok with that.  Unless he's magically recovered and is now healthy and able to play like he did five years ago..or even during the 2012 playoffs.  Then I'm OK with him in Detroit.

#128 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

If he signs a two way deal and spends the year in GR....I'm Ok with that.  Unless he's magically recovered and is now healthy and able to play like he did five years ago..or even during the 2012 playoffs.  Then I'm OK with him in Detroit.

Im ok with him coming to terms with being broken, beat and old. He has had a great stay with us, but i would hate for him to overstay his welcome and be remembered as the gimp that didn't know when to quit. It's time to hang em up that's all there is to it.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 19 June 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#129 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Im ok with him coming to terms with being broken, beat and old. He has had a great stay with us, but i would hate for him to overstay his welcome and be remembered as the gimp that didn't know when to quit. It's time to hang em up that's all there is to it.

I'm thankful that individuals are free to make their own decisions on when to retire. Do I want Cleary back on the Wings' roster this year? Nope. Would I tell another man to retire from his career? Never.

#130 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

If Dan Cleary SOMEHOW is given a roster spot on the Red Wings then I think all us Wings fans should go to every single pre-season game and chant CLEARY SUCKS... maybe that would send him a message to just go away already along with tell Kenny we are fed up with his loyalty.

#131 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Bert curse will be over and Cleary will reanimate once again. Let's go Cleary. Bring the cup home !

#132 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

If Dan Cleary SOMEHOW is given a roster spot on the Red Wings then I think all us Wings fans should go to every single pre-season game and chant CLEARY SUCKS... maybe that would send him a message to just go away already along with tell Kenny we are fed up with his loyalty.

Wings' fans have a hard enough time proving that we're a classy bunch without a disgruntled home crowd booing members of our own team at the Joe.

#133 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

Or maybe we could be grateful for all he has given this team and support him in his last games as a red wing. The kids in GR could use a guy that know how to work and win at the NHL level. I fully expect him to play there or retire after the preseason.

Also, if one meaningless signing makes you stop being a fan, good riddance to you.

#134 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

I am not against signing Clearly for super cheap and hopefully a 2 way deal As long as Bertuzzi (Who I Love) Sammy and Alfredson are all left to go somewhere else. I would prefer to let them all walk though but if I had to take one I would want to give Cleary another shot. He has put it all on the line a lot of times and has is a good presence infront of the net. That being said I do not want them to resign him, My dream for the wings would be a winger that is a big time sniper and can score with the best of them.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone, 19 June 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#135 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Yeah...let's just take old man Cleary out back and shoot him....bring him to camp, let him skate around and see what happens.  Maybe if you some of you show Babcock your Stanley Cup rings, he'll give you a say in picking the final roster.

#136 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I don't care if they pinkie swore on it.  It's business.  If he wants to offer him an off ice position, be my guest.  For two seasons in a row to think Cleary is finally gone only to have the hope dashed again.  It's beyond comprehension.  Not a two way deal, a one way deal, not any deal.  Not in a box or with a fox.  I do not like that Dan I am.

#137 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Shouldn't we chant Holland sucks instead? Cleary is just doing what he loves. Holland is the one enabling that unfortunate opportunity to occur.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#138 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think this will be like the maltby deal. I can't see him wanting to play in the ahl. And if he does play on the wings then it will be because he earned it. Maybe he busts his ass in the offseason and gets in beast mode for one last hoorah. Or maybe his body can't do what his mind wants to and he realizes it and hangs em up. His knees are pretty much shot.
mccarty3

#139 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

I was literally just thinking the same thing and talking to my girl about it. I thought he missed almost the entire year, not played over half of it!

#140 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

I'm thankful that individuals are free to make their own decisions on when to retire. Do I want Cleary back on the Wings' roster this year? Nope. Would I tell another man to retire from his career? Never.

If he does indeed return, lets hope that he lives up to his contract and do what he thinks he can.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 19 June 2014 - 07:39 PM.