• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

Compliance buyout expected to be used on Tootoo

Rate this topic

Because he doesn't score 5 goals a game like he did that one time. Therefore he is lazy and he sucks and he is overpaid.

He's not lazy, he just never grew out of his prepubescent social anxiety and fear of scoring goals. He purposely misses so he can play on the super fun 4th line with cool guys like Cleary.

I like Tootoo. I hope he finds a place somewhere. Wherever it is, I'll become a fan. Or at least a follower. Because, you know, if it was like the Ducks or something, that would be just gross.

Fare thee well, old friend.

I really don't see the argument that they have to use the buyout on Toots or they'll lose the buyout. I can see them buying him out to get him off the roster and have his (relatively small) pay available for someone else. I just hope that Someone Else is willing to stand up and fight.

The reason they are buying out Tootoo isn't for any type of savings.

Its a good will gesture from Holland to Tootoo so he can attempt to continue his NHL career.

He wasn't going to get a shot under Babcock, and they couldn't trade him so now he has a chance to sign with someone at a cheaper rate where he might get a chance to play.

Holland did the same thing with Commodore when Babcock refused to play him.

It was already common news they were going to buy him out. The only way a GM would actually trade for Tootoo was if he was part of a bigger package and he was just an add-on as a favor, like Eaves was in the Legwand trade. I always wonder why they announce this sort of stuff weeks in advance, which kills any sort of leverage Holland might've had to trade him for a pick or something.

Source:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 38m

DET puts Jordin Tootoo on buyout waivers.

Tootoo seems like a good guy but I never understood this signing. Overpayment (especially given the term) for his type of player, and he never got utilized anyway. It's like Babcock and Holland never had a conversation about Tootoo or something. Because his playing style didn't change from the Predators to Detroit. They knew what they were getting and Babcock didn't want it.

Guest DeGraa55

Tootoo can't play in the NHL. Franzen will score 20+ goals.... Which one to buy out? Head scratcher

Tootoo will show up to play in every game he is in, Franzen will show up to 20 and none will be playoff games hmm head scratcher.

Tootoo will show up to play in every game he is in, Franzen will show up to 20 and none will be playoff games hmm head scratcher.

Tootoo will show up to every game and entertain the fans but suck, Franzen will show up to 40 and score 2 goals in each, hmmm head scratcher

EDIT: obvi won't score 80 goals...

Edited by number9

Ahh the old showing up to play homage that LGW bestows on players that apparently Babcock hasn't noticed. We're a much worse team without Franzen. I don't get why every player gets a pass on last season when comparing stats (datsyuk, zetterberg) because of our miserable injury plagued season except for Franzen. You don't buy out legitimate top 6 players that have good contracts.

LGW: "we need two more top 6 players. Let's buy out Franzen and just buy 3 more. It's been really easy to acquire talent lately"

Ahh the old showing up to play homage that LGW bestows on players that apparently Babcock hasn't noticed. We're a much worse team without Franzen. I don't get why every player gets a pass on last season when comparing stats (datsyuk, zetterberg) because of our miserable injury plagued season except for Franzen. You don't buy out legitimate top 6 players that have good contracts.

LGW: "we need two more top 6 players. Let's buy out Franzen and just buy 3 more. It's been really easy to acquire talent lately"

This. It's not that 20-30 goalscorers grow on trees these days.

The buyout on Tootoo was expected, so nothing new to discuss there. I think the signing of Tootoo was an experiment by Babcock and Holland. Maybe as a substitute to Homer. It turned out it didn't work and he doesn't fit in here. But I'll surely miss the little cannonball.

This. It's not that 20-30 goalscorers grow on trees these days.

The buyout on Tootoo was expected, so nothing new to discuss there. I think the signing of Tootoo was an experiment by Babcock and Holland. Maybe as a substitute to Homer. It turned out it didn't work and he doesn't fit in here. But I'll surely miss the little cannonball.

I'd miss him too, but I can't remember any of the 11 games he played in last year.

I think we need a high energy 4th liner though. We have a lot of bottom sixers with young guys getting chances so maybe we can upgrade there.

Helm and Abdelkader are the only bottom sixers I wouldn't trade

Top six players won't get moved unless another top six player or top 4 defender comes back

So....its done? Tootoo has officially been the second buyout? I am not liking this offseason thus far...Tootoo's contract would have been minimal to the cap, could've bought out Kindl or Franzen, even though I know the Franzen would have never happened. So, now nobody will want Kindl, we will be stuck with him, Franzen will continue to suffer from his head problems and we will re-sign Cleary, Alfie and Monster... Book your tee times...

So....its done? Tootoo has officially been the second buyout? I am not liking this offseason thus far...Tootoo's contract would have been minimal to the cap, could've bought out Kindl or Franzen, even though I know the Franzen would have never happened. So, now nobody will want Kindl, we will be stuck with him, Franzen will continue to suffer from his head problems and we will re-sign Cleary, Alfie and Monster... Book your tee times...

Wasn't Kindl's contract signed after the lockout, making him ineligible for a compliance buyout?

Wasn't Kindl's contract signed after the lockout, making him ineligible for a compliance buyout?

I believe so. That is also the reason Weiss couldn't be bought out. He probably would have been the guy axed if he were signed prior.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

As much as I would love to get rid of the head case mule, at the end of the season its hard to argue his numbers. He always seems to limp into the top in scoring and such. I think people are forgetting about Weiss, unless I'm missing something that wont allow him to be bought out, he is the perfect candidate for the buyout in my mind.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
remove quoted deleted post