• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

Compliance buyout expected to be used on Tootoo

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/06/red_wings_in_contract_talks_wi.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

The Red Wings will try one last time to trade forward Jordin Tootoo during the entry draft in Philadelphia on June 27-28.

If they can't find a deal, they're likely to use their final compliance buyout on Tootoo, who has one year remaining on his contract at $1.9 million.

I kind of feel like these buyouts should be used like "get out of jail free" cards. Using it on Colo was kind of a waste. He wasn't vastly under performing for the contract he had. As for Tootoo, one more year of him playing in the minors and his contract expires. Its not like Holland is going to spend to the cap this summer anyways. These buyouts should be used on Scott Gomez like contracts.

I kind of feel like these buyouts should be used like "get out of jail free" cards. Using it on Colo was kind of a waste. He wasn't vastly under performing for the contract he had. As for Tootoo, one more year of him playing in the minors and his contract expires. Its not like Holland is going to spend to the cap this summer anyways. These buyouts should be used on Scott Gomez like contracts.

We don't have a Gomez contract and we have to use or lose it. Bye toots.

Guest DeGraa55

We don't have a Gomez contract and we have to use or lose it. Bye toots.

We got franzens contract.

And kindls(or was it after the new cba he signed his extension can't remember).

Either way using it on a guy with 1 year led is a waste but O well.

You really want to compare Franzen and Kindl to Gomez? I don't like Kindl, I don't like Franzen, but the similarities are still not their my friend

Franzen is putting up just as many points as he was when he was signed to that contract. Kindl has a very tradeable contract. Gomez was a terrible comparison.

Please see my response in the Cleary thread....sum it up: Holland is stupid, needs to be fired and has done NOTHING to help this team since he let Hossa go. His allegiance to these useless hockey players is sickening and it makes fans shake their heads...I sure hope he gets that ever important "future considerations" on trade day so he can use the damn buyout on a contract worth buying out. Franzen. But we all know, even if Holland is able to trade Tootoo, he will just let the buyout expire.

Please see my response in the Cleary thread....sum it up: Holland is stupid, needs to be fired and has done NOTHING to help this team since he let Hossa go. His allegiance to these useless hockey players is sickening and it makes fans shake their heads...I sure hope he gets that ever important "future considerations" on trade day so he can use the damn buyout on a contract worth buying out. Franzen. But we all know, even if Holland is able to trade Tootoo, he will just let the buyout expire.

Holland is the stupid one?

Yes Holland was stupid, stupid because he listened to BABCOCK and not only resigned Cleary but committed to more than just one year. What a crock of $hit that turned into.

If I'm not mistaken, Holland did offer Hossa a contract before he re-signed Franzen but Hossa opted for more money and left for Chicago. It's not like Franzen ruined the opportunity to keep Hossa.

Buying out Tootoo doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to fans, but it's the last time Holland can use a compliance buyout and Tootoo certainly won't be playing with the Wings under Babcock, so why waste $1.9 mil in space and a roster spot in GR?

because the Wings need size, grit, toughness and gamebreakers and some $ for the younger players ?

The wings will have close to 8 - 12 million after re-signings, depending on who is retained. Go find another player who produces at his rate for the same price, spoiler: you can't.

Guest DeGraa55

If I'm not mistaken, Holland did offer Hossa a contract before he re-signed Franzen but Hossa opted for more money and left for Chicago. It's not like Franzen ruined the opportunity to keep Hossa.

Buying out Tootoo doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to fans, but it's the last time Holland can use a compliance buyout and Tootoo certainly won't be playing with the Wings under Babcock, so why waste $1.9 mil in space and a roster spot in GR?

Because tootoo is awesome and we enjoy watching him!!! Besides cap space used be used cleary Bert Sammy etc etc won't cost us much lol

He's putting up the same numbers he did in 2008, why in the world would we buy him out now?

The points are the same but I'd argue that 27 and 11 are a far cry from 16 and 25. We need him putting the puck in the net more, not trying to be fancy.

The points are the same but I'd argue that 27 and 11 are a far cry from 16 and 25. We need him putting the puck in the net more, not trying to be fancy.

Sure, but I wouldn't call it a FAR cry. And regardless it still doesn't make sense to buy out his contract when he'd likely get even more per year from another team.

07-08 GP: 72

13-14 GP: 54

He actually had more PPG, but yes more of those were goals in 08.

If he's healthy, plays a full season, hopefully he scores his usual 27-30 goals this year. History says he will.