• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

Compliance buyout expected to be used on Tootoo

Rate this topic

1) Richards had $2million+ per year extra on his contract than does Franzen. Paying nearly $7 million for a support player is a hell of a lot worse than paying $4 million

2) If we bought out Franzen, who realistically, are we going to get those goals from? 1 individual it definitely will not come from. If you want KH to find someone through free agency or trades, then we're either going to sacrifice a massive amount of cap space (by signing say Vanek for $7million which he isn't worth) or give up a sh** ton of prospects just to acquire someone good enough to score 30 goals. So why would you do that when you have someone, inspire of their flaws, who does those things, yet at a price that allows this team to have cap flexibility?

16/17 goals is not that hard to replace. If there was no Franzen we would have 15/16 million in cap space to find replacements. That is more than enough to bring in 2 big time contracts/players. be it as UFA's or via trades. Yes you give up prospects, so what? 2 out of 3 fail to turn into anything. What did we give up to get Shanahan again? A 25 year old C that played a 200ft game and was coming off of a 26 goal season.

Edited by Richdg

Toots can move to Tampa Bay with Brad Richards and Valtteri, and play great and make the Wings look bad. LOL~ With St. Louis gone, TB needs another little dude like Jordin. Best wishes, Toots, I liked you as a Wing.

Edited by puckloo39

You and others defending Franzen/keeping him are making circular arguements. "we can't buy him out because we don't have anyone better". That is BS. After the Rags bought out Richards who out performed Franzen this year in every way, your point holds less water. Richards is younger, doesn't have a concussion history, played more games, scored more goals, had more points, and yet the Rags REALIZED their mistake and bought him out. Why? Because they knew this was their best chance to get out from under his bad contract. They now have a roster spot open and cap room to go out and get better players. I know it is pretty complicated. Cut the crap and bring in better players. Wonder why our GM can't seem to figure this out.

Richards did not out play franzen.

For proof, see the Richards thread.

also.

Stop turning every thread into something about franzen.

This thread is about tootoo being bought out, not another franzen hate thread.

I feel worse cheering for the devils now that Martys roaming around as a free agent, but tootoos too damn endearing not to stick somewhere.

I hope for nothing but the best for him, and hope he plays it classy when he plays us, just so I can keep rooting for him.

He didnt b**CH and moan about going to gr, and didn't act all high and mighty once he was there...

That video of him giving his stick to that kid made me respect him a lot more...

I feel worse cheering for the devils now that Martys roaming around as a free agent, but tootoos too damn endearing not to stick somewhere.

I hope for nothing but the best for him, and hope he plays it classy when he plays us, just so I can keep rooting for him.

He didnt b**CH and moan about going to gr, and didn't act all high and mighty once he was there...

That video of him giving his stick to that kid made me respect him a lot more...

I wish him the best too but I think he will play very very hard when the Wings come to town, because he knows no one the Wings is going to fight him or else...

I think he will fit in fine with the Devils taking on the lesser guys while Jensen gets the heavyweights.