• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Todd Bertuzzi will not be re-signed

Rate this topic

And thus ends my long time dream of cheering wildly as Todd Bertuzzi is handed the Stanley Cup first after it is presented to Zetterberg (and cheering all the more wildly knowing that the rest of the hockey world is HATING what they're seeing).

He could just sign with a real contender now.

I wish. Seriously, I'd really love for Bert to get a Cup. I've got nothing but sympathy for the guy. I'd rather he win one than Alfie.

Why? I mean I have nothing against Bert, but no sympathy really. He nearly killed Steve Moore after all. Really he should have been banned for life.

It's a shame we never had Bertuzzi during that short window when he was a dominant force in the NHL.

He's had two stints for the Wings, but both are very forgettable. Ironically, that gap when he wasn't on the team was when we made two Finals apperances. Not saying it was his fault, but ironical (Where's DraperFan?)

Why? I mean I have nothing against Bert, but no sympathy really. He nearly killed Steve Moore after all. Really he should have been banned for life.

No he didn't. The guys that jumped on top did but I'm not going to debate it. If any one should be banned it's Matt Cooke but that's not going to happen.

No he didn't. The guys that jumped on top did but I'm not going to debate it. If any one should be banned it's Matt Cooke but that's not going to happen.

Matt Cooke should be banned too. I don't want to debate it either but the force of the sucker punch followed by driving Moore's head into the ice practically broke all of his cervical vertebrae by the looks of it. Could easily have severed his spinal cord but he was lucky.

I said the day we brought him back that wed never win a cup with him on the roster, bad juju.

This. Very true. I always thought it was a bad idea. He had his moments, but he just didn't throw his weight around like he could have. I mean he certainly could have been the muscle we needed to keep opponents in line, but he never tried to put anyone on their ass like a guy that size could. I wonder if there is a rule on the team not to get into the messy stuff by babcock. Because he certainly doesn't ever look happy when Justin gets greasy.

This. Very true. I always thought it was a bad idea. He had his moments, but he just didn't throw his weight around like he could have. I mean he certainly could have been the muscle we needed to keep opponents in line, but he never tried to put anyone on their ass like a guy that size could. I wonder if there is a rule on the team not to get into the messy stuff by babcock. Because he certainly doesn't ever look happy when Justin gets greasy.

I was kind of thinking he just stopped engaging in all that because of the Steve Moore thing.

Like Not only was it weighing on him that he messed up another mans life, and he's got the decision of the courts hanging over his head.

He probably was told by multiple people that it will influence the case If they see him out there acting like a goon opposed to him showing he changed his ways.

On top of the bad karma, it was never a good mix.

I was kind of thinking he just stopped engaging in all that because of the Steve Moore thing.

Like Not only was it weighing on him that he messed up another mans life, and he's got the decision of the courts hanging over his head.

He probably was told by multiple people that it will influence the case If they see him out there acting like a goon opposed to him showing he changed his ways.

On top of the bad karma, it was never a good mix.

I got that impression too. Like it severely affected him and he just didn't want to play that physical style anymore because it just felt wrong to him? I don't know. But Bert never seemed like the big physical power forward anymore after that.

In spite of all these negative opinions I liked Bert in our uniform. Yes, this year he was useless but he was a good player for us. Perhaps, this is just my opinion as I was a big fan of him starting from late 90s and it was like a dream come true when we traded for him.

So I wish all the best to him, the only player I truly liked who spent his best years not in Red Wings jersey.

In spite of all these negative opinions I liked Bert in our uniform. Yes, this year he was useless but he was a good player for us. Perhaps, this is just my opinion as I was a big fan of him starting from late 90s and it was like a dream come true when we traded for him.

So I wish all the best to him, the only player I truly liked who spent his best years not in Red Wings jersey.

I have nothing against the guy either, and I do wish we'd had him when he was one of the best players in the league. I thought he played well at times this season, mostly on the PP, but it's clearly time for the Wings to move on. That guy named Cleary though...

And thus ends my long time dream of cheering wildly as Todd Bertuzzi is handed the Stanley Cup first after it is presented to Zetterberg (and cheering all the more wildly knowing that the rest of the hockey world is HATING what they're seeing).

Let's do that in the Pepsi center.

Now how are we gonna win shootouts? Hopefully one of the kids, idk maybe Jurco (I know, shot in the dark), could be tried in a SO... Wait, who am I kidding? that won't work.

Not a bad idea! Let's turn out the lights and give the refs night vision goggles and let the players shoot in the dark. If you hear a whistle it's no good, but if the goal light comes on its in.

26 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Run a red light. Suspected DUI and refused to take a breathalyzer test.

Hopefully he refused a field sobriety test and a blood test at the jail as well and kept his s*** together.

Probably gonna get his license suspended for a bit for non-compliance, but beats a DUI. Big Bert will live to drink and drive again another day.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-bertuzzi-dui-arrest-nhl-hockey-drunk-driving/

The 46-year-old was pulled over just after midnight Saturday morning in Auburn Hills after motorists called 911 to report a car swerving all over the road.

We're told he DID perform other field sobriety tests and showed obvious signs of impairment, according to our law enforcement sources.

We're told cops later got a warrant for a blood draw -- no word on the results yet.

tenor.gif