• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Not official yet but sounds like Greene is staying in LA.

I'm a little surprised the Kings would give him that term. He's only 31 but injuries have taken a toll and he seems to have lost a step. Maybe they're hoping he can get healthy this very short offseason?

I'm a big fan of Greene but I don't know that he's really what the Wings needed anyway. I doubt he would've hurt, but there's bigger defensive needs.

Looks like Matt Greene is staying in LA. Work finishing up on a 4 year deal.

RE: Markov signing

He will earn the same salary, $5.75 million per season, that he made in each of his last two contracts over the past seven years.

Hey Marc Bergevin! Did you let Ken Holland make a phone call for you?

Hey Dan Boyle! Here's the number you shoot for, you lucky so-and-so.

Hey Ken Holland! Don't do it!

Hey P.K. Subban! Just in case you weren't aware! You gonna get paid!!!

This means Niskanen will be asking for 8-9mil. It's good to be D man in NHL.

That's an insane number. I thoroughly disagree with it... but I won't say that it couldn't happen.

There are some desperate/insane GMs out there.

Tatar needs to stop talking to the media...

The skilled winger will open the next season with an even greater opportunity in Detroit, which decided to not renew the contracts of several older players.

"There's definitely a bigger chance now. There's room for a more experienced player or two. I don't think the team will be built just for us [younger players], but there will be more space."

Tatar is waiting for negotiations for a new contract [to begin] in the next few days. The Red Wings retain his rights.

"On Friday we'll begin negotiating a contract. It's tough to talk about it. Detroit's my priority. I'd say that it's 90% that I'll stay there, only if a fantastic offer came from another team, that Detroit didn't want to match."

Tatar doesn't want to walk away from the famous team.

"Everything depends on negotiations. I can't go below the price that a similar player in the league will have earned. But I like the team, and I'll settle there. It's all business, though, and the team could always replace me."

The national team forward wasn't surprised by the performance of Marian Gaborik, whose shot dominated the NHL's playoffs. "Marian is still a great shooter. He's had a little trouble with injuries, but it's not surprising, it shows what a quality player he is. It

helped that he had good teammates and that the Kings' offense was stable around him."

So....what does everyone think Tatar believes is a fair salary??

RE: Markov signing

He will earn the same salary, $5.75 million per season, that he made in each of his last two contracts over the past seven years.

Hey Marc Bergevin! Did you let Ken Holland make a phone call for you?

Hey Dan Boyle! Here's the number you shoot for, you lucky so-and-so.

Hey Ken Holland! Don't do it!

Hey P.K. Subban! Just in case you weren't aware! You gonna get paid!!!

This means Niskanen will be asking for 8-9mil. It's good to be D man in NHL.

That's an insane number. I thoroughly disagree with it... but I won't say that it couldn't happen.

There are some desperate/insane GMs out there.

What has been going on in the NHL in the past few years has been insane. It won't be surprising to see a money like that given to the best available D man. Markov at his age got almost 6mil. So 8 mil for Niskanen is insane, but realistic.

Sounds like Tatar will be traded to me

The translation is really rough so, I'm not sure where it sounds like that... but Tatar is an RFA.

So sign and trade? Is Ken Holland capable of that?

He is a tradeable asset and should fetch quality in return, especially if he's packaged with other pieces.

What has been going on in the NHL in the past few years has been insane. It won't be surprising to see a money like that given to the best available D man. Markov at his age got almost 6mil. So 8 mil for Niskanen is insane, but realistic.

I don't want to turn this thread into something else but it's only going to go one way and it's mainly because they tied the cap to league revenues. Until the league starts struggling financially, that's when we'll see salaries start to change (but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon). We're basically stuck in this escalation until there's another lockout to produce another rollback in salaries

Guest DeGraa55

I don't understand what's wig with what Tatar said. It's all 100% true just like his comments from last year.

Ok....

Nikitin signed a 2 year deal

Callahan signed a 6 year deal for a cap hit just under 6 million per

Greene resigned with LAK 4 years 10 million

Gabby maybe done today......

I did see a rumor where Vanek MAY go for a shorter 3-4 year deal........

Guest DeGraa55

Ok....

Nikitin signed a 2 year deal

Callahan signed a 6 year deal for a cap hit just under 6 million per

Greene resigned with LAK 4 years 10 million

Gabby maybe done today......

I did see a rumor where Vanek MAY go for a shorter 3-4 year deal........

Overpaying for 3 years is ok. Specially for us because by the time the kids are ready to get paid he will be gone....but it still won't happen.

Nikitin is a lot like Ladislav Smid or Ericsson. He's not going to make an impression on the scoreboard, but he that's not what he's there for. It's an overpayment, but not a huge one for a 6'4 230 lb. stay at home d-man who can shut down forward and munch minutes.

Edited by kipwinger

4.9M AAV reported by Lebrun. I'm sure it's heavily front loaded which explains the long term

They can't heavily front or backload contracts anymore. It's probably slightly frontloaded but it's not like he'll be making 9 million and then down to 1 million