• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

There are reports coming out that Kesler is likely to be traded in the next 24 hours.

The most likely landing spot according to the rumors is Detroit.

Canucks fans seem to think it will be Tatar and our 1st rounder going to Vancouver.

Let's see what happens when/if they can no longer compete. It's easy to like a winning team.

I don't know. If I was a player and had the choice of playing in LA, I'd do it unless the team was absolutely terrible (Islanders) or I had never won a Cup before and had limited time to win one. I mean, it's LA. I've never been there but considering the weather, the scenery and proximity to real entertainment, LA has to blow most other cities out of the water. Except for maybe NYC. It'd be a no-brainer for me as a player to sign with LA, even if it was for slightly less money than I'd make somewhere else.

There are reports coming out that Kesler is likely to be traded in the next 24 hours.

Canucks fans seem to think it will be Tatar and our 1st rounder going to Vancouver.

I know it's rumors but any links?

I know it's just a rumor, but if that's all it takes...wow.

For the record, the rumor about Kesler is from Dreger. Looking for a link now.

EDIT: Okay, so Dreger's Twitter feed mentions that trade talk surrounding Kesler is heating up by the minute, and teams are pushing hard but Kesler won't change his list of acceptable trade locations.

Dreger DOES NOT SAY Detroit is a possible destination. In fact, he says he has no idea where a likely destination is.

I'm not trying to pick at you or anything, but I'm guessing you saw this on HF boards, or someone tweeted it. That's the source as far as I know. I saw it earlier - it's essentially some guy who said he broke the news on Luongo, Schneider and Torts being fired, because he knows somebody close to the organization.

I'm not sure how much validity it carries, to be honest.

EDIT: This is where I saw the Kesler thing earlier: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=86986955&postcount=570

I don't think you can qualify it as any kind of source.

Edited by Jesusberg

I'm not trying to pick at you or anything, but I'm guessing you saw this on HF boards, or someone tweeted it. That's the source as far as I know. I saw it earlier - it's essentially some guy who said he broke the news on Luongo, Schneider and Torts being fired, because he knows somebody close to the organization.

EDIT: This is where I saw the Kesler thing earlier: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=86986955&postcount=570

Well here is to hoping it's true. If Holland can some how land Kesler and Niskanen it will restore my faith in him.

Kesler for Tatar and a 1st? Is it just mean or does that actually seem like a bit low?

The reports came from Dreger and others on twitter, and they do not list any of the teams involved other than a mysterious new team in the mix. Dreger says things are heating up on Kesler and he expects him to be moved in the next 24 hours.

I made sure to not say the reports listed the Wings or anyone else as being the destination.

The rumors of Detroit being that team and the potential return indeed did come from HFboards which is why I listed them as only rumors. Sorry if it caused confusion I was trying to be clear that the part about us being involved was pure speculation but that its extremely likely Kesler moves somewhere at or before the draft.

Edited by FlashyG

The reports came from Dreger and others on twitter, and they do not list any of the teams involved other than a mysterious new team in the mix. Dreger says things are heating up on Kesler and he expects him to be moved in the next 24 hours.

I made sure to not say the reports listed the Wings or anyone else as being the destination.

The rumors of Detroit being that team and the potential return indeed did come from HFboards which is why I listed them as only rumors. Sorry if it caused confusion I was trying to be clear that the part about us being involved was pure speculation but that its extremely likely Kesler moves somewhere at or before the draft.

No worries - like I said, I wasn't picking at you, specifically. Rumors tend to snowball around here. Next thing you know, there'd be a lines thread with Kesler in it ;)

Until we actually hear anything genuine, then it really is all just speculation but it's exciting to think about nonetheless. I wonder if the Canucks would prefer trading Kesler to an Eastern Conference team so they don't have to face Kesler so much.

Tatar + Ouellet + 1st? Fair deal do we think? I could live with that I reckon.

No worries - like I said, I wasn't picking at you, specifically. Rumors tend to snowball around here. Next thing you know, there'd be a lines thread with Kesler in it ;)

There are probably already some of those around!

I could see something like this...

Tatar

Ouellet

15th overall pick

Weiss

FOR

Kesler

Garrison

Swapping of bloated contracts (Weiss, Garrison) to fill positions of need for both teams.

Weiss has a NMC and would have to approve any deal.

I could see something like this...

Tatar

Ouellet

15th overall pick

Weiss

FOR

Kesler

Garrison

Swapping of bloated contracts (Weiss, Garrison) to fill positions of need for both teams.

While I like the idea of unloading Weiss' contract, that would leave our defense pretty bloated with long-term deals. Not much room for any of the younger guys in the coming years.

I don't know. If I was a player and had the choice of playing in LA, I'd do it unless the team was absolutely terrible (Islanders) or I had never won a Cup before and had limited time to win one. I mean, it's LA. I've never been there but considering the weather, the scenery and proximity to real entertainment, LA has to blow most other cities out of the water. Except for maybe NYC. It'd be a no-brainer for me as a player to sign with LA, even if it was for slightly less money than I'd make somewhere else.

I was referring to the fans and how hockey is becoming popular there. They've won 2 cups in 3 years, so of course it's become popular. It would be a great destination for players, especially right now.

Edited by rrasco

They have to unload him before the deadline or wait till free agent frenzy. Detroit has a higher first round pick than Pittsburgh and Chicago and it's not a very good draft year, so I would be ok with it. Throw in Tatar and it's a pretty good trade in my books.

I’d do Tatar + Ouellet + Andersson + Kindl + 1st

for

Kesler and Vancouver’s 2nd round pick (36th).

Would they do that I wonder?

I would do that as well.

Sign Alfie / Iginla

Sign Niskanen

Z - D - Iginla / Alfie

Nyquist - Kesler - Franzen

Jurco - Sheahan - Abby / Mantha

Miller - Helm - Glendening

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Niskanen

Marchenko - Smith

Lashoff

Howard

Monster

I’d do Tatar + Ouellet + Andersson + Kindl + 1st

for

Kesler and Vancouver’s 2nd round pick (36th).

Would they do that I wonder?

Unless they're okay with giving up their 2nd to have two first round draft picks, I doubt that would be enough for a second. Maybe a third or fourth?

So, Alfredsson has said he'd like to return. Do we know anything else? Is he likely to be brought back if we trade for/sign a top 6 player?

From what I read Babs said it's dependent on if his back is good enough. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple months to sign Alfie.