• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

"We like our team, Ehrhoff at 4 million for a 1 year contract is a little pricey and we felt that in signing kyle Quincy at 4.2 on a 1 year contract is an upgrade over Kyle Quincy of last year. He is a year older and now has to bring the doughnuts on Thursdays. We are going to kick some tires and see if we can't find someone else to overpay to not be productive. I love July first. I can bone the entire Red Wings fan base 5 years in a row. I can only do 4 or 5 of you in a day at the rest stop on 75. This should solidify my signal to Brendan Shanahan that I really do want out of Detroit so I can work for my beloved Maple Leafs"

Holland still looking for defensemen to help with the loss of Lidstrom who retired 4 years ago. Holland hasn't accomplished anything since he left and defensemen have been flying all over the league

Who signed DeKeyser again?

So what do you do? What does Holland do? Hope that the new arena and M-1 rail are enough to attract free agents?

So what do you do? What does Holland do? Hope that the new arena and M-1 rail are enough to attract free agents?

I don't know. What have other teams done to make themselves more attractive to free agents? It's not like we're the first hockey team in history to have this problem. Offer a little more money? Be aggressive in the trade market? Add a few legitimate pieces, make yourself more of a contender again, and then guys will want to sign good deals (or discounts) because they've got a realistic chance of winning?

I imagine any solution is better than doing nothing and hoping the trend magically changes.

5.5 for Bolland? Absolute insanity

Florida has money to spend. They've got to get to the floor.

Also, if there's one guy that can go out and spend money, it's Dale Tallon.

I hear he's realgud with cap numbers.

Edited by e_prime

Ok - gonna beat a dead horse here...

What's more important...Acquiring that right handed Dman at all costs (be it thru a trade, or possibly an overpayment via UFA) OR getting a solid top 4 Dman who is a lefty (read Gorges)?

Righty would be nice, but the priority should be to upgrade. Righty, lefty, he can shoot with his di** for all I care as long as he's an upgrade over what we have. Edited by wings87