• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

In a vacuum I like him. On this team I don't. He's kinda slow, and not the toughest dude. He can score, so that's good. But I don't think he improves our "soft and undersized" dynamic too much. And unless we address that, we're going to keep having trouble in the playoffs.

I think he'd be a good complimentary piece on a big team who needs finesse and scoring.

He's a work-horse though. Where Vrbata is known for "taking games off," Moulson is not. Additionally, he'll go to the dirty areas even though he's not a big guy. Same size as Vrbata, and he's not soft -- for sure. I watched enough Isles games to see that.

Wouldn't mind Vrbata either though. Definitely think those guys are worth the look.

I think most of that misses the original point, Alife WANTED to come here, Dekeyser WANTED to come here, and Weiss chose to come here.

They were all highly sought after and all chose to come here, whether they worked out or not is irrelevant to countering the statement that UFA's don't want to go to the Wings. Some do and some don't and on a guy like Dekyser it isn't really fair to say he was a hometown move and so discount him but not discount all the other FA's choices that involve family, friends, location, climate, etc.

None of that is to say that I disagree with your final statement that the Wings are a tougher sell than they were 5 years ago, I agree they definitely are, but that is different that than the original assertion that UFA's don't want to go to Detroit anymore.

Was Alfie highly sought after? Not trying to take anything away from him, but didn't that come out of nowhere and happen behind the scenes? Not arguing so much, just curious. That seemed like a pretty unique situation from my memory, and many suspected that it had to do with playing with a lot of Swedes before the Olympics.

The point I'm really concerned with was the final one about the tough sell ultimately, and I think that has much to do with the original comment. Like I said, there's exceptions, and it's not a hard and fast rule, but it's clear that we're on the outside looking in on a lot of deals these days. Hell, in many if not most of the cases it might be for the better, but it is what it is.

He's a work-horse though. Where Vrbata is known for "taking games off," Moulson is not. Additionally, he'll go to the dirty areas even though he's not a big guy. Same size as Vrbata, and he's not soft -- for sure. I watched enough Isles games to see that.

Wouldn't mind Vrbata either though. Definitely think those guys are worth the look.

I'll take your word for it. Admittedly I've only ever seen Moulson when Detroit was in the west and played the odd game again NYI. Thanks for the info.

I'll take your word for it. Admittedly I've only ever seen Moulson when Detroit was in the west and played the odd game again NYI. Thanks for the info.

We do our homework.

John Buccigross @Buccigross 1m

#nhlfreeagency #analysis

BrefC70IEAAi-Wc.jpg
Edited by e_prime

Honestly, it might not be the worst thing ever to get Quincey back.

Kronner-Smith

Big E-Dekeyser

Quincey-Ouellet/Marchenko/Bäckman

Anything would be better than a Lashoff-Kindl/Quincey pairing.