• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Whelp, thems the breaks. Nothing to be angry about guys. It's fate. There was literally nothing else that could have been done to improve this team over the last 5 years, other than what's already been done. Nothing. He went to the wall and it just wasn't in the cards.

Ken Holland is only one man. He can't produce miracles.

Guest Playmaker

Sorry, I have like an hour for lunch and then I'll be out of touch for another 3 hours. Don't have the time to read through everything. Just happened to hear it on the radio.

I'd feel a lot better about not getting anyone if we also somehow dumped Kindl and Quincey signed elsewhere, but I have a feeling those 2 are our 3rd pairing next year where I'd rather see Sproul and Ouellet as our 3rd pairing. Throw the inevitable Cleary cherry on top and you have a lately typical Wings July 1st. I'm having a really hard time staying positive with s*** like Kindl, Q, Andersson, etc clogging up the system and Cleary likely to return and take spots yet again from the likes of Jurco and Ouellet who are cheaper and better players that also give flexibility at the trade deadline to acquire someone.

Whelp, thems the breaks. Nothing to be angry about guys. It's fate. There was literally nothing else that could have been done to improve this team over the last 5 years, other than what's already been done. Nothing. He went to the wall and it just wasn't in the cards.

Exactly. Too many people are quick to chastise when we don't really know all the details. I think in some ways this could be a blessing in disguise. It means we get to play the kids on the back end

Sorry, I have like an hour for lunch and then I'll be out of touch for another 3 hours. Don't have the time to read through everything. Just happened to hear it on the radio.

Radio? Okay. It all makes sense now.

I disagree (unless you're being sarcastic?)

Replace Ken Holland's name with Dan Cleary and tell me if that line of reasoning still works.

Cleary works harder than almost anyone on the ice, but that doesn't matter. He simply doesn't produce the results necessary to remain competitive at the NHL level.

Holland has an incredibly difficult job. So do the other 29 GM's in the league. It's not always going to work out, but the results are still what matter. Not how hard he tried.

There were absolutely things that could've been done in the last 5 years. Just because Holland didn't make them doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Admission - last year was the first year I did not go to Joe Louis to see a game since 1983. (Steve Yzerman's first game)

Reason - I did not feel the Wings organization was doing their best to put a the best possible team on the ice. Early indications are that I may not be going to the Joe this year either.