• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

No offense but we are not Edmonton. You can't tell me a player like Connor Mcdavid doesn't instantly make us better.

Just saying that tanking for a season doesn't indicate that we will be instantly better. I don't know what Connor McDavid would do to our team at all. People thought the same thing of first round picks in the past that have fizzled out.

I will say this much....

Detroit will find themselves out of the playoff picture in the next few years. May not happen this coming year, but it will once Dats and Z get further up in age and don't produce as much. Then you will get your wish about tanking.

I never said it was what the team would do, but given that the team is committed to mediocrity, might as well hope they do something to make being s*** worth while.

That's what our whole debate months ago was about.

Anyway ... here's hoping for a real youth movement in Detroit. I think we can agree on that.

I feel like the kid who really wanted Transformers for Christmas, but whose grandma bought Transmorphers instead. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I feel like a kid who only wanted to replace his former dog with another one and at least not a mouse....but then your parents buys of course a mouse...

btw. I hope we outtank Buffalo for Mac David

Edited by frankgrimes

I feel like a kid who only wanted to replace his former dog with another one and at least not a mouse....but then your parents buys of course a mouse...

Or a rat, but then, at least the rat was big and tough.

I feel like the kid who really wanted Transformers for Christmas, but whose grandma bought Transmorphers instead. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

She didn't even get you a GoBot.?!?!? Your grandma sucks.*

*Not your actual grandmother. I'm sure she's a lovely lady.

Nill just owns Holland at this point. Whatever Holland is saying to these UFAs and GMs is clearly not working anymore. Can he not sell players on Detroit? If UFAs are willing to sign in FLA you would think the Wings would be a potential landing spot for a few others. We have a great young pool of prospects to go along with a pretty talented roster.

At this point I would say its time to break in the kids. There is no point in overpaying for a Myers (who has his own issues). Just start trying some of the kids on for size and who knows - maybe a few step up and become young coveted players like other teams always seem to have.

Not too late to jump on the Stars bandwagon. Dallas is probably my second favorite team and I really like the moves they have made the last couple years. They are going to make a move to get a higher seed in the playoffs this year.

Edited by Nightfall

Big difference considering the Wings have Z and Dats for a few years to help the young prospects.

It isn't like Edmonton didn't have some good veteran players to help their youth along. Ryan Smyth comes to mind.

Holland has the worst day, Stevie and Nill probably improve their two teams the most. I think it's pretty clear now Holland surrounded himself with very intelligent people and got most of the credit. Not to mention, the scouts and coaches in player development making him look even better.