• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

The only guy I would want is del zotto other than that just go with the kids. No Quincey, were not winning the cup so let's go young. Who know maybe oullete/sproul/marchenko surprise us big time and we have a legit shot come deadline time. I would consider giving tats and DD more money on a longer term now that we have lots or cap space

Maybe the top guys are really concerned about our future. Let's face it our two superstars are getting older and nobody knows how Zetterbergs back is going to hold up. Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan are nice players but they certainly won't wow players the way Crosby and Malkin or even OV can. Nobody knows if Sproul, Marchenko and others are going to turn into regular top 4 pairing guys.

So from that point I understand why the players would be hesitant but:

one sources is reporting we've offered Niskanen less (38 < 40,25) and others are saying we offered more so what is now true ? If we indeed offered more than well the problem is much bigger than we all might have thought. Maybe it is a way for agents and their clients to pay back for all the lowball offers and expecting players to sign here with an almost given discount ?

Whatever it is Holland has to share some of the blame - if he underpaid all the blame - here. It's a GMs job to make the team a destination but I also think (after cooling down a bit) that the new CBA is screwing us over, we can't sign players to longterm contracts we can't offer them more money because of thef****** parity. How come original 6 franchises are ok with this ?!

Maybe this was the much needed kick in the center and our frontoffice stuff now realizes that we aren't a premier destination anymore and works their **** off for us to become one again and yes, this includes overpaying.

I'm still surprised Niskanen chose Washington over the Wild I'd rather play at home and build a great pairing with Suter or mentor Brodin instead of going into a team, that doesn't know how to spell defense.

My 2 word answer to the ever so important streak: screw it

Edited by frankgrimes

I really hope this spurs KH to offer sheet Subban. Make the deal as rich and unmatchable as you can.

It's not like their are any negatives to doing so, nobody will sign with us and nobody will trade fairly with us now anyway.

At least we are almost guaranteed to see Mantha at some point next season. Seeing him in training camp and preseason is the only thing I'm looking forward to.

I'm not sure about that. Today didn't really affect out forwards still have d.z, mule, Weiss, nyquist, Abby, sheahan, Tatar, jurco, helm, miller, glenny, (Callahan/Ferraro) out of options. That's without alfy who I believe will sign. So not so sure we see mantha as a regular maybe a couple games

I really hope this spurs KH to offer sheet Subban. Make the deal as rich and unmatchable as you can.

It's not like their are any negatives to doing so, nobody will sign with us and nobody will trade fairly with us now anyway.

Subban would have to actually sign the offer sheet though. From what we've seen today we couldn't get the popcorn guy to sign a contract.

well with the d obviously going no where for us do you think maybe Holland should think of possible going after havlet? I said I wanted him if we couldnt get iglina

How about Vrbata? He's on a couple lists. He's on mine after Iggy and Moulson. ...and well, they're both gone. So...

Craig Morgan @cmorganfoxaz 3m

UFA RW Radim Vrbata's camp won't make decision on future today. Considering several options. Vrbata is in Czech Republic. 12:30 am there.

Of course we won't know today on Vrbata.

As far as Del Zotto goes... He might be better than Q offensively, but certainly no better defensively. Kindl might be better defensively, probably not offensively. Del Zotto will cost as much as Kindl. Just because he'd be new and shiny doesn't mean he'd be better.

I'm not sure about that. Today didn't really affect out forwards still have d.z, mule, Weiss, nyquist, Abby, sheahan, Tatar, jurco, helm, miller, glenny, (Callahan/Ferraro) out of options. That's without alfy who I believe will sign. So not so sure we see mantha as a regular maybe a couple games

I didn't say he would be a regular. But we will have injuries...of this we are certain.

id love subban but if you think montreal is goingto let him walk your crazy I was looking at whos left and I wouldn't mind possibly snagging up a del zotto whitney or morris and than possibly heatly or sedigutchi for a forward just to see if we could get some extra production going on the scoring side lets face it if w cant get a proper defensive team we need to outscore the opponent and even though I lov the kids they aren't always going to do it

id love subban but if you think montreal is goingto let him walk your crazy I was looking at whos left and I wouldn't mind possibly snagging up a del zotto whitney or morris and than possibly heatly or sedigutchi for a forward just to see if we could get some extra production going on the scoring side lets face it if w cant get a proper defensive team we need to outscore the opponent and even though I lov the kids they aren't always going to do it

I agree no way were getting subban, but instead of heater or seto why not just resign alfy he's better

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle