• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

I really hope this spurs KH to offer sheet Subban. Make the deal as rich and unmatchable as you can.

It's not like their are any negatives to doing so, nobody will sign with us and nobody will trade fairly with us now anyway.

And Montreal would call him and say thanks for doing the negotiating for us. Offer sheets don't work.

Del Zotto would be a reasonable signing, if it was short term (preferable one year, no more than two) for around $2.5 mil per. He's struggled recently, but that was under Tortorella and then trying to catch on under Trotz. He might be worth a flier on a reclamation project. But only if they move Kindl.

You offer a guy an extra year and 3.5 million to play for you and he says "no thanks"....I'm not sure what the GM can do. We have two immediate RH D options in GR (Marchenko and Jensen) and another that's close in Sproul.

Maybe we can use some of our cap space to pay the people's water bills...that might keep the UN out of town and that might raise the city's profile as a destination for FA's

With the best remaining options being Derek Morris, Ed Jovanovski, Michael Del Zotto, and Joni Pitkaenen, I'd much rather just give Sproul/Ouellet/Marchenko a chance with the big club, than waste our money on any of the players I just mentioned (I do sort of like Del Zotto, but he's yet another lefty). Or acquire a top D-man through trade. As long as we don't have to give up Tatar, Nyquist, or Mantha (I could live with giving up Jurco and picks for the right d-man).

Del Zotto's only 24 years old and could fit to our young group of d men well.Still a lot of room for improvement for him unlike Kindl and especially for Quincey.

I just really don't see how after striking out we can't be all over del zotto he's young, great puck mover and could be a home run if his potential pans out. I'll be mad if holland doesn't sign him enough is enough

Ever been? Ever wonder why there are many multimillionaires in the suburbs of Detroit? It's because no one lives in the damned city, the live in the suburbs which are considered some of the best places to live in the whole country.

Yes, but you're not being offered a contract to play for the Bloomfield Hills Red Wings. They also want to live in places with thriving downtowns, and for the more business minded players, areas that have a lot of potential endorsement deals. Warmer weather helps too.

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

-edit- Didnt see Helm there. They might accept that trade. But giving up Helm and his deadly speed would be really tough to do.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

-edit- Didnt see Helm there. They might accept that trade. But giving up Helm and his deadly speed would be really tough to do.

yeah I agree but I mean if we added someone with alittle more scoring umph and than yandle? it be tempting

I'd take Del Zotto over Kindl or Quincey any day of the week. As far as Heatley or Setoguchi, I want nothing to do with either of those guys. Vrbata is ok, but I'd also rather see Alfie back for 1 year and then Mantha up instead of getting him. If I actually had things my way, I'd keep Mitch Callahan, promote Mantha if he shows he belongs, promote Ouellet and Sproul and then find a way to dump Kindl, whether it be a regular buyout or trade to a desperate team who cares, and then tell Cleary and Alfie to retire.

It sucks to see that other players don't want to play here. That says a lot about what the nhl community thinks about the direction that the Wings are headed. I hate trades as a way to acquire a player, because it's by far the least efficient way to add to the roster, and it helps the opposition, but I think a solid groundbreaking trade or two is going to be necessary to change the perceptions about where we are as an organization. That or put all the money into the kids and hope we have a franchise player or two in the pipeline to build around (unlikely).

I can't blame Holland for not getting much done today if players genuinely were going elsewhere for less lucrative contracts, but IMO this summer, up through the trade deadline are crucial in determining whether he's really the GM that the apologists believe him to be, or whether he's the GM that the critics see. How is he going to respond to today? What is his plan to make Detroit a place that valuable free agents will actually be willing to play for, and is he willing to pull the trigger on any plan to change the image of the Wings? Whatever needs to be done is going to be costly. Is he willing to part with Mantha? Is he willing to part with Nyqvist?

I'd take Del Zotto over Kindl or Quincey any day of the week. As far as Heatley or Setoguchi, I want nothing to do with either of those guys. Vrbata is ok, but I'd also rather see Alfie back for 1 year and then Mantha up instead of getting him. If I actually had things my way, I'd keep Mitch Callahan, promote Mantha if he shows he belongs, promote Ouellet and Sproul and then find a way to dump Kindl, whether it be a regular buyout or trade to a desperate team who cares, and then tell Cleary and Alfie to retire.

that's all tempting but we still don't know if any of those guys are going to be as good as are forward kids where and even they dispeared when we needed them most in the po truth is id want 1 big d signed weather that ment a trade of course that depends on who we traded and than a proven goal scorer id rather have someone who can produce at least 20-30 goals but im still concerned about d 1st if at all we aren't going to get someone form of a top 4 dman than we need to think of a experienced forward who can score otherwise it could be a very long and hard year

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

Probably not, but that gets rid of whatever little grit or speed we have left.

Holland needs to give his head a shake about Quincey. Instead of reiterating what I said in the Rumors thread, ill just copy it here:

I think the best bet is to just go forward with what we have next season, allowing younger players to get used to the NHL. Worst case Ontario, we get a high pick in a stacked draft. Even if we were to trade for Myers right now, its not like were winning the cup with this roster.

The worst thing we could possibly do is sign Quincey again. He hinders the production of younger players without actually making our team better. Stay far far away kyle, please.

Edited by WingsallTheway