• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Just ask the penguins how easy it is to have quality depth when you pay two players max contracts. There is a reason why the penguins have failed repeatedly. The hawks are better off than the penguins because they actually seem to draft properly, but it will be difficult to find quality 3rd and 4th liners that aren't literal plugs. But on the other hand you cannot let Toews and Kane walk ever if you are the Blackhawks.

Yes, I would say they screwed up. I guess this upcoming season is going to be their one window to win it all...

As of right now, they only have $3.2M in cap space with only 15 players under contract. They most definitely will NOT be re-signing Richards. I believe Hossa's days are numbered there as well. They could very well lose Oduya as well. He is a UFA after next season and currently makes $3.375M. He will most definitely get a raise and they just don't have the space. Even if the axed Hossa's $5.2M that is only $8.4M with 14 players signed...kind of hard to get 10 players signed for $8.4M especially if you give Oduya the raise he will earn. (I would say at least $4.5M and that would be a home team discount.)

I will take Hossa and Oduya from them whenever they are ready! :lol:

Just ask the penguins how easy it is to have quality depth when you pay two players max contracts. There is a reason why the penguins have failed repeatedly. The hawks are better off than the penguins because they actually seem to draft properly, but it will be difficult to find quality 3rd and 4th liners that aren't literal plugs. But on the other hand you cannot let Toews and Kane walk ever if you are the Blackhawks.

Well, believe me, I'm not fan of the Hawks, or the Pens, but I think you're a little off base here. Any team that has Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Jokkinen, Dupuis, Sutter, Niskanen, Letang, Morrow (for a year), Iginla (for a year), Orpik, Martin, Scuderi, et. al. SHOULD be competing for Cups. There was no problem with their depth. They just have a mediocre coach and they underperformed.

As long as guys are willing to take less to play for contenders with top flight talent (as the recent signings of Ehrhoff and Richards suggest) then BOTH teams will continue to field competitive teams despite the money allocated to their star players.

Only this time I don't see how they can keep half of their guys, including part of their core. They're going to have to get rid of one or two of Hosse, Sharp, Keith or Seabrook after this season, no question.

Couldn't they just move one or two of their second tier guys...like they did when they dumped Ladd, Versteeg, Big Buf? If they dropped a combination of Bickell, Versteeg, Shaw, Oduya, and Hjalmarsson they'd shed a lot of money and they'd still be a really good team.

I hate to say it, but the Hawks will be just fine.

They're going to have to shed approximately 8 million off their cap next season, taking into account the cap rising another couple million next season. No, it probably wouldn't be impossible to keep their entire core together but it definitely won't be easy. If they do, they'll probably have the worst bottom 6 in the league, which isn't exactly ideal either. I think this is huge over payment, although I think the entire league is massively overpaid. So I guess it will be on par with similar players around the league will be making.

It's funny how some people are freaking out over this. Seriously what they expect without longterm contracts the caphit was for sure going to go up. Bioth of these guys -wheter you hate em of like em - have given 1,5 per discount that's a huge amount of money (12 million over 8 year x 2 = 24 million)

Btw. Crosby's caphit over 8 years = 10,8 so still the highest paid player in the league and rightfully so he is the best one.

They're actually pretty fair contracts when you consider the comparables and the term of the contract and how the market might change.

Weber - 14mil

Crosby - 12mil (hometown discount)

Parise - 12mil

Suter - 12mil

Lundquist - 11mil

Ovechkin - 10mil

Datsyuk - 10mil

Giroux - 10mil

Kessel 10mil

They just weren't able to lower the cap-hit because they're still pretty young.

It's funny how some people are freaking out over this. Seriously what they expect without longterm contracts the caphit was for sure going to go up. Bioth of these guys -wheter you hate em of like em - have given 1,5 per discount that's a huge amount of money (12 million over 8 year x 2 = 24 million)

Btw. Crosby's caphit over 8 years = 10,8 so still the highest paid player in the league and rightfully so he is the best one.

Is your period button broken? Because this is not the first time I've seen you use commas instead of period when trying to write numbers in decimal notation.

Is your period button broken? Because this is not the first time I've seen you use commas instead of period when trying to write numbers in decimal notation.

Some other countries use that as decimals instead of "." My guess is he isn't from America?

Some other countries use that as decimals instead of "." My guess is he isn't from America?

Yeah I'm not from the NA and we use , instead of . for decinmals. Anyway going to do it the NA way next time

btw. Stammer will get more or at least the same amount of money .

Edited by frankgrimes

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. I legitimately thought everyone used periods instead of commas. By all means, keep doing your thing. I'm glad I asked though.

No, I worked with parts made in the Netherlands and they would engrave numbers on the parts and use commas. Took me a couple times to figure it out. Makes it weird when you need data for something critical.