• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

And what would you tell everybody when Green walks at the end of this season to play with a contender? "Sorry folks, now we lost a top flight young forward AND couldn't keep Green".

Tatar wants out anyway though, he's pretty much made that clear. He's threatened more than once to bolt back to the KHL if not brought up, which I completely don't fault him for being subject to such an incompetent and disconnected GM, but nonetheless I think he's already decided he rather play somewhere else.

One thing we have a plethora of is forwards, might as well take a risk and get a guy with a killer right shot from the point.

Regardless, wouldn't save our dumpster fire of an offseason though.

Tatar wants out anyway though, he's pretty much made that clear. He's threatened more than once to bolt back to the KHL if not brought up, which I completely don't fault him for being subject to such an incompetent and disconnected GM, but nonetheless I think he's already decided he rather play somewhere else.

One thing we have a plethora of is forwards, might as well take a risk and get a guy with a killer right shot from the point.

No he hasn't. When commenting on his contract earlier this summer he said...

"On Friday we'll begin negotiating a contract. It's tough to talk about it. Detroit's my priority. I'd say that it's 90% that I'll stay there, only if a fantastic offer came from another team, that Detroit didn't want to match. Everything depends on negotiations. I can't go below the price that a similar player in the league will have earned. But I like the team, and I'll settle there. It's all business, though, and the team could always replace me."

Doesn't sound like a guy that's dying to bolt to another team or the KHL.

"On Friday we'll begin negotiating a contract. It's tough to talk about it. Detroit's my priority. I'd say that it's 90% that I'll stay there, only if a fantastic offer came from another team, that Detroit didn't want to match. Everything depends on negotiations. I can't go below the price that a similar player in the league will have earned. But I like the team, and I'll settle there. It's all business, though, and the team could always replace me."

But he also understands he IS replaceable.

We do need a puck moving rh dman.

Eh, I think it's more lip service than anything else.

Regardless though, I might be crazy, but with all the forward in the pipe, I think Green is worth the risk......contingent upon being able to lock him up.

Bleacher Report reporting Mike Green for Tatar was "close" to being finalized earlier this afternoon. If true, this would cement the worst offseason I can remember for the Wings.

Yeah i'd like to see this link as well.

I would absolutely love if I were Washington's GM and I had an injury prone, defensively irresponsible, RH puck mover and you two were the Detroit's GM. I'd GLADLY take your future 20 goal, 50+ pts, forward off your hands for a guy that really doesn't factor into my long term plans now that I need the cap space and have signed Niskanen and Orpik.

And then I'd laugh and wish you good luck "locking up" this guy in FA next year after you either don't make the playoffs or bounce early. I'm sure Mike Green is dying to play for another borderline NHL team, so why wouldn't he sign?

If tatar gets traded im done... ESPECIALLY for Mike green

Him and helm are the only guys who bring it every shift... I seriously think Tatar has the most heart in the league.

Hell, hes the only guy on our whole team with any sort of character.

Edited by WingsallTheway

Tatar wants out anyway though, he's pretty much made that clear. He's threatened more than once to bolt back to the KHL if not brought up, which I completely don't fault him for being subject to such an incompetent and disconnected GM, but nonetheless I think he's already decided he rather play somewhere else. One thing we have a plethora of is forwards, might as well take a risk and get a guy with a killer right shot from the point. Regardless, wouldn't save our dumpster fire of an offseason though. No he hasn't. When commenting on his contract earlier this summer he said... "On Friday we'll begin negotiating a contract. It's tough to talk about it. Detroit's my priority. I'd say that it's 90% that I'll stay there, only if a fantastic offer came from another team, that Detroit didn't want to match. Everything depends on negotiations. I can't go below the price that a similar player in the league will have earned. But I like the team, and I'll settle there. It's all business, though, and the team could always replace me." Doesn't sound like a guy that's dying to bolt to another team or the KHL.
Tatar has complained about management last season. He's also shown visible signs of annoyance with the way he is treated by Babcock. No one is saying he's rushing for the door, but you don't get the impression he's a lifer, either.He knows he's the only tradeable asset we have. I'm sure he won't be heartbroken if he's traded.My question is, we have too many players on defense if we get Green. Kindl is still here and now the kids don't play. Quincey was a stupid, stupid insurance signing.
I would absolutely love if I were Washington's GM and I had an injury prone, defensively irresponsible, RH puck mover and you two were the Detroit's GM. I'd GLADLY take your future 20 goal, 50+ pts, forward off your hands for a guy that really doesn't factor into my long term plans now that I need the cap space and have signed Niskanen and Orpik. And then I'd laugh and wish you good luck "locking up" this guy in FA next year after you either don't make the playoffs or bounce early. I'm sure Mike Green is dying to play for another borderline NHL team, so why wouldn't he sign?
Except they already said he does factor into their future. They have room for him and he keeps their defense potent along with Niskanen. He's not amazing but he's not hot garbage, either. He fills a need for us. You can't have a team full of players who Excel in each zone. You need a balance. And seeing as how we usually keep our UFA's I'm not worried about re-signing him.That said I hope we don't have to give up Tatar.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Tatar has complained about management last season. He's also shown visible signs of annoyance with the way he is treated by Babcock. No one is saying he's rushing for the door, but you don't get the impression he's a lifer, either.He knows he's the only tradeable asset we have. I'm sure he won't be heartbroken if he's traded.My question is, we have too many players on defense if we get Green. Kindl is still here and now the kids don't play. Quincey was a stupid, stupid insurance signing.

Except they already said he does factor into their future. They have room for him and he keeps their defense potent along with Niskanen. He's not amazing but he's not hot garbage, either. He fills a need for us. You can't have a team full of players who Excel in each zone. You need a balance. And seeing as how we usually keep our UFA's I'm not worried about re-signing him.That said I hope we don't have to give up Tatar.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Where are the links to the things being said about Babcock? And if they are true, I'm thinking he is gone after this year and they call up the griffs coach. Makes sense seeing as they want all the young guys up and they can bring their coach up with them.

I would absolutely love if I were Washington's GM and I had an injury prone, defensively irresponsible, RH puck mover and you two were the Detroit's GM. I'd GLADLY take your future 20 goal, 50+ pts, forward off your hands for a guy that really doesn't factor into my long term plans now that I need the cap space and have signed Niskanen and Orpik.

And then I'd laugh and wish you good luck "locking up" this guy in FA next year after you either don't make the playoffs or bounce early. I'm sure Mike Green is dying to play for another borderline NHL team, so why wouldn't he sign?

Future my ass! He would have got 20 if he wasn't a healthy scratch the first 7 games!!! Just adding to your point btw, not attacking :lol:

If tatar gets traded im done... ESPECIALLY for Mike green

Him and helm are the only guys who bring it every shift... I seriously think Tatar has the most heart in the league.

Hell, hes the only guy on our whole team with any sort of character.

Z brings it every shift, but you do have a point, Tatar is a ball of energy. I'd lose my s*** if Helm got traded as well.

The only way I'm stomaching Tatar being moved is if it's in a package deal for a legit top 2 defenseman. Besides, considering how other trades have gone down, and what Green has brought to the table recently compared to what Tatar has brought, I don't even think Green for Tatar straight up is worth it.

Bleacher Report reporting Mike Green for Tatar was "close" to being finalized earlier this afternoon. If true, this would cement the worst offseason I can remember for the Wings.

I've scoured bleacher report and the entire internet and found nothing of this. If you're going to post something saying such and such websites are saying something you better post a link, or else I and everyone else will just assume you've made it up.

You know, once you've made the playoffs everyone has a chance and we like our team, kids aren't the answer..." rince repat

We have feel we have a good young core we don't want to trade away, too bad it's a man's league and if it were up to me they rot in the ahl

Good thing Tatar doesn't read LGW lol

Kulikov signed to a 3 year $13million dollar deal with FLA. (That's a pretty penny.)

What does this mean for DeKeyser's eventual payday?

From Proteau (THN: Post to Post Blog)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/dmitry-kulikov-re-signs-with-florida-but-his-panthers-career-may-still-end-before-his-contract-does/

Some may say they gave too much money to a guy who has never had more than eight goals and 28 points in a single season, but one quick glimpse of the market for defensemen (hello, Nikita Nikitin at $4.5 million a year!) tells you Tallon had to give Kulikov the going rate for a young player at his position

...and I can't believe "Preds Guy"

PredsFanTheBayouState

photo-thumb-20055.jpg?_r=1398383755

didn't already post this:

Preds sign:

Derek Roy for 1 year/ $1 millon

Mike Ribeiro for 1 year/$1.05 million

...maybe I missed it.

Edited by e_prime

Kulikov signed to a 3 year $13million dollar deal with FLA. (That's a pretty penny.)

What does this mean for DeKeyser's eventual payday?

From Proteau (THN: Post to Post Blog)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/dmitry-kulikov-re-signs-with-florida-but-his-panthers-career-may-still-end-before-his-contract-does/

...and I can't believe "Preds Guy" didn't already post this:

Preds sign:

Derek Roy for 1 year/ $1 millon

Mike Ribeiro for 1 year/$1.05 million

...maybe I missed it.

It's predsfan not preds guy