• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Quincey's probably better than all three of those guys.

It's a moot point since we have Quincey signed, but I definitely would've taken a flyer on Del Zotto with Babs teaching him. Guy has undeniable offensive talents, just needs some work in the d-zone.

It's a moot point since we have Quincey signed, but I definitely would've taken a flyer on Del Zotto with Babs teaching him. Guy has undeniable offensive talents, just needs some work in the d-zone.

We've already got one of those. Any more and I'd have a heart attack every night watching them try to protect the puck.

Del Zotto is also 24! Most of our players have barely seen the NHL by that age and he's played 5 years. I think that things point to him turning things around and he could be a steal for someone. Just needs some good guidance.

As a side note, I think he's a good example of what can happen to a player when they don't play at least their first year in the AHL.

I wanted Mueller last time he hit Free Agency. He is a Michigan kid if I remember correctly and has a big frame to go with his RH shot. Always like him despite the injuries. Doesn't make much sense to get him anymore with our kids + Cleary.

1. I think he's from Minnesota. (Who isn't.)
  2. You can never have too many promising kids. But he's 26, so, kinda moot.
  3. F*** Cleary. We can't let him win.

I mean, I guess. I just don't see him panning out, so why bother? He's soft in the head.

He's 26, he's got a pretty good frame, he's a righty, and he'd cost peanuts. He probably doesn't pan out, but maybe he does. Or maybe he plays on the farm and makes the Griffins better, which helps the kids. I don't have The Answers, man, I just work here.

I mostly just took that position because I wanted to call someone "soft in the head". I wouldn't care if the took a flier on Mueller if it was a two way.

I'm convinced The Glistening has taken over your account. Hey bud, let's go eat some sunshine and rainbows, make it all better.

:lol:

I mostly just took that position because I wanted to call someone "soft in the head". I wouldn't care if the took a flier on Mueller if it was a two way.

This post reeks of sexual innuendo. I approve. *NSFW* !!

Back to Mueller ("Mueller? ... Mueller?"), some random guy thinks he'd be a good fit in Detroit:

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2014/07/22/nhl-rumors-top-5-fits-for-peter-mueller/#slide3

Kevin Hayes, who I've talked up before, might also be an option.

Avoiding the actual arbitration hearing, the Avalanche sign O'Reilly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457771

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the deal pays him $5.8 million next season and $6.2 million in 2015-16.

"There was never any animosity between us this whole time," O'Reilly told Adrian Dater of The Denver Post on Wednesday.

"Any of the perceived animosity came from the outside."

:lol: Cleary is making more than Booth too? Hey Holland, Booth is a local kid, has some chemistry with Weiss, he just signed for $1.1M... I am just baffled. Baffled. Why the hell wouldn't Holland give Booth a 1 year try? All these guys that are getting bought out are signing 1 year deals for the cheap to earn the next big deal. You have to figure Booth's camp called Holland. Holland could have had him for pennies, now when he is a UFA next season, he will get a huge raise...He obviously didn't go to TO to win a Cup next year (like Heatley is trying to do and Richards as well.) He was looking for a job to earn a fatter paycheck next season and Holland isn't even answering phone calls he is happy with his team and waiting to sign Alfie. I get more and more mad everyday watching quality (not high end, but quality) talent go elsewhere for less money than Cleary and #KFQ signed for...and ALL better than Cleary and #KFQ...

Sorry guys, its just so hard not to get frustrated and confused...

Edited by LeftWinger

:lol: Cleary is making more than Booth too? Hey Holland, Booth is a local kid, has some chemistry with Weiss, he just signed for $1.1M... I am just baffled. Baffled. Why the hell wouldn't Holland give Booth a 1 year try? All these guys that are getting bought out are signing 1 year deals for the cheap to earn the next big deal. You have to figure Booth's camp called Holland. Holland could have had him for pennies, now when he is a UFA next season, he will get a huge raise...He obviously didn't go to TO to win a Cup next year (like Heatley is trying to do and Richards as well.) He was looking for a job to earn a fatter paycheck next season and Holland isn't even answering phone calls he is happy with his team and waiting to sign Alfie. I get more and more mad everyday watching quality (not high end, but quality) talent go elsewhere for less money than Cleary and #KFQ signed for...and ALL better than Cleary and #KFQ...

I think we all know by now and it's obvious that Holland is a respected man around the league but a terrible decision maker and was made to look like a hero when he took over a star-studded team that everyone wanted to play for and there were no cap concerns in stopping players from coming here. Well those glory days are over and we now see how truly incompetent Holland really is as a GM. I'm just wondering how long the Illitch family will be fooled into thinking he is still a top GM.

I think we all know by now and it's obvious that Holland is a respected man around the league but a terrible decision maker and was made to look like a hero when he took over a star-studded team that everyone wanted to play for and there were no cap concerns in stopping players from coming here. Well those glory days are over and we now see how truly incompetent Holland really is as a GM. I'm just wondering how long the Illitch family will be fooled into thinking he is still a top GM.

Comments like these make me want to cancel my subscription to LGWs.

Holland is now all of a sudden a bad GM because he didn't sign David friggin Booth?

Please.

Comments like these make me want to cancel my subscription to LGWs.

Holland is now all of a sudden a bad GM because he didn't sign David friggin Booth?

Please.

No that is not what I am saying. It's because he makes promises to washed up players like cleary and signs Quincey for over four mill per he could have signed another comparable left handed defensemen about 1.5 mill per. He tends to get bent over the barrel more than most GM's in the NHL. He is overly cautious and then when he realizes he has come up empty handed he makes a quick fix trade or signing that doesn't really help the team.

Zombo, there is nothing wrong with being disappointed in Holland. I simply said Booth was a hometown kid, more than likely gave Holland a call because most hometown kids do dream of playing for their childhood team. But Holland is happy with his team and won't do another thing until he signs Alfie.

BTW David Friggin Booth is tons better than Dan s***stain Cleary. Booth has proven to have chemistry with Weiss and that kind of chemistry is valuable around this league. I was not saying that Booth was going to be the savior of this team, but I'd rather have Booth and 30-40 points at $1.1M than Cleary and his 10 games at $2.75M and probably 0-5 points. Just saying. And btw, where in my post did I say Holland is a bad GM? So, when you decide to comment on someone's quote, make sure you are quoting the correct post.

Zombo, there is nothing wrong with being disappointed in Holland. I simply said Booth was a hometown kid, more than likely gave Holland a call because most hometown kids do dream of playing for their childhood team. But Holland is happy with his team and won't do another thing until he signs Alfie.

BTW David Friggin Booth is tons better than Dan s***stain Cleary. Booth has proven to have chemistry with Weiss and that kind of chemistry is valuable around this league. I was not saying that Booth was going to be the savior of this team, but I'd rather have Booth and 30-40 points at $1.1M than Cleary and his 10 games at $2.75M and probably 0-5 points. Just saying. And btw, where in my post did I say Holland is a bad GM? So, when you decide to comment on someone's quote, make sure you are quoting the correct post.

You didn't need to say it in your post. Your opinion on Holland has been well stated over the past year.

Booth is just as stupid a signing as Cleary, and then some, because when healthy, Cleary is an "every day-er" that's only one season removed from being one of our better playoff performers in 2013. Booth has had two good seasons with Florida and hasn't done jack squat in 3 years.

But the grass is always greener............

I never understood the Cleary handshake agreement to begin with. Cleary was gone, he turned down a 3 year deal from the wings and we had no cap space left. Then he got a contract offer, turned around and told Holland he wanted to come back, and at that point Holland had the upper hand. He was ready to walk away before, so what changed? He gave him a one year contract offer and should have said, look Danny, I know you want more, but this is what we can afford (even though they couldn't) so take it or leave it. Instead told him he would get a raise the following year if he re-signed. Somehow from Cleary having no bargaining leverage, he got the upper hand, maybe Cleary should be our gm lol.

I don't believe Cleary ever had a firm offer. At best I think it was tryout with Philly with a potential offer if he showed anything. St. Lame was really the only one pushing the idea he was turning down a guaranteed deal to come back.