• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Vladimir Sobotka leaves the Blues for the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/vladimir-sobotka-leaves-blues-for-khl--maligned-steve-ott-back-as-plan-b-162438546.html

Also, Scott Hannan re-signed with the Sharks.

sobotka going for the KHL is really doing a disservice for any other Russians who want to play in the nhl. who's going to want to keep drafting Russians when they could bolt for the khl

sobotka going for the KHL is really doing a disservice for any other Russians who want to play in the nhl. who's going to want to keep drafting Russians when they could bolt for the khl

Not really is just him though. But can you blame them? Going back to their home country to be paid just as if not more handsomely?

If memory serves me correct, Sobotka is Czech. I think with Stastny signing there, he realized he'd be the fourth line centre.

If memory serves me correct, Sobotka is Czech. I think with Stastny signing there, he realized he'd be the fourth line centre.

according to his agent, he wanted a one year deal at 3 mill... the blues offered him two years at that or one year at 2.7 mill.

sounds pretty selfish to me

source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/difference-between-sobotka-and-blues-was-300000-says-agent/

also, sounds like a lot to pay for a guy you'd think would be a fourth line center.. but that possibility could've easily factored into his decision.

according to his agent, he wanted a one year deal at 3 mill... the blues offered him two years at that or one year at 2.7 mill.

sounds pretty selfish to me

source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/difference-between-sobotka-and-blues-was-300000-says-agent/

I read the first part and thought you were talking about Cleary and almost spit my coffee out.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I read the first part and thought you were talking about Cleary and almost spit my coffee out.

i mean, why not just give cleary 3 mill at this point.... ugh. I really wanted to wake up this morning and have the cleary nightmare be over but it's just too real

Oh, and Sproul, Ouellet, Alexey Marchenko and Mattias Backman will all start in GR while Quincey, Kindl, and Lashoff will be with the Wings on opening night.

Sproul, Ouellet and the other top young defensemen, Alexey Marchenko and Mattias Backman, will start the season with the Grand Rapids Griffins, barring multiple injuries in the preseason.

Bleacher Report reporting Mike Green for Tatar was "close" to being finalized earlier this afternoon. If true, this would cement the worst offseason I can remember for the Wings.

I would actually consider this. Do you have a link?