• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#61 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 782 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Don't worry we will get Gaborik when he is 39.

#62 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Kings are an attractive team for any hockey player. The ownership and management are committed to keep the team competitive. Also LA is a nice place to live. I live in LA for 24 years and I can tell you that hockey is becoming very popular here. Iam sure lots of players will take discounts to come here.

Let's see what happens when/if they can no longer compete.  It's easy to like a winning team.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#63 yztheman

yztheman

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

from a poster on nhl.com :

"Pretty misleading title. We didn't pay any ransom for him and as mentioned it's King's. Furthermore we have no recapture penalty for Gaborik which means that if he decides to retire in 2 years, he is off the books at zero cap hit. Therefore we just got Marion Gaborik the leading goal scorer in the NHL postseason (the only real season) for as many years as we want him at 4.875 cap hit. Put that in your pipe and smoke it."

If that's true then it was a good deal for Kings.

#64 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

"Pretty misleading title. We didn't pay any ransom for him and as mentioned it's King's. Furthermore we have no recapture penalty for Gaborik which means that if he decides to retire in 2 years, he is off the books at zero cap hit. Therefore we just got Marion Gaborik the leading goal scorer in the NHL postseason (the only real season) for as many years as we want him at 4.875 cap hit. Put that in your pipe and smoke it."

What's the recapture penalty on then? I don't understand the rule? If someone could clarify it would be greatly appreciated

#65 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

What's the recapture penalty on then? I don't understand the rule? If someone could clarify it would be greatly appreciated

Recapture penalty is for front loaded contracts.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#66 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Recapture penalty is for front loaded contracts.

Okay but what's the criteria for a front loaded deal cause gaborik makes north of 6 at the start of the deal and south of 4 million in the last years

#67 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

No kidding. Makes me wonder if they would have taken Kindl? He makes half of that.

Who knows. Supposedly the Oilers are interested in Mark Fayne of the Devils, too. Wonder if they plan on keeping Mark Fraser. If not, he would be a solid bottom pairing guy. Personally, Deryk Engelland would be my primary target, as far as bottom pairing guys go.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 25 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#68 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Pierre LeBrun         @Real_ESPNLeBrun Follow

Gaborik breakdown: $6.075 M each of first 3 yrs; $5.075 M in 17-18; $4.575 M in 18-19; $3.175 M in 19-20; $3.075 M in 20-21

3:20 PM - 25 Jun 2014

front loaded as it should be

Callahan breakdown: $6 M/ $6.4 M/ $6.5 M/ $6.5 M/ $4.7 M/ $4.7 M. For an AAV of $5.8 M per

i would have done both of these

#69 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Recapture penalties are only for contracts signed pre-lockout. The 8 year max deal in the new cba is supposed to keep teams from drastically lowering a cap hit of a given player. So any new deals signed now won't have a recapture penalty.

Also, Gustavsson officially signed with us today. 1 year, 1.875 million.

#70 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Recapture penalties are only for contracts signed pre-lockout. The 8 year max deal in the new cba is supposed to keep teams from drastically lowering a cap hit of a given player. So any new deals signed now won't have a recapture penalty.

Also, Gustavsson officially signed with us today. 1 year, 1.875 million.

Okay thank you for the clarification

#71 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

A year after everyone said it was a terrible, terrible contract by player and team; Lecavalier is on the block - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455738

Really wonder if anyone is gonna have interest in him

#NOMOREKINDL

#72 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

A year after everyone said it was a terrible, terrible contract by player and team; Lecavalier is on the block - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455738

Really wonder if anyone is gonna have interest in him

Buffalo has stated they'd be willing to absorb some bloated contracts....at a price...

I can't imagine Philly thinks they would get a positive return.  It seems Hextall is finally going to inject some logic and restraint into this franchise.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#73 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

No link but JUST A RUMOR I heard until I see a link....which I can't find.

But Kane and toews are seeking a deal for 12m a year.

As soon as I post I found one:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455746

Edited by DeGraa55, 26 June 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#74 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

It is what they are initially seeking, but they'll still probably wind up with $9 mil/year.

"Hometown discount"

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#75 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hahaha I hope it happens!

#76 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

There are reports coming out that Kesler is likely to be traded in the next 24 hours.

The most likely landing spot according to the rumors is Detroit.

Canucks fans seem to think it will be Tatar and our 1st rounder going to Vancouver.

#77 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Let's see what happens when/if they can no longer compete.  It's easy to like a winning team.

I don't know.  If I was a player and had the choice of playing in LA, I'd do it unless the team was absolutely terrible (Islanders) or I had never won a Cup before and had limited time to win one.  I mean, it's LA.  I've never been there but considering the weather, the scenery and proximity to real entertainment, LA has to blow most other cities out of the water. Except for maybe NYC.  It'd be a no-brainer for me as a player to sign with LA, even if it was for slightly less money than I'd make somewhere else.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#78 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

There are reports coming out that Kesler is likely to be traded in the next 24 hours.

Canucks fans seem to think it will be Tatar and our 1st rounder going to Vancouver.

I know it's rumors but any links?

#79 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I know it's just a rumor, but if that's all it takes...wow.

For the record, the rumor about Kesler is from Dreger. Looking for a link now.

EDIT: Okay, so Dreger's Twitter feed mentions that trade talk surrounding Kesler is heating up by the minute, and teams are pushing hard but Kesler won't change his list of acceptable trade locations. 

Dreger DOES NOT SAY Detroit is a possible destination. In fact, he says he has no idea where a likely destination is.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#80 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I seen that a trade is imminent but nothing really discussing Detroit.