• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#881 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yea at this point let's pack it in and try again next year. Nothing we do now is going to drastically improve our team unless we are talking a Shea Weber. Get a cheap one year filler and hope next off season has greener pastures.

TBH, this year's pastures are about as green as it's going to get, in terms of UFA options. And Kenny got no one new. Absolutely no one.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#882 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Keep in mind, Yzerman may have driven away one of the all time great Bolts...just saying he's not perfect.

He also got Callahan and some picks from that so it wasn't really a loss

#883 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Keep in mind, Yzerman may have driven away one of the all time great Bolts...just saying he's not perfect.

Seriously? You're going to be the guy that's willing to get even close to defending St. Louis and his pathetic tantrum?

I'm not saying he's perfect either, but for the love, none of my reasons for thinking so has anything to do with the St. Louis situation.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#884 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

No, I think it's one of the kids and a high pick. Which, honestly, might be worth it.

Myers isn't that good.  No, it isn't. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#885 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Swear to god if we give up Mantha in af****** trade I will officially renounce my fanship today. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#886 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Swear to god if we give up Mantha in af****** trade I will officially renounce my fanship today. 

I think Holland's stated he's untouchable.

#887 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Only a Canadian could say that.    :lol:

:hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#888 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Helene St. James
@HeleneStJames

Looks like #RedWings may have to trade for d-man. Buffalo's Tyler Myers' big righty, but would cost Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha & high pick.

If KH does this, I will lose myf****** mind.  Myers is garbage, overpaid, AND would cost good young assets. 

Just don't do anything to make it worse Kenny. 

That would be absolute lunacy... so for Kenny, it is probably all but final. :(

#889 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

The Wings compete with Tampa, yes, but they don't necessarily need the same players or have the same holes to fill. I'm not going to go round and round with you on this.

:brow:  Round and round?  This is my first response to you on this topic. So slow down champ.

Also, Tampa needed a top 4 d-man just as much as we do.  So, yeah.  Kinda the same need and same hole.

Now we're going back and forth.  Not round and round.  :rolleyes:

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#890 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

I think Holland's stated he's untouchable.

So was Jarnkrok supposedly. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#891 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Helene St. James
@HeleneStJames

Looks like #RedWings may have to trade for d-man. Buffalo's Tyler Myers' big righty, but would cost Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha & high pick.

If KH does this, I will lose myf****** mind.  Myers is garbage, overpaid, AND would cost good young assets. 

Just don't do anything to make it worse Kenny. 

I don't think Myers is garbage, but he definitely isn't worth whatever the hell Tim Murray is asking for.

#892 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

This is unreal.  I legitimately feel like I'm being punked.  The only reason to stand pat in the offseason is if your'e the Stanley Cup champion, or you've got zero cap space.  Neither applies to Detroit. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#893 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Either do I that's why I said "May have", we'll never know the whole and accurate truth to that episode. What we do know is that one of the all time great Bolts did NOT say, wow, I really want to be a part of what Yzerman is doing.

But it sounds like it had zero to do with the Tampa Bay team and everything to do with not getting picked for the Olympics. 

I just don't see how it's a reflection on how Yzerman is running things there.  

St. Louis was able to use his NTC to hand pick his destination, putting Yzerman in a difficult situation.  In the end the Bolts came away with Callahan.  I think that's making a pretty good deal out of a bad situation.

#894 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

If we are going to give up that much for Myers, we might as well at least trade for Erik Karlson from Ottawa.

#895 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

The only really positive takeaway here is that we still do have a very promising stable of quality young players, and, should they pan out in a big way, we haven't done anything to endanger our ability to keep them. Or something. I don't know. Shut up.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#896 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

@adater: Avs likely out on Niskanen. Only $10 mil under cap, O'Reilly and Barrie still unsigned. Unless they deal one of them

I'll take O'Reilly off their hands...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#897 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Ok time to put in an offer sheet on Subban:)

#898 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

:brow:  Round and round?  This is my first response to you on this topic. So slow down champ.

Also, Tampa needed a top 4 d-man just as much as we do.  So, yeah.  Kinda the same need and same hole.

Now we're going back and forth.  Not round and round.  :rolleyes:

Thanks, "champ."

#899 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Either do I that's why I said "May have", we'll never know the whole and accurate truth to that episode. What we do know is that one of the all time great Bolts did NOT say, wow, I really want to be a part of what Yzerman is doing.

But he did say "I want to be closer to my family" and getting left of the Olympic squad "definitely had something to do with it." That was a situation that was a lot more cut and dry, and Yzerman handled it about as well as could reasonably be expected. He was the one who came out of that situation looking like the good guy, and he did the best he could in trade given that his hands were tied.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#900 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Once Iginla signed, action heated up on UFA Radim Vrbata. 5 teams in there heavy right now.